Could This Happen To Shoe Stores That Sell Shoes Early??

we all know of spots that sell shoes early before their release date and sometime these places mark the prices up significantly while having the shoes on display.  ex swap meets, flea markets, mom and pop spots etc

i would never do it, but what would happen if someone were to go to a spot that was selling for example the pine foam pros early and took a picture of them on the display shelf and recorded themselves asking the employees how much they were and once the employees told them the marked up price they told the employees in the store, either sell them to me for retail or im calling nike right now and telling them your violating your contract with them by selling the shoes early and have pics and recording to prove it?

we all know of spots that sell shoes early before their release date and sometime these places mark the prices up significantly while having the shoes on display.  ex swap meets, flea markets, mom and pop spots etc

i would never do it, but what would happen if someone were to go to a spot that was selling for example the pine foam pros early and took a picture of them on the display shelf and recorded themselves asking the employees how much they were and once the employees told them the marked up price they told the employees in the store, either sell them to me for retail or im calling nike right now and telling them your violating your contract with them by selling the shoes early and have pics and recording to prove it?

nothing. nike doesnt care what they do with the shoes AFTER they buy them. is there language against it in the contracts? im sure there is. is nike REALLY gonna close off someone selling their shoes and paying good money to do so? i don't think so.

nothing. nike doesnt care what they do with the shoes AFTER they buy them. is there language against it in the contracts? im sure there is. is nike REALLY gonna close off someone selling their shoes and paying good money to do so? i don't think so.

Some mom and pop stores get some of those shoes early not
From Nike for example but from a wholesaler and jack up the prices, so Nike can't punish them. But if you really want to know, try it see what happens lol

Some mom and pop stores get some of those shoes early not
From Nike for example but from a wholesaler and jack up the prices, so Nike can't punish them. But if you really want to know, try it see what happens lol

Originally Posted by JuJu

nothing? sorry Nike would just stop selling them shoes. They are pretty strict on stores selling shoes early.

nothing? sorry Nike would just stop selling them shoes. They are pretty strict on stores selling shoes early.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i coulda swore footlocker stopped selling jordans for a brief period of time in either 02 or 03  because some stores were selling stuff before the actual release date.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i coulda swore footlocker stopped selling jordans for a brief period of time in either 02 or 03  because some stores were selling stuff before the actual release date.

First of all, Nike already has their money, so they don't care about some random mom &pop selling shoes for more than retail. Second, the S in MSRP stands for SUGGESTED, so technically a place can charge what they want. It's just really bad business practice to mark them up more though. if it's some super limited release then sure, but anything else is just dumb.

First of all, Nike already has their money, so they don't care about some random mom &pop selling shoes for more than retail. Second, the S in MSRP stands for SUGGESTED, so technically a place can charge what they want. It's just really bad business practice to mark them up more though. if it's some super limited release then sure, but anything else is just dumb.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

that's understood.  however what's stopping someone from threatining to call nike for them selling the shoes early with pics and proof that their selling the shoes early.  i know nike could care less about them marking up the price after the scheduled release date, but selling them before hand is a big deal to them from what i've noticed

that's understood.  however what's stopping someone from threatining to call nike for them selling the shoes early with pics and proof that their selling the shoes early.  i know nike could care less about them marking up the price after the scheduled release date, but selling them before hand is a big deal to them from what i've noticed

Cedric ist right. I forgot about that too. In 01 a chick sold me the blue XVIs 2 weeks early and called me a week later and said that I had to bring them back for one day because someone from corporate office was doing investigations. Apparently some stores took the L though.

Cedric ist right. I forgot about that too. In 01 a chick sold me the blue XVIs 2 weeks early and called me a week later and said that I had to bring them back for one day because someone from corporate office was doing investigations. Apparently some stores took the L though.

If you sell a shoe before release date and get found out you generally get the next release taken from you. Eg the next colour way in a foam or jordan.

If you sell a shoe before release date and get found out you generally get the next release taken from you. Eg the next colour way in a foam or jordan.

Originally Posted by PlatinumDNZ

that's true but more then that 
nike dont care what a store charges 
they only want the accounts to follow the release dates 

Originally Posted by PlatinumDNZ

that's true but more then that 
nike dont care what a store charges 
they only want the accounts to follow the release dates 

Pretty much why Foot Locker didn't sell release date jordans and air force ones for a very long time. Nike doesn't mess around with it's release date products

Pretty much why Foot Locker didn't sell release date jordans and air force ones for a very long time. Nike doesn't mess around with it's release date products

It's not the markup they care about.  It's the timing of the release.  If they allowed retail stores to sell them whenever they received them it would give an unfair advantage to those stores.  It's the same thing with Apple distributors.  Top tier companies tend to keep a pretty tight leash on their partners because it's in the company's best interest to keep the supply chain tight and build the hype to a single release date to maximize word of mouth advertising.

Back
Top Bottom