Crime movies: Boston vs. New York vs. Los Angeles....let's keep it to the past 15-20 years...

Goodfellas, Bronx Tale, and Donnie Brasco put NY on top
But Boston has been on point recently with Boondock Saints, Departed, and a few others
LA has Boyz n the Hood and Menace 2 Society

Hong Kong > *

And The Boondock Saints is way overrated. Honestly, it's just a rip off of a Tarantino flick or was trying to be one.

Hong Kong > *

And The Boondock Saints is way overrated. Honestly, it's just a rip off of a Tarantino flick or was trying to be one.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Goodfellas>>> anything
this

easy second though
the-departed.jpg

THIS

King of New York for the NY list..thought about this earlier, couldnt remember the name

Ricochet is a solid gem for LA

One of my fav. Denzel joints

King of New York for the NY list..thought about this earlier, couldnt remember the name

Ricochet is a solid gem for LA

One of my fav. Denzel joints

goodfellas and departed up way up there for me.

town just came in the mail for netflix...will be watching that tonight

goodfellas and departed up way up there for me.

town just came in the mail for netflix...will be watching that tonight

--All are appreciated. Cant choose just one.
--There are some movies that arent that great in each one and each one has their classics.

--All are appreciated. Cant choose just one.
--There are some movies that arent that great in each one and each one has their classics.

LA:
backtop_setitoff.jpg

hd%20image%20american%20me.jpg

the-usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

SK3_L.jpg

I know it was filmed throughout LA, but can't recall if it's "set" in LA... haven't watched it in years...
sjff_01_img0413.jpg

LA:
backtop_setitoff.jpg

hd%20image%20american%20me.jpg

the-usual-suspects-line-up.jpg

SK3_L.jpg

I know it was filmed throughout LA, but can't recall if it's "set" in LA... haven't watched it in years...
sjff_01_img0413.jpg

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Hong Kong > *

I thought I was the only person that didn't like Boondock Saints on NT

Man I've been feeling the same way as well. When I was in film school, cats in my class would geek out over Boondock Saints when this type of discussion was brought up. I just never saw the hype to it.

And I wouldn't categorize Reservoir Dogs as crime film per say, since it dealt with the aftermath of a robbery and the coming together of the team. I don't know, that's just me tho.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Hong Kong > *

I thought I was the only person that didn't like Boondock Saints on NT

Man I've been feeling the same way as well. When I was in film school, cats in my class would geek out over Boondock Saints when this type of discussion was brought up. I just never saw the hype to it.

And I wouldn't categorize Reservoir Dogs as crime film per say, since it dealt with the aftermath of a robbery and the coming together of the team. I don't know, that's just me tho.

Back
Top Bottom