Corinne Bailey Rae Is Back

Her second album, The Sea, comes out later this month. It's been a long time coming and I'm glad she's finally able to move on and make beautifulmusic again.
pimp.gif

I hate to feel like I gained something out of someone's loss, but I'm sure she's going to put out some wonderful music on this album with how muchshe probably has built inside her.

i still listen to her first album at least once a week.

cant wait for this one
pimp.gif

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=18024

This song was written in January 2008 after an argument with Jason, two months before he passed away, and is a testimony to the strength of her love for him.She explained to The Sun November 27, 2009: "Jason and I had a massive argument. It was a really hard time. I was so angry with him but this songcame to me. It's saying I don't want anyone else as I'm so into just one person - Jason - even after such a huge row. There's a line in therethat love is bigger than your pride and that's how I felt about him. No one was more right for me than him. No one.That song is saying that, even in thisdifficult place I'm in today, I would still do it all again. That's how I feel today. Even though he died so young, I still had the best person and wasso lucky to have found him."

That's pretty darn depressing/cool/depressing again

Been bumping this consistently since I saw it posted up on TSS a couple weeks ago. I'm curious to see what the album is going to sound like after allshe's been through, but if this track is any barometer then we should be in for a treat.

I'd Wife...
devil.gif

But anyway wow man I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT MAMA!

When did her debut album drop???????????

nerd.gif

Glad there are quite a few on here who appreciate her music. Her first album really made an impression on me and I can't wait to hear the second... shouldbe devastatingly beautiful stuff
frown.gif

I love love love love her! Can't wait!!!! Her music is so sultry smooth. Her song, "Til' it Happens to You" still haunts me
frown.gif

I'll buy it, don't feel right bootlegging her %%%*.

so lovely. i'd simp my life away.

- peace Gods and Goddesses.

i dont really buy cd's but for hers i'll make a exception

first cd was a classic. bought the live verison with dvd that was
pimp.gif

loved her ever since i saw her open for john legend 3 years ago, they did an awesome rendition of "where is the love?"

Originally Posted by ikari XD

I hate to feel like I gained something out of someone's loss, but I'm sure she's going to put out some wonderful music on this album with how much she probably has built inside her.
QFE.

Back
Top Bottom