Converse Aero Jam... Will we ever get RETRO?

Lol Larry Johnson definitely isn't tied up in any FILA paper work. Converse did NOT sign Larry to a contract the first time these retro'd contrary to a previous post in this thread that's why the grandmama ads for the retro and the keychains on the shoe were shadows not Larry's actual face, it honestly makes no sense as to why they took the number 2 off the shoe. But it's not just the number two they left off other small design aspects the original and the retro featured making the shoe look much more bland. This isn't rocket science, you take the original shoe and you replicate it. Sure, it's not the worst retro ever but it could and SHOULD have been much better.

exactly

i feel like the retros of these have been made such trash over the years  that people have forgotten what a nice shoe this was originally.

Same thing with the Run n Slams. Originally the materials were great and they were a shoe that you would consider over many of the classic nikes on the shelves at the time.

I hate the term "Lifestyle"  

It may as well be " cop out for max profits"

Id love some Iverson 1-4... but no proper DMX = get lost.

Id love to see Ferarri sell a retro f40 with a 3 cylinder hyundai engine.

They could call it a lifestyle ferarri and tell you that you dont need all the tech because they now produce so many faster models.

Ohhh yeah and the F40's leather, padding, and carbon fibre has been removed and replaced with pleather, nothing and some tpu.

THEN FERARRI TURNS AROUND AND CHARGES MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL.

^^^ This is the retro game, this is how bad we are willing to get clowned for nostalgia. 

to those saying the quality will be up to par with these, I highly doubt that. Remember Nike owns Converse, they'll cut corners as much as possible to get that profit and make their share holders happy. Like Kane said, the box is the selling point to the Beasts. I will save my money and not cop these, rather cop some FILAs or Reeboks. Atleast I know they'll be comfortable on foot.

Lol my feelings are hurt

Resorting to personal attacks

Yup truth hurts

Why cant you comprehend that everybody has an opinion and getting bent out of shape because people dont agree with you is childish.

Last edited:
Lol my feelings are hurt

Resorting to personal attacks

Yup truth hurts

Why cant you comprehend that everybody has an opinion and getting bent out of shape because people dont agree with you is childish.

I wasn't the one bent of shape, nor hurt. I stated an opinion about lames coming in threads posting the same complaints about sneakers they were posting last year and the year b4 that and acting like it's the end of the world. Cats stated their likes/dislikes about the shoe and gave reasons, u came in OD like always going out your way to prove why you don't like something and why others shouldn't like it either.

Kids will be kids and seek attention i guess, but this my last post devoted to u homie. I'm here to check out and talk about things I think are dope. Find u a sucker on here to troll and argue with u all week b/c I'm not the one to waste my time with it.

You were saying that the color is off and not as vibrant. That side panel has no metal mesh on it. I seen somewhere that Converse is releasing these as a LIFESTYLE shoe. Which they've made it lighter, which in turn loses most of it's OG tech

They were a lifestyle release in 2004 as well, no legit react juice. Trust me it has nothing to do with making the shoe lighter because its a LIFESTYLE release. I know personally that this re-retro was hard fought internally. I've spoken with Converse's creative director about the shoe and he told me the shoe would come up almost daily its possible that there were some compromises made between the individuals that pushed for the shoe and those that didn't think the shoe would sell.

They were a lifestyle release in 2004 as well, no legit react juice. Trust me it has nothing to do with making the shoe lighter because its a LIFESTYLE release. I know personally that this re-retro was hard fought internally. I've spoken with Converse's creative director about the shoe and he told me the shoe would come up almost daily its possible that there were some compromises made between the individuals that pushed for the shoe and those that didn't think the shoe would sell.

Thanks for the info. It's hard to understand why there was doubts about retroing this shoe. Converse is own by Nike who's been retroing shoes like crazy. So Converse is just interested is doing only their all stars? I take it that there will be no Aero glide and Aero Jet. Might be a good thing when it won't be a legit retro

^look at fila. This is what nike is probably thinking and why they dont retro more cons.

Would love to see the converse magic and tar max retroed but that probably wont happen

Thanks for the info. It's hard to understand why there was doubts about retroing this shoe. Converse is own by Nike who's been retroing shoes like crazy. So Converse is just interested is doing only their all stars? I take it that there will be no Aero glide and Aero Jet. Might be a good thing when it won't be a legit retro

When I worked for converse and traveled with the go-teams, retro Cons were always talked about. Nike kinda stepped and stripped converse down to just a million variations of All Stars, JPs, Star Players. They even downsized the hoops department. The weapons for instance were almost always released thru a collab and although they are nice, the prices would always be OD.

I'm happy and hopeful that this release will lead to more stuff being released like Energy Waves, Rodmans, and one of my grails the All Star 2000

Thinking about those Grandma Ma ads today. A tough B-ball player wears a dress and wig to sell shoes. Buffoonery at its best LOL. I dont think that wouldn't fly today in the era of Social Media. He would get clowned to no end. Tyler Perry gets a semi pass as a actor. It wasn't LJ's idea of doing Grandma Ma anyways.

Last edited:

You were saying that the color is off and not as vibrant. That side panel has no metal mesh on it. I seen somewhere that Converse is releasing these as a LIFESTYLE shoe. Which they've made it lighter, which in turn loses most of it's OG tech
Thats the problem, You gotta be about the $ and about that life early. They cannot sleep. I hit up CONS a WHILE ago, and asked for a retro, they had nothing planned.... Now we finally get a retro when Retro product is slowing down... Foams aint selling out etc- 

Its all good though, you win some, and you lose some. 

I think the pics I took are too large to upload so I will try to upload them when i get home from the Mac...

The quality is amazing for $110... The suede/nubucky material is soft and isn't ashy like the recent 5s

Although the shoe is light, it neither feels flimsy or hard and tight like the recent force max retros.

Def isn't any react juice in the shoe, just a gum colored sole but it adds to the vintage look IMO

No size 14s tho

No size 14s tho
Whaaaaat
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom