Creed (Film Series) | Creed III | 3/3/23

Movie was good. Today was my second time watching it. First time was at the nyc red carpet premiere last week. So of course today, I went to see it again if I felt any differently.

Yes, it's good. Very emotional.

6/8

I enjoyed the movie. It's not better than the first but still good.

Would have liked to see what Coogler could have done with this film.

Steven Caple Jr. did a pretty good job.

Anybody else notice that Cleveland teams (Browns and Cavs) were winning games in the ESPN ticker. :lol:

Caple Jr. is from Cleveland

Thought this was a solid sequel, not as good as the first but was anyone expecting that? I sure as hell was not. Love that they gave the Drago family some depth, and Tessa walking MBJ out to ring during the finale was big flames.

A very good sequel. Not as good as the first, but it's also a very different movie.
You didn't get a lot of the novelty or "fun stuff" from the 1st one... those scenes where you had Rocky truly teaching Adonis the things he didn't know, how to be a fighter, what it meant, etc. We didn't get that this go around, but instead we saw another side. This one explored that winning the title isn't necessarily the victory.

Rocky movies are inherently formulaic and that's okay. They took you deeper inside Adonis' struggles and motivations... even if they didn't always communicate that as clearly. I'd say that's where Coogler was missed a little bit. He has a sharper focus on the story and characters... it sometimes felt a little muddled but that's probably by design. It was a confusion and uncertainty for Adonis and Rocky as well, and it reflected that.

I liked the set-up of him winning the first by disqualification... and they did such a great job with the Drago storyline. That was well-written, directed, and acted. Viktor showed so much emotion and pushed forward the story with very little dialogue. I felt like they might have worked backwards with this one.. they realized that having Ivan throw in the towel to save his son would be the perfect ending, and it was. I didn't expect that to hit so hard.. nor did I expect Rocky meeting his grandson to be such an emotional scene. Rocky saying his goodbye to Adonis and letting him have his moment was also a great moment. I suspect it will be the final send-off and scene we have for Rocky. They framed the final scene so nicely with him looking at the ring. I don't think they want to have a Creed III where Rocky dies in it, it would dominate the story so much, although it would mimic Rocky III well with Mickey dying.

Either way... a very strong addition to the Creed series and a good movie on it's own, even if it doesn't match the first one.

I think this is Stallone's last film as Rocky, that shot of him sitting outside the ring and him reconciling with his son and playing with his grandson for the first time felt like a fitting conclusion to his arc.

Had a very good night with family & fieinds. We had 10 people going tonight for the 9:40pm show but met up at our house to grub on a crap load of good take out Chinese.

Movie was satisfactory. Had fun watching it tonight. Fight sequences were very good movie wise. People talk about dude playing baby Drago being swoll but MBJ got huge for this movie. Props to him.

I liked the guest appearances. When the first Creed was announced couple of years ago, I was worried they wouldn’t get the music right but of course Coogler came thru like a champ. I love the Creed score...

So bro that played Vik spoke on the shape he and mbj got into. Said they both felt they were in the best shape of their lives. He said he had to lose weight while mbj had to gave. Said in the end, he weighed about 225, and mbj got up to 190.

Saw last night and this movie was fire , just as good as the first imo only because I was getting the same thrills and had the same hypeness as watching the first one , I’ll give the first one the edge slightly ,but this sequel was reaal good and way better than expected , I’m fit for a third one

Last edited:
Saw it last night :smokin. I enjoyed it. Movie hit on all da emotions. One minute your laughing, da next your sad, then onions are being cut & your into da fights like you paid for a ppv on Saturday night.
Exactly how I was feeling in there

danger style danger style

I was watching some BTS stuff and I think Florian (Viktor's actor) explains it well -- I still think that Viktor is a way more compelling character:

He has to work 2 different jobs and still has to train all the time. The conditions he's living in with his father are not the best. He's fighting for a better life, but the things he really wants are values like family, love, loyalty, which he never felt because his mother isn't there anymore and his father has his own problems from the past. And his father's a tough guy, so he's not showing [Viktor] the love that he needs. He doesn't feel that he's really appreciated as a son. That's the biggest struggle inside of him.

Back
Top Bottom