CORGI SHOE's stash (world's largest private collection) for sale piece by piece

I was never really big on Dunks in general...I had a few pairs of SB's (Always ended up selling or trading them)...Anyway I would say that the solidcolorways of the CO.JP models were always super fresh though...Just enough to get your attention and hold it...Unlike some of their recent colorways which grabyour attention then throw up in your face with their hyper green / neon blue / fresh pink color blocking...

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Anyone can have shoes. But not everyone with shoes handles themselves like a man with class and dignity and humility.

amen. i remember pm'ing him with some stupid crap back in 05 and he was very tolerant, patient and thoughtful with his replies. super cool dude. i try to do the same nowadays when i reply to others who pm me asking for advice or information.
in my opinion, and its strictly mine and shouldnt hurt your feelings, but the majority if not a very large majority of "sneakerheads"are pompus jerkoffs who would never walk into a snaeaker store unless it was back to school shopping with their mom and still be in pillow looking skate shoesfrom Pac Sun except......shoes have become greater than what they are. A trend, a fad, something of staus. For some reason if you have a certain shoe on yourfeet then you are deemed a certain type of person. I wear the shoes i get from working at the hundreds, a pair of new balances in the banner of my blog, andwhatever free shoes i am blessed by with the shoe companies. But if i walked into a culture vulture sneaker boutique i would be ignored and shined. Go figure.Its not a contest. Its about what you like. Buy what you like. If you like the most limited and hyped shoes because they look good then buy them. If you themost limited and hyped shoes because that is simply what they are then admit it. I remember buying all those 1/250 Dunk (sold at UNDFTD), Air Force (sold atNORT), and Cortez (sold at some UK spot) and i bought them strictly because they were limited. They are ugly. I would never wear them. But i admit it. And alsoat the time i was buying every air force and dunk that was being released so whether it was a GR or some laser crap i bought it.

Originally Posted by vegetaray123

I was never really big on Dunks in general...I had a few pairs of SB's (Always ended up selling or trading them)...Anyway I would say that the solid colorways of the CO.JP models were always super fresh though...Just enough to get your attention and hold it...Unlike some of their recent colorways which grab your attention then throw up in your face with their hyper green / neon blue / fresh pink color blocking...
i always and will always loved dunks. Liked the feel and fit on my foot. Air forces i liked but didnt wear because they just didnt have a greatfeel to me. But i certainly appreciated their relevance and being an absolute international staple of shoes. The COJP program is what brought back the dunkprogram in the US. Both were generally failures until people finally caught on years later. Maybe retro kid or some sneaker god said something nice about adunk and people drank the "shoe of the moment Kool Aid". Or if its possible someone actually liked a shoe for what it is and bought it because theyliked it. What a novelty!. I am sure a lot of you think i am attacking you or coming off as very negative. To this day i love sneakers and wish more people hadthat passion heart and sole to prolong the sneaker industry and this little novelty thing we share. It would force the shoe companies to reset themselves andactually produce quality product, focus on innovation, and moving forward instead of back.

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

jumpmankb---i remeber just hearing about nike japan popping craze colorways in the dunk when the states were hi and dry on them. It was insane. And to this day i still cant understand why anyone who likes dunks, sbs, etc isnt totally consumed by the cojp dunks. That program really kick started what we see today. But seldom do people realize that. They just see a simple dunk in simple colorways. But for those years those colorways were absurd and out of the realm of normalcy. Totally pushed the boundaries. To this day my favorite dunk of all time is the navy white pro b low with the stuffed tongue from 2001. I must still have about 20 pairs all purchased for $9.99 and then 50% off on employee appreciation day when locker used to run it twice a year and not every 2 weeks.
Aww man don't get me started on white/navy dunks and white/navy shoes in general actually. I first got into shoes when I was in 5th grade and my best friend would always wear his white/white af1 mids and his white/yellow swoosh af1 mids to school. I started to notice them and thought they were nice but KNEW I had to get a sick pair of kicks when he busted out the white af1 mids with the denim swoosh and navy sole one day (I'm sure you remember those, such a dope shoe). I didn't want to straight up copy him so I went to footlocker and fell in love with the white/navy/metallic retro jordan 1's. After those got beat I was still hooked on white/navy shoes and picked up a pair of the white/navy dunk low pro b's (not the ones you're referring to, but the all white leather ones with the navy sole). I beat those to death and then skated them. When they were completely unwearable I couldn't see myself wearing any other shoe so I bought them again
laugh.gif
. They are long gone now but I miss them.

My next obsession was the white/orange dunk high LE Syracuse. My father went to Syracuse (and I do too now) and we would frequently go to basketball/football games. I remember at a basketball game I spotted a program vendor walking around wearing these with some busted jeans and an eagles McNabb jersey (
laugh.gif
). The dunks were being choked by the laces and looked like they'd been through hell but they looked so damn good. The vendor looked like a bum off the street but I just loved how he rocked the dunks. I had to have them. I've had 3 pairs of those throughout the years and they are all gone now. After my junior year of highschool I lost interest in kicks and sold everything. At the time I had 2 DS pairs and one pair that was worn but still in great condition. Some of my friends would say they looked like clown shoes because they were so bright but I loved them. I'd love to get another pair of those DS size 9, even though I'd feel tacky wearing them around campus
laugh.gif

Now that I got back into shoes a little bit the first thing I did was look for a pair of good quality co.jp dunks. Found these on eBay and bought them right away. Gotta say these are my second favorite co.jp/LE after the cuse dunks. When I put these dunks on I just get nostalogic feeling. That slightly yellowed midsole and just knowing they are from 99 makes me feel good wearing them.
1002078v.jpg

I've been checking your blog even though I'm a size 9. I'm hoping some good co.jp's pop up eventually haha.
dunks are a staple to the nike program whether you like them or not. Whether you like Sbs and dont like dunks or vice versa or used to love bothbut now prefer vans and supra 18 buckle shoes. To each their own. Point being if you truly like shoes you certainly cannot deny the relevance of the dunk andthe various stages the nike dunk program has been through.
The Cuse dunks are epic. I would love to see andy rautins shooting threes in them this year. If flynn, devendorf, and that other dude wouldnt haveleft the cuseis a top 10 preseason team. With their cupcake preseason 15 out of 16 games at the carrier dome schedule each year im sure they will be in the top 25 in notime.
That was the point of the dunk. It was a college shoe. A grassroot effort by nike to further establish and specialize themselves in such an untapped andimpersonal college market.
I love dunks. I dont understand the direction they have went but still nonetheless the simple dunk is a pretty clean shoe with great relevance to what is goingon today.
Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Free bump for Corgi...How's it going compadre?

Little update on my NB's...I've recently started running in my 993's in preperation for a 5k that I have coming up on Nov 26 (My first legit racein well over 10 years)...Gotta say that when I initially decided to do a 5k this was not the pair that I was thinking of using but after I've put a fewmore miles on them I won't touch another pair until after the race is over...Very happy with these...After the race they can go to being my bum shoes (toreplace the 992's) while I start the search for a replacement runner to suppliment them in the rotation...Maybe 3 Stripes this time...

372358812.jpg

vegetaray123, bumps always appreciated.
How are the 992s and 993s compared to 990s and 991? i have never worn a 92 or 93. And have plenty of 990s and 991. I assume they are similar but maybe a betmore tech in some aspects. I been still running in my 1220s. I love that shoe. I remember i bought it as a "penny sku" at footlocker in 2002 orsomething like that. White with red and blue. Roll bar and ABSORB technology. Repelacements are tough to find once you are used to NBs. They just mold to yourfoot and last forever.

The 991's were just about perfect for me and I think a ton of people feel the same way...When the 992's came out at first I didn't like them atall, that's due to my love affair with the 991's of course...I ended up loosing the 991's in Florida when I wen't on Vacation and could notfind a replacement pair so I opted for the 992...Initially I didn't like them but over time I ended up liking them a whole lot more than the 991's...Iended up stocking up on a bunch of them when they wen't on sale after the 993's were announced...As far as the 993 is concerned I didn't reallystart wearing them to run in until last week and so far they are on par with the 992...

The only problems I had with the 992's were that they had the ABSORB SBS (Which was more of a gel type of substance) in the heel instead of the regularABSORB of the 991...For some reason after running for a bit in them they bottomed out and had no cushion at all...Made shin splints a problem for me butnothing serious...Most people whole fell in love with the 991 didn't like this model...Prob because it was such a great shoe...Of course after the992's were taken off and rested for a bit the ABSORB returned to it's cushiony goodness...This is why I basically used them to bum around in and everyonce in a while wear them to hit the gym for some lifting or something...Plus they ran wider than the 991 but not enough to require a different width...

Now for the 993 they have the ABSORB SBS but also added the new ABSORB DTS (Both types in the heel, and the SBS alone in the forefoot)...The DTS seems to bemore of a foam material unlike either the 991 or the 992...It's much more sturdy and has not broken down on me yet...The only problem was that they aresuper wide...I took a wide width in both the 991 and 992 but in the 993 I opted for the standard width...I tried my normal size on and my whole forefoot couldmove from side to side like I was playing piano or some #[email protected] uncomfy in that size...At any rate the standard width worked great and like I said abovethese are the only shoes I'm wearing right now for my training and to race in on November 26...Def going to be picking up a couple more pairs to stock...

The 991 was super heavy compared to the 992 and the 992 is super heavy compared to the 993...The 993 is the most ventilated shoe of the 3 pairs as well...theycut way back on the upper to cut the weight down on the 993's and it shows...

s you can tell I learned my lesson when I lost my 991's...When it comes to NB's it's better to be safe and have a few pairs on stock than to bestuck trying to track another pair down...Most of the time your not going to be able to find them if they've been axxed...Like you said tough to find...

i think the 991s are great but thats only comparison to the 990 and the 999 and even the 587 which is another fave of mine. One of these days i'll try on a992 and 93 or whatever they are up to at that point and see what the deal is. I do like the plain absorb. To be honest i wasnt up to speed on the absordsbs/dts but it sounds interesting to say the least. I think its crazy that this discussion is even happening on NT. Only in this thread. its like therank/renegade/off nikes nuts thread. I dont venture into the E widths in New balances. I dont have a wide foot so nikes do work for me but there is anoticebale difference between standard kine d width and new balance standard D width. I bet i could even wear a narrow B width in new balance comfortably. Forthat matter even an E width because new balances are always comfortable t me and built to last. Atleast new balance is pushing for innovation and movingforward which is not common in many other brands. Or it is but in a much lesser scope. I may have to make a desparate fan shoe geek email to a contact at newbalance and request a 993. Or just go through an old channel and get them on the cheap. Either way i may actaully purchase a shoe and get a 993. I knoweventually i'll find a 992 on some clearance table for $20 and buy it. Regardless of my stockpile of 990s and 991 and many other new balance models such asteh 587, 999, 2000, 1220, and 1500 i am always going to keep an eye out on a sale table for some new balance steal. Most importantly i thank you for yoru timeand responce and support in thsi crazy thread. Its unique to have a discussion like this with anyone let alone on NT. Seriously sir, i thank you for yourbreakdown for the 991 to 993 and honesty with it all. Like i always say its only shoes so why lie? Be honest with yourselfm, what you like, and why you like itand you wont loose your passion adn the sneaker industry will be much better off as will your tenure and overall longevity in this strange hobby of all ours.
thansk again to all you who email me , follow the blog, make insane offers, and good offers. Offers are subjective. remember that. How can i get mad if i amasking for what your best thinking says is a reasonable offer.
i twitter all new updates also on the blog. check the sig. And yes i am blatantly pimping my site along with having enjoyable shoe discussion. Wish more peoplewould contribute whether you agree or not with the stuff i say. Its all respected because its your own original thought (hopefully) and honest with integrity.Sneaker brands take note of that. Honesty, innovation, integrity, pushing things forward instead of back. And to the consumer. Only you can make it change. Isee a lot of people on here complain and read tons of emails but i look in other threads and all i see if pics of what you just bought....that you allegedlyvehemently oppose.

vegetaray/corgi - whats your guys' opinion on the nb zips and asics keyanos as far as a daily running shoe? I was using the airmax 360 II before and am nowusing the air max moto and found the moto 5's to have much better cushioning. thanks!

Corgi...Get a pair and I bet you love them...Give them a bit to break in and comform to your foot and it's a keeper...Really my favorite pair since the991's...Only thing is a couple of my buddies (who also loved the 991's) seem to think that the 993 is a cheaper version of that shoe where the 992 wasjust a botched upgraded version...I think they are equating the cut back NB did with the shoes uppers for being "cheaper" but in fact it seems theystuck a bunch more tech into the midsole and sole of the shoe and were still able to cut back on the total weight...To me quality wise they are doing just aswell as the 991's did, and I'm beating them daily for running and now lounging around in as well...I gotta agree with the fellas that it does seem likethe 993 is the true follow up to the 991 where the 992 was just a filler until they got their tech right for the 993, not cheaper by an stretch of theimagination...992 is kinda like the strange uncle to the 900 model family, the one that nobody talks too...If that makes any sense...992 is a great shoe tohang out in, and that's why I got a bunch of pairs when they went on sale, but I wouldn't put any type of decent run in them if that's what yourplanning...That's just me though...The 993 seems to be the replacement to the 991 that I've been looking for and that's why I'll stock up onthese as well...

nadesico86...As far as the Asics Keyano's go I made a post about them a couple pages back...Some people love Asics but they are just not made for myfeet...Not taking anything away from the shoe because it's def a quality runner but their just not for me...My advice would be to get into a running storeand have the people there size you for a pair of shoes before you make the jump to using them daily for running...Just to make sure they are what you should berunning in and wont damage your feet in the long run...Haven't run in the zips yet but I like a shoe that has a little bulk so they don't look rightfor me...Again taking nothing away from the shoe but it's just not for me so I can't really make a detailed opinion on them...Like I said though getinto a running store and get sized up there for a pair that they would suggest...

Originally Posted by nadesico86

vegetaray/corgi - whats your guys' opinion on the nb zips and asics keyanos as far as a daily running shoe? I was using the airmax 360 II before and am now using the air max moto and found the moto 5's to have much better cushioning. thanks!
i would recommend the nimbus or keyano. Staple asics shoes in their long and reputable running program. But to each their own. If nike works whyfix it. If you ever watch a marathon you will see most runners arent in nike.

^Thanks so much for the sc trainers a couple weeks back. I haven't worn them yet, but I can't wait to.
I'm gonna keep my eye on your 10.5's, and I'm sure we'll do business again.

Are you still buying shoes, or just wearing what is given to you? just curious.
Take Care

Buy this man's stuff, he has sneakers for days, If you owned it years ago and want another pair chances are you will find it. Good looking on thosehuaraches!

Originally Posted by c4

^Thanks so much for the sc trainers a couple weeks back. I haven't worn them yet, but I can't wait to.
I'm gonna keep my eye on your 10.5's, and I'm sure we'll do business again.

Are you still buying shoes, or just wearing what is given to you? just curious.
Take Care
no worries sir. Thanks for a seamless transaction. Im not here to mess around or b.s. people. Im a straight shooter. You get what you expect whenyou expect it. I dont play games. Those will be great to wear man. Definitely get looks from people who are not just ball washing glossin the dark batteryoperated hyper limited but everyone has em shoes.
Plenty more to come.
i dont but shoes . Havent since 2004. But wheneevr i get a real low offer i ask the person to sell me 100 pairs at that price and i'll pay them cash attheir house.
But now i just wear whats free. I wear the hundreds shoes, and the brands that think im important enough to send me free monthly boxes.
Plus some old new balances that ive worn for 10 years,.
thansk again.
best
corgi

Originally Posted by 86KB8KOBE86

Buy this man's stuff, he has sneakers for days, If you owned it years ago and want another pair chances are you will find it. Good looking on those huaraches!
D, thanks for the plug. Best luck on the baseball totals. Lemme know what else you see. Also get at me about your sig. I gotta captian up for mygirl and maybe work something out for you on several different levels.
Them huaraches went out yesterday. Aint no one else gonna have em. Like i say the common that we all pass on become the uncommon. The ultra limited only 200pairs means 5000 heads gonna have em on their feet. You do the math, Dont fall into the numbers hype unless the shoe is numbered individually. All this"rumored to so and so pairs " is pulling the wool over all yous alls eyes. Dont be a sheep. D, this got nothing to do with you. Just piggybacking arant on a compliment to you sir.

vegeteray123....thanks again for the clutch explanation and the pics. You sir are in the know. Thats a powerful thing. Free thinkers are dangerous in the shoeindustry. Thats why all you see in these shoe stroke blogs and magazines are dudes who would blow the entire Nike Campus for a pair of some horrible flow shoe.Beggars cant be choosers but have some respect about how you go about it. I look at these blogs and sites and magas and see whos celebrated. See Who's a"shoe god" and it makes me ill. Its not what you have or what you know its who you are and who you blow. Chase hype and they hype you. Send steve anaked pick and you may get in sole collector. Its all such a joke to me. And it should be to atleast some of you. This rant has been approved by corgishoe!!!

Hooped in the ultraposites i bought from you yesterday. Man that shoe hurts so good. Like tanks for your feet. Big guy landed on my foot and i didn't evenfeel it. No one else at the court had even seen them before. Kids these days.

If anyone from NT is hesitant about buying from him DON'T WORRY. Easily one of the nicest and most professional sellers i've ever done business withand i am a buy/sell guide so i do business with hundreds of people every month. Great guy, great shoes, great prices.

vegeteray123....thanks again for the clutch explanation and the pics. You sir are in the know. Thats a powerful thing. Free thinkers are dangerous in the shoe industry. Thats why all you see in these shoe stroke blogs and magazines are dudes who would blow the entire Nike Campus for a pair of some horrible flow shoe. Beggars cant be choosers but have some respect about how you go about it. I look at these blogs and sites and magas and see whos celebrated. See Who's a "shoe god" and it makes me ill. Its not what you have or what you know its who you are and who you blow. Chase hype and they hype you. Send steve a naked pick and you may get in sole collector. Its all such a joke to me. And it should be to atleast some of you. This rant has been approved by corgishoe!!!

It's all good compadre...Just nice to have a convo about shoes in it's purist form...Just normal ol New Balance Running shoes that anybody can walkinto a sports store and pick a pair up with no problem...Really breaks things down in this passion of ours to it's most simplistic thought...Being able totalk about shoes because there is a desire there, free of hype, that really drives a persons intrest...Not how limited a model is or what celeb wore them tothe latest awards show or even what we are told we should be liking by a Corporate CEO or something...Just a plain jane shoe that has no funky designs or wasdesigned by a streetwear god or something...Just a shoe that has huge production numbers...A shoe that you and I both would wear into the ground and keep goingwithout a second thought because of it's comfort and stability...Great stuff I tell ya...Normally when I talk about shoes it's with runner's whocould care a less about who designed the shoe as long as it's going to last X amount of miles...I've purchased my fair share of shoes that could beconsidered "Hyped" but take a look at what's on my feet everyday and you will see that I can look a bit differently at shoes to get what I likeout of them...I have a closet full of shoes that never see the light of day, because I love sneakers...You would never know that by looking at me andthat's what gives this pass time of ours the possibility of being great...Moral of the story is buy what you like...If your into the hype machine then sobe it, you do you...But if your just buying what you think other people will like then stop and re-think what your doing...You don't have to fit a certainmold to be a shoe head people... I know there are other people out there who are thinking like Corgi and myself but just don't want to show it...Don'tbe afraid people let your inner sneaker geek show and rock what you wan't too...Not what your told too...

Corgi I can tell you really do love shoes despite the crap that's shoved down everybody's throats and that is a noble thing...Props for that...and youknow what they say "Great Minds Think Alike" or something like that...

Anyway...BUY THIS MANS SHOES!!! CHECK THE TWITTER OR BLOG OR WHATEVER!!! Guarantee you will find something that you like in your size...

Originally Posted by 86KB8KOBE86

Buy this man's stuff, he has sneakers for days, If you owned it years ago and want another pair chances are you will find it. Good looking on those huaraches!
D, thanks for the plug. Best luck on the baseball totals. Lemme know what else you see. Also get at me about your sig. I gotta captian up for my girl and maybe work something out for you on several different levels.
Them huaraches went out yesterday. Aint no one else gonna have em. Like i say the common that we all pass on become the uncommon. The ultra limited only 200 pairs means 5000 heads gonna have em on their feet. You do the math, Dont fall into the numbers hype unless the shoe is numbered individually. All this "rumored to so and so pairs " is pulling the wool over all yous alls eyes. Dont be a sheep. D, this got nothing to do with you. Just piggybacking a rant on a compliment to you sir.

Def man, you nailed it on the head. Buy what you personally like, not what is being hyped or the must have item of the season. Nikes are just my casualsneakers because despite their quality I feel for the most part they have some of the better designs. When it comes to running It's all new balances forme, however I do play basketball in the Jordan xiv (zoom air is so close to the ground and so comfy and light). I haven't like a jordan that has come outsince the xiv sans the xvi and xvii lows. I took a loss with lincecum and the giants today but I hit 2 4 team parlays yesterday each for over a thousand so Imup for the week which is all that matters. I will definitely hook you up with the sig, I won't even take a percent out you can get my discount (50%). Takecare, and oh yeah BUY THIS MANS STUFF!

Originally Posted by Manglor

Hooped in the ultraposites i bought from you yesterday. Man that shoe hurts so good. Like tanks for your feet. Big guy landed on my foot and i didn't even feel it. No one else at the court had even seen them before. Kids these days.

If anyone from NT is hesitant about buying from him DON'T WORRY. Easily one of the nicest and most professional sellers i've ever done business with and i am a buy/sell guide so i do business with hundreds of people every month. Great guy, great shoes, great prices.
nice to hear from you man. Those ultraposites are like tanks. People always are stroking foamposites but ulras in my opinion were the best positeshoe to come out for actual use. Better than foams or flightposites. Nike just kept evolving with that line. Then stopped.....or the consumer stopped wantinginnovation and technology advances and just wanted the AM 90 neons retro'd every 3 months or they will call the better busines bureau on nike.

Back
Top Bottom