CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

I must admit, after reading the thread, this has some of the best food for thought that I have read here on NT in a while. Good luck on the sales Corgi.

much love corgi, thanks again!

3550290404_9f7d5eec08_o.jpg

Originally Posted by nadesico86

I must admit, after reading the thread, this has some of the best food for thought that I have read here on NT in a while. Good luck on the sales Corgi.
thanks kindly

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

We all built the mess that things have become. Might as well admit it and embrace it and get over yourselves with humility and a little perspective.

The funny part is so many of you want to hold on so tightly to something that isnt there. Its just sneakers. Someone else has all the pairs you have. Its not that special. None of us are as original as we think, our taste and style isnt reinventing the wheel, and we just follow along with what we see. And better yet 99.9% of you will say im wrong.
wisdom like this is seldom spoken anymore, it is appreciated that u share your thoughts dude.

Originally Posted by brickSB

much love corgi, thanks again!

3550290404_9f7d5eec08_o.jpg
enjoy them sir. Bursts are one of my faves. Still a very underrated shoe but if Nike does a retro program with them then they will be everyonesfavorite all time shoe..until the next retro program comes around and everyone hops on that trend

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

We all built the mess that things have become. Might as well admit it and embrace it and get over yourselves with humility and a little perspective.

The funny part is so many of you want to hold on so tightly to something that isnt there. Its just sneakers. Someone else has all the pairs you have. Its not that special. None of us are as original as we think, our taste and style isnt reinventing the wheel, and we just follow along with what we see. And better yet 99.9% of you will say im wrong.
wisdom like this is seldom spoken anymore, it is appreciated that u share your thoughts dude.

wisdom? not out of me sir. My mind is far too shot out for that kind of honor. Bitter lunacy which so many think...not the case either. SO many "shoe gods" say im bitter. Companies/blogs/shoe mags think im not good for promoting sneaker cultue.. Or better yet jealous. What if sole collector did a nice pictoral of me with my balls teabagging a pair of Jordan 4s. Or maybe i did a youtube vid saying why i am the king of shoes nobody wanted and now everyone wants laced with some beat and me giving my best prison yard photo pose. . Or better yet, go to sneaker shows and summits and god knows what else. Could i still say what i do? Would I?
More importantly would it matter. What if no one knew i had a bunch of shoes? And i was just some newbie named "bubbaela1" on NT who cant even sell shoes in the buysell forums because i dont meet the criteria. I would get killed for what i say on NT. Instead of a few who agree and a bunch who just read it but dont want to even hear it because it hits too close to home. So on one hand, its interesting a place like sneaker freaker would allow me to express my greatly stripped and diluted thoughts. But thats only because i have had this kind of buzz since 04 when my dear friends at the hundreds took a few photos of some of my stuff when i was away. Then all of a sudden i was somewhat legit. Still heavily scrutinized because nothing can ever be good enough for the elitist "sneakerhead" mindset. Without that my opinion would be killed by 14-16 year olds on message boards all over. And it still is...
But why should what i say be valued differently whether i have 2000 pairs (i think i have more but i have never even thought about counting or organizing them) or 2 pairs? It all goes back to people in this sneaker thing being grossly overvalued because someone has told you they have value and their opinion is worthy of your ears and mind. Becauise someone has more pairs than you, they are better than you. Like it takes any skill or talent whatsoever to buy shoes. Especially today when nothing is limited and everything is available online. Again, all it takes is $$$. Look at the top "sneakerheads" that are worshipped and tributed (yes another glassjaw reference). What makes them better than you? Could you not get exactly what they had if you had the $$$. I could sell all my shoes and become the "worlds" best Jordan collector tomorrow. Buy all the OG stuff, all the PEs, all the bells and whistles crap thats out. Would that make me a jordan expert? A true Jordan fan? Am i better than you now? Am i sole collector worthy? I know more than you do because i have more pairs right? You dont know anything and your collection is "ok, not much heat, but a nice little start" even though you know the history, details, colorways, inspirations for every Jordan 1 to whatever # they are on thee days. Sadly, i would be better than you with my blind spending and deep pockets. Things are reversed in this sneaker thing. An individual used to make the shoe. Now the shoe makes the individual.

Originally Posted by Roll 22

Man oh man....I have never saw a collection of shoes like Corgi has got! Unbelievable is the only thing I can say....I picked up a pair of Neon Yellow Air Max 95's (2003) from him last week.... the whole deal was perfect from start to go!

thanks for making it easy sir. I did nothing except act like how people should when dealing with shoes. Respect each and every offer since they are allsubjective, be polite, communicate, and hold up to my end 123%. The hardest part these days that i see and a major difference in todays "sneakerhead'is that they like to go fishing for prices, like to make deals for the sake of knowing they can get a shoe at a certain price but not intend to pay (my fav. iswhen someone says they hate all the new shoes, love my oldr stuff, lock in a deal, then say they may pay in a few weeks because they have to buy the latestbattery operated nike x rainbow brite x carebearx my little pony 80s TV pack release).
its all fun regardless. Its all a process, and i have control over it versus eGay telling me the terms and taxing me or a message board where i have to legallychange the name of my 3 kids to forum mod names in order to sell a shoe.

Much respect to Corgishoe. You are a brand unto yourself. Don't sweat anyone hating on your movement. On the real, Suckers never change sofronting is expected. Your collection sparks the memories of some and serves as a History Lesson to others!

Always love your perspective Corgie. Thanks for sharing your point of view. Your self-awareness, and honesty is rare.

BrickSB- Nice pickup on those Bursts.....guess I was a tad too slow on those.

Can't say enough about buying shoes from Corgie. I've scooped up some gems from him, and it's always been a pleasure.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Much respect to Corgishoe. You are a brand unto yourself. Don't sweat anyone hating on your movement. On the real, Suckers never change so fronting is expected. Your collection sparks the memories of some and serves as a History Lesson to others!
i am definitely not a brand. A brand gets recognition and has a following. Especially in the world of shoes. You need be a sneaker contest winner,a sneaker painter, or make you tube vids about how you are the best to be a recognizable brand. I just have a lot of shoes. Its not hard to do. I dont sweatanyone, thats for sure. Its funny how the "sneakerhead" who claim to be the end all to all things sneakers are what has fractured and ruined thissneaker thing by insisting on things being a competition/contest and making labels for everything. These "sneakerheads" made themselves into aglorified shoe geek. Liking and buying shoes wasnt enough for some people. It had to be a show. A contest. I guess there isnt enough attention for some peopleto just like shoes and share a passion. Envy and jealousy pervades this shoe thing. And its a shame because at the end of the day, no one is better than anyoneelse. No one is the best collector out there. Its not a skill, or a talent. But thats what the "sneakerhead" wants it to be. So thats what the shoecompanies have moved towards. Gimmicks, bells and whistles, packages, hype, re-retro of a retro thats been done 6 times already, and saturating the market withinferior product and limited shoes that are in no way limited.

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Always love your perspective Corgie. Thanks for sharing your point of view. Your self-awareness, and honesty is rare.

BrickSB- Nice pickup on those Bursts.....guess I was a tad too slow on those.

Can't say enough about buying shoes from Corgie. I've scooped up some gems from him, and it's always been a pleasure.
cleveland222..always my pleasure to hear from you. We've had a few email exchanges. You are as solid as they get. Realistic, clear thoughts,respectful and honest. I dont see you ever loosing your passion for shoes because you think as an individual and are honest with yourself, and your purchases.For all of you who dont get my message or thoughts, thats really what its about. Im not bitter. Im not jealous. I am not a hater. Im just sad at the statethings are in. I love when people have an interest and passion for sneakers. I dont care if you camp out for days, buy GRs, and really ballwash someone forjordan PEs. But i think honesty is sorely missing. And it hurts what we all are trying to accomplish which is quality product being released, innovation indesign, and longevity of this sneaker thing. When you chase hype be honest about it. We all do. I do, you do, its not a big deal. But why can no one admit whythey purchase what they purchase. I'll be the first to admit, i have bought many a shoe because it was limited and the store asked me if i wanted it. Butsomewhere people got ahead of themselves and started to think they were better than others because they had more shoes, more limited shoes, had a betterdisplay at a shoe contest, or were proud to really lowball anyone selling but then rape anyopne that was buying. . Instead of being a jerkoff, help someoneout. Dont make them feel stupid for liking what you like. Be happy that shoes are very mainstream now. Beleive it or not there was a time when liking sneakersbasically got you called a "girl" (i could use about 100 other terms but after all this is NT and the mods love being mods) because only girls followand buy shoes like that. Because remember we all imitated someone else with our preferences of what we like. Have a genuine conversation about shoes. I getemails all day just talking about shoes. I like that. I hate the business end because many of you think i have somehow amassed 2000-3000 pairs of shoes buthave NO CLUE what the value is. Which lead to some interesting offers (but offers are subjective so i can never be nasty about a low offer because thats whatthe emailer values the shoes at. Its not personal, its never a problem, and im thankful that the emailer looks at my site and would consider buying a shoe fromme considering all the low life scum bag rip off artists who someday will fraud the wrong person and get their face fixed. But the genuine sneakerconversation is what keeps me going. Well that and the dog pics and conversation which is far better than shoes!

Just copped the Raptor 7's and RED/BLACK Patent Leather 1's from my man Corgi!! big ups to you man yall check out this mans site hes the real deal

Originally Posted by Kicks10123

Much respect to you and your thoughts Corgie

thanks dude. i just kinda say what i wanna say. The posts get a little wordy but i can really just go on and on about this sneaker thing. I really pay no mindto what comes out and have just let things be but i still have a love and passion for shoes that i would put up against anyone elses. Regardless if i sell themall and dont buy anything ever again. To me shoes are more than just having them, wearing them, etc. I can have nothing left but have it all because of thememories. Thats good enough for me. its not about whats on my feet, or what i have. I can be the biggest shoe geek never buying another pair, not havinganother pair, or following shoes altogether. And im content with that. Some people like what i say. Many dont. Many ignore it. That fine. But i wouldcertainly put whati have to say against anyone else who's trying to tell it otherwise. All one in the same to me although i do appreciate any support yousall have shown me in checking the blog and those who comment on this little thread and email me. I try and update the blog daily. But its just so damn boringto me. And i've listed about 20% of what i have. Its all a process. It all sells. Theres more good than bad. Regardless, i wouldnt have it any other way. Idid it my way on my own terms. I bought what i liked. Sold em when i wanted and how i wanted to. I didnt get pimped by eGay, or some consignment site whereprices are insane. I didnt have to do a skillion posts to list a shoe on a message board when half the people selling/ buying are trying to rip each other off.Bottom line is i dont see many doing what im doing or outright saying what im saying. Being outspoken has hurt me in many ways. The shoe companies stop sendingfree product..but they always start it up again. And i was never "in" with the magazines/blogs/shoe stroker sites so it doesnt matter. They all havean agenda. What i say hurts their agenda even if between you and I many agree with some if not most of what i say. Its just nice to see the emails coming in.The visist to the blog going up each day from all over the world. Almost unreal how many people know about me or my blog considering i have always been such anunknown. Thanks again to all yous on NT for your support or hate. Its all valued the same. I hope some of you share your thoughts in this thread instead ofjust letting me ramble on. You can completely disagree or agree,. Just speak your mind. This thread can be an opportunity for people to actually speak thetruth whether ist in accordance with the blah i spew or in contrast. Its refreshing to hear a variety of opinions/thoughts. And i dont see that in otherthreads. So feel free to say what you all wanna say.

Originally Posted by jcmojica24

Just copped the Raptor 7's and RED/BLACK Patent Leather 1's from my man Corgi!! big ups to you man yall check out this mans site hes the real deal

apologies again sir. They will be there tomorrow uinstead of today. Enjoy. Thanks

Corgi... I've lost touch brother...

What been going on?

I did notice you are slowing down on posting the shoes up... Takin' a breather???

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

What been going on?

I did notice you are slowing down on posting the shoes up... Takin' a breather???

jake , hope all is well.
same ol same ol here.
I lost my camera cord to upload pics. Not like its unique or thati dont have 3 more within a 20 feet radius but it gives me an excuse not to update as often.Plus im bored with it as i've said many many times. Plus it all sells. Whether i update or not i sell shoes daily.
Im still waiting for one of these sneaker royalty types whose sole day to day consists of promoting the love of sneaker culture to stop offering me pennies onthe dollar for teh shoes or try to pick through it shoe by shoe for their own 1000% mark up reslling interests...all in the name of sneaker culture!
Get me a volume buyer. I got 75-80% leftstill. Then i can go away.

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

What been going on?

jake , hope all is well.
same ol same ol here.
I lost my camera cord to upload pics. Not like its unique or thati dont have 3 more within a 20 feet radius but it gives me an excuse not to update as often.Plus im bored with it as i've said many many times. Plus it all sells. Whether i update or not i sell shoes daily.
Im still waiting for one of these sneaker royalty types whose sole day to day consists of promoting the love of sneaker culture to stop offering me pennies onthe dollar for teh shoes or try to pick through it shoe by shoe for their own 1000% mark up reslling interests...all in the name of sneaker culture!
Get me a volume buyer. I got 75-80% leftstill. Then i can go away.

Thanks once more for the shoes Corgi, wore them out again today...here's a picture of 'em and two of my buddies...I'll have to send you more to putup onto the blog

Originally Posted by itsmedallas

Corgi- thanks for preaching to us bro. In a sense and in one word to wrap it up we are all hypebeasts LOL. I can't wait to get back home man, I'm going to buy another dog to take with me to my duty station
Preach..no sir. That would mean (1) people listen, (2) i care if people listen (3) what i say matters (4) i expect anything to change (5) its that serious.
Indeed we all do chase hype and are "hypebeasts". The funny part is so many of you want to hold on so tightly to something that isnt there. Its just sneakers. Someone else has all the pairs you have. Its not that special. None of us are as original as we think, our taste and style isnt reinventing the wheel, and we just follow along with what we see. And better yet 99.9% of you will say im wrong.
Dogs>Shoes
Corgi,

We have exchanged a few emails and phone calls, I am still going to buy some of your stuff once I get my money right, this house thing is killing me, somany unexpected expenses. But I would like to say it again (this time for others to realize), looking at all the shoes you listed brought me way back to thedays before all this hoopla. I literally felt like I was 14 (it was 1994 when I was that age) again, and trying to cut lawns to get a pair of 7's thatwere on closeout at footlocker
laugh.gif
..... A simpler and may I say bettertime....A realization of why I originally fell in love with shoes, walking into the mall on a Wednesday to get the newest jordans
laugh.gif
, finding classics on the sale rack, and wondering how anyone could affordmultiple pairs of AM95's all the time......pulling the tab off the back of my 6's when I was putting them on in gym class....writing on the bottom ofmy sevens with pen.....blowing out my first pair of reebok pumps by pumping them up to much....going to canada to buy the euro exclusives.....

I sincerely thank you again, for allowing me to remember so vividly....

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by itsmedallas

Corgi- thanks for preaching to us bro. In a sense and in one word to wrap it up we are all hypebeasts LOL. I can't wait to get back home man, I'm going to buy another dog to take with me to my duty station
Preach..no sir. That would mean (1) people listen, (2) i care if people listen (3) what i say matters (4) i expect anything to change (5) its that serious.
Indeed we all do chase hype and are "hypebeasts". The funny part is so many of you want to hold on so tightly to something that isnt there. Its just sneakers. Someone else has all the pairs you have. Its not that special. None of us are as original as we think, our taste and style isnt reinventing the wheel, and we just follow along with what we see. And better yet 99.9% of you will say im wrong.
Dogs>Shoes
Corgi,

We have exchanged a few emails and phone calls, I am still going to buy some of your stuff once I get my money right, this house thing is killing me, so many unexpected expenses. But I would like to say it again (this time for others to realize), looking at all the shoes you listed brought me way back to the days before all this hoopla. I literally felt like I was 14 (it was 1994 when I was that age) again, and trying to cut lawns to get a pair of 7's that were on closeout at footlocker
laugh.gif
..... A simpler and may I say better time....A realization of why I originally fell in love with shoes, walking into the mall on a Wednesday to get the newest jordans
laugh.gif
, finding classics on the sale rack, and wondering how anyone could afford multiple pairs of AM95's all the time......pulling the tab off the back of my 6's when I was putting them on in gym class....writing on the bottom of my sevens with pen.....blowing out my first pair of reebok pumps by pumping them up to much....going to canada to buy the euro exclusives.....

I sincerely thank you again, for allowing me to remember so vividly....
hope all is well sir. Shoes should never take money away from family, bills, responsibilities, or anything else that is actually relevant in life.Shoes are a hobby or something of interest. its never that serious. Thats why i never got why people make it into a competition or a public display of"look at my feet". It should be a personal thing serving your own interest first and foremost not to get approval or recognition from others.Unfortunately it is what it is. I get what you are saying. I think something that hits home the most fo rme is when people actually just say the site briongsthem memories. They may not wanna buy the shoe or really even like it but they remember the shoe and it takes them back. Thats what has always made shoesspecial to me. But its also why i can sell them all and it not be a big deal. I got the memories forever.
I truthfully dont need more than that.

a shoe mag from the filipines asked me to do an interview. Me being the corgi "buy my shoes" blog pimp that i am, i did it. Dont think they used it.MODS hopefully its not too much. If it is please delete/edit it or contact me and i will do so for you. Thanks

Your gigantic collection must have taken a chunk of your time, how many years did it take you to amass such monster of a pile? Was ithard keeping them in order and in good condition?

I been buying and storing shoes since the early 90s and stopped in 2004. I never really was concerned with having them in any orderbecause I never displayed them or showed them to anyone. Keeping them in good condition is luck of the draw. Sometimes they stay decent other times they turn.Shoes aren't made to be stored and saved over the years. The material quality isn't very conducive to keeping them DS.

Ever been victimized by the pulverizing deadstock midsole? Which models?

Anything from the early to mid 90s will crumble that has that cheap polyblend midsole. I put on a Flight 89 from 89 and it turned todust. It happens. Nothing you can do about it. But after that flight 89 I knew better than to try and wear em.

Why did you start this in the first place?

I started buying and collecting shoes because I love shoes. It started with the Converse Weapon program and my first real interest inNike came with the Revolution advertising campaign in 87 which used the beatles song "revolution". That's when the Air Revolution came out andits still one of my all time nike shoes to this day. You can youtube the commercial. That's where it really began.

How do you feel about the present sneaker scene?

The present sneaker scene can be described as exactly what you asked, "a scene". That's what its become. A show. Acontest. A joke. People buying solely based on how many were made, where its sold, how much they can resell them for, who on some lame #%!$%%# message boardsays they are cool. Youhave people posing with sneakers, making youtube videos, titling themselves some %*%#$@+# sneaker king label. Its all just too much.Bells and whistles for the sheep who are led by people pimping and pandering something that was once simple and pure. These people are a joke to me. I say allthese shoe geeks that meet at these #%!$%%# shoe shows should go butt #*+ naked to see who really has the biggest !#$*. Because these $##%$%%++*!@* think justbecause they have some "limited shoe" that they are the !#$* of the walk. I have no idea how it came to this but its just disgusting. Sneakercontests...get the !@%% out of here. Why is your limited edition laser, hyper, noahs arc print, hybrid pile of %@*+ better than a GR purchased at the mall?Because these #%!$%%# idiots who somehow have managed to suck enough *!*# to have a voice in the shoe world say so. And they say so because they just want tobe mentioned on a message board, or featured in some lame shoe stroke mag, or get a free show from the shoe company. There is nothing about the individual intodays "scene". No passion, no heart. Just consumerism through advertising and blind purchases. Sneaker geeks today just hear a shoe is limited andhas a nike logo on it and they'll sleep on the #%!$%%# street for it. Then they all get robbed because they are easy licks. Have you ever seen pics of asneaker line up? Its like taking candy from a baby who has no arms. These so called "sneaker aficionados" all dressed the same from head to toe. Allsupposed to be trend setters and individuals and every last one of them look like a cookie cutter of some homosexual shoe doll. No one wants to hear what I saybecause the truth cuts deep sometimes. People don't want to admit their dirty little secret. People say one thing but every purchase they make indicatesthe opposite. To each their own on what you buy but atleast be #%!$%%# honest about what you buy and why you buy it. Case in point. The Air Yeezy. That shoe isa #%!$%%# travesty. Its ugly as %@*+. The shoe has nothing appealing about it except that its associated with everyones favorite fashion guide Kanye. And theadvertising and hype on it was a beautiful thing. People who spit on that shoe would be chasing it and lining up for it when it released. Sheep are very easyto herd. If that shoe came out at your local Ma and Pop shpot or at a mall store and had a price tag of $115 let alone $215 that %@*+ would be on the saleracks in 2 weeks. It's a perfect example of the sneaker scene. Total hype. Everyone buying and wanting just because its limited. But how limited is it?There was allegedly a few thousand made right? Why are there 10,000 #%!$%%# pairs on ebay and the message boards, and consignment sites? Nothing is limited.What truly becomes limited is the %@*+ no one wanted to begin with because they were too busy chasing hype and following trends. Then they want to settle downand be normal and stop buying the %*%#$@+# and they have to pay top dollar for a shoe that was clearanced out at a mall store for $19.99.

Heres something else about the sneaker "scene" that is %*%#$@+#. I have about 2000-3000 pairs. I never counted them orcared enough to organize them so I cant be sure. Yet, some people think I have more knowledge than someone else. Or they think im a better sneaker geek. I amno better than a guy with 1 pair. Collections are based on $$$. If you have $$$ you can have any collection you want. You wanna be the Jordan King? Spend your$$$. You wanna be the Air Force King? Spend your money. Simple as that. And whats sad is so many of these people with huge limited collections don't know%@*+ about shoes or the history or other brands beyond nike. Its all so empty and shallow. These "shoe gods" with their perfect limited collectionsmake me laugh. They are no better than you or I. They don't know more than you or I. Except for some reason they think they do. They want you to feel likethey do. Take away their money and they don't have %@*+ and don't know %@*+ and they would be irrelevant. Knowledge, passion, and heart have no price.No line-ups, no campouts, no ebay bids,...none of that %*%#$@+#. You have to appreciate things. Respect what things were, and realize the world of shoesdoesn't #%!$%%# revolve around you. You weren't the first and you're not the last. You like limited shoes and hype. We all do. I do, but I admitit. I also don't turn my nose up at general shoes. Its all the same to me. If you truly love shoes then you like it all. You can find some beauty in every#%!$%%# style out there. Even that pile of %@*+ Yeezy. I like the sole because its straight from the Air Flight 90. Its beautiful. That aspect isgreat.

How do you pick the one's to buy? Did you ever think of wearing all of them in rotation?

I bought what I liked. I liked a lot of shoes. My rule was I want it all. I wanted every Air Burst that came out. The Shady Burst isno better than the GR version that came out 4 years before. Actually the GR version is better because the shape and lines and colors pop better than the Shadyversion. But point is I would buy every color of the styles I liked. Now 98% of those colorways I would know I would never wear buy I respected the style somuch I wanted to buy it regardless.

Why did you buy models in different sizes? Did you ever plan on selling them in the future?

I bought different sizes because I got phenomenal prices on shoes. So why buy 1 in my size when I can by 3 or 4 for the price of 1.Plus I would hook up friends with my pricing because it would make me happy to be able to get my friends shoes at incredible prices. I never planned on sellingthe shoes. I just kept buying and buying with no intentions whatsoever. Maybe do some trades down the line.

When did you stop adding to you collection?

I stopped buying in early 2004. Things changed in my life. I haven't bought a shoe since.

Why? Was it because of the new trend of release? Tell us.

I don't really want to get into it but I will say I was in a place where I had no access to new releases, internet, and all the%*%#$@+# that surrounds shoes. So it was easy to get over it. I just keep my memories. That's good enough for me.

I don't even want to get started on the new trend of release. Or from what I recall the %@*+ that started around 2002-2003. Justsaturating the market with gimmicks and pre-packaged hype. So even if I still was buying shoes I would not be able to buy how I once did. Its impossible to getevery AM 95 release when there's 31 in a 30 day month. Used to be 4 a year in a good year. Times changed. The flood gates opened. The program was to retroeverything, then retro it again then retro it one more time. Stop all innovation and technology and creativity through design and just keep pumping out thesame %@*+.

What can you say about the continuous attack of the hybrids?

Hybrids are simply the bastardization of two classic shoes. They are poorly executed and nothing new. The sneakerpainters/customizers were doing that %@*+ years ago. It's a joke. Its just an excuse to make people believe they are getting something different and cool.Prepacked with bells and whistles. Today nothing is good enough. It cant just be a simple shoe in a simple color way. All these mother %%%%!%% say that'swhat they want but buy the opposite. !@%% them when they complain or try and state otherwise.

Anything else?

This interview is pretty long but I figure if I curse enough it wont ever get used plus im on a roll so I'll continue it. Its notlike I want to go and take pics for my stupid #%!$%%# blog or answer shoe emails.

What do you miss about old days?

I miss being excited for shoes. I miss being anonymous. I miss being able to buy shoes and just crack the box, get a wiff of that DS smell, and just look atthem for what they are. A simple shoe. That I could enjoy for my own reasons.

Do you still buy the new stuff? What brands are you into now? Why/why not?

I don't buy anything. Havent bought since 2004. Im into any brand that sends me free %@*+. All the brands have lost integrity through productionand general direction. But the consumer dictates the direction of the companies. So don't blame the brands when you have a consumer base purchasing solelybased on hype and limited #s and product placement through select cookie cutter boutiques.

Are you still looking for your holy grail or you've already got them? What is it?

My holy grail is the Air Python. Its ugly as %@*+. I would never wear it but I remember walking into footlocker in maybe 87 or 88 and seeing that ugly%@!$%**%%+*$ on the wall and just being in love with it. Never found one in my size or any size that was in good condition.

Do the sales of your collection meet with your expectation?

What will happen to those kicks that will not be sold?

The sales have far exceeded my expectations. The site traffic continues to go up. Its all word of mouth.

Everything will sell. It just matters at what price.

Can you give a message/advise to the newest wave of sneaker heads in the Philippines?

I want to thank each and everyone of you for having a passion for sneakers. Just be honest with yourself. If you want to only buy shoes based on hype thenbuy them and enjoy them. I have no problem with what people buy but more so when they pretend what their intentions are. Buy what you like. Every shoe you buyis "heat". Remember that! Dont let some stupid %@!$%**%%+*$ tell you otherwise. A collection of 1 holds just as much heat as a collection of 1million. Why? Because you bought it. With your own best thinking and personal preferences.

Why the name corgishoe?

I love corgis. They are whats important to me. Back when the internet shoe stuff was happeing everyone needed a name. Usually people try and be akiller or something crazy. On a side note I wish they mandated that all the people on message boards could not participate unless they profiled a genuine fullbody photo of themselves just so everyone could see what a #%!$%%# nerd they really are. But back to the question. SO everyone has a stupid #%!$%%# name. Ilike corgis. I like shoes. So me being the genius I am came up with corgishoe!

So you love dogs... will you be doing anything in relation with dogs anytime soon?

I wish I could just have my own dog rescue. Be away from it all except for dogs. People and shoes I can do without. Dogs, not so much

vegertaray123, i think people just assume i still actively follow and buy shoes. I surely dont buy. For a bunch of reasons. Mainly because i cant buy like ionce did so its never the same to me. Plus the brands make it real easy to just pay no mind to it all. In fact , since i been doing the blog in Nov its themost i paid any mind to shoes since 2003. So interviewer dude assumed like many that i still buy and so forth. The only stuff i get is sent to me. Simple asthat. I have a backstock of NBs to wear, some adidas top tens, sambas, and shelltoes, a few random nikes, and to be honest i will kick around in the shoes iget from working at the hundreds.
Hows it going for you sir? Any new NB pick ups. I been running in some 1220s for a minute now and they last like nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom