Convince a Mac hater to buy one

I have been with PC all my life. Been always hating on the mac. The only apple product I have is the Ipod
I have the typical PC mentality about the Mac.

My old laptop just broke and I have friends trying to convince me to switch over to the dark side (or light side, whichever way you view it 
laugh.gif
).

I was planning on getting a PC, but can be convinced otherwise.

I know most of NT has Mac's and used to be PC users. What do you/don't you like about it? How smooth is the transition?

I don't do cpu intensive stuff. Internet surfing, skyping, downloading movies/music etc, streaming stuff, occasional gaming (which I have a desktop PC for),

Thanks

I have been with PC all my life. Been always hating on the mac. The only apple product I have is the Ipod
I have the typical PC mentality about the Mac.

My old laptop just broke and I have friends trying to convince me to switch over to the dark side (or light side, whichever way you view it 
laugh.gif
).

I was planning on getting a PC, but can be convinced otherwise.

I know most of NT has Mac's and used to be PC users. What do you/don't you like about it? How smooth is the transition?

I don't do cpu intensive stuff. Internet surfing, skyping, downloading movies/music etc, streaming stuff, occasional gaming (which I have a desktop PC for),

Thanks

Get a mac this is coming from a person that's used PC for (13 years). Once you get a mac you'll be like what have I been missing!

Get a mac this is coming from a person that's used PC for (13 years). Once you get a mac you'll be like what have I been missing!

I'm posting on a Mac, and I MUCH prefer my Mac over my PC. Only reason why I'm not on my PC is because it's broken. Don't get me wrong, I like my Mac, but I can just do much more on my PC than my Mac.
The transition is quite easy. I learned how to use my Mac in under 5 seconds.
My main problem with them is that they're overpriced. $1,200 for Core 2 Duos...
grin.gif

It's gonna be hard to find things that are compatible for Macs, as 99% of stuff are for PCs, but if you look around, you can manage to find what you need. You mentioned gaming, and I will tell you it was a pain being able to find emulators that work on my Mac, and not many games are compatible for Mac.
Oh yes, the thing about Macs not getting viruses, that is a myth. They still get viruses. Not much, but they do get viruses.

I'm posting on a Mac, and I MUCH prefer my Mac over my PC. Only reason why I'm not on my PC is because it's broken. Don't get me wrong, I like my Mac, but I can just do much more on my PC than my Mac.
The transition is quite easy. I learned how to use my Mac in under 5 seconds.
My main problem with them is that they're overpriced. $1,200 for Core 2 Duos...
grin.gif

It's gonna be hard to find things that are compatible for Macs, as 99% of stuff are for PCs, but if you look around, you can manage to find what you need. You mentioned gaming, and I will tell you it was a pain being able to find emulators that work on my Mac, and not many games are compatible for Mac.
Oh yes, the thing about Macs not getting viruses, that is a myth. They still get viruses. Not much, but they do get viruses.

i loved my mac, i had to sell it because i had 100 dollars to my name, i can't wait to get back on the right foot and get one again

i loved my mac, i had to sell it because i had 100 dollars to my name, i can't wait to get back on the right foot and get one again

Originally Posted by theconditioner

My very insignificant input: If you use Excel heavily, don't get a Mac. 

Kind of random I know. 

Interesting. I used Excel a ton last quarter and it was all on my mac. Especially with the new Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, you can now
write macro's instead of previously having to use AppleScript.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theconditioner

My very insignificant input: If you use Excel heavily, don't get a Mac. 

Kind of random I know. 

Interesting. I used Excel a ton last quarter and it was all on my mac. Especially with the new Microsoft Office for Mac 2011, you can now
write macro's instead of previously having to use AppleScript.
pimp.gif

I just jumped on the mac band wagon.

I just purchased the 15 Inch MBP with i7 Processor, I also own an HP Laptop with similar specs (bought it last year when they first put i7's on laptop.) The MBP just runs so much faster (mostly when I'm using CS5 and using final cut on my Mac) you can really tell the difference even from just booting up the machine and starting programs.

now I pretty much use my HP to browse the internet and Macbook for editing pics and videos.

I just jumped on the mac band wagon.

I just purchased the 15 Inch MBP with i7 Processor, I also own an HP Laptop with similar specs (bought it last year when they first put i7's on laptop.) The MBP just runs so much faster (mostly when I'm using CS5 and using final cut on my Mac) you can really tell the difference even from just booting up the machine and starting programs.

now I pretty much use my HP to browse the internet and Macbook for editing pics and videos.

dont overpay for a computer if youre just going to be Internet surfing, skyping, downloading movies/music etc, streaming stuff, occasional gaming

get a pc>

dont overpay for a computer if youre just going to be Internet surfing, skyping, downloading movies/music etc, streaming stuff, occasional gaming

get a pc>

Back
Top Bottom