Derek Fisher
Jordan Farmar
Jason Kidd
Chris Duhon
Mo Williams
Rajon Rondo
Chauncey Billups
Tony Parker

doe she really have Tony Parker and Kirk hinrich in front of Harris. Very doubtful.

to be honest, its a popularity contest, and he's not popular..... He is playing very good though

I'm the first to chastize Devin for all the flopping, but he is definitely among the top defenders at his position. Even independent of his flopping, he isable to stay in front of his man, get through screens, and even pick up full court without getting blown by. I remember many a guard who he locked down, orrelatively speaking but a guy like Mike Redd he switched on in the 4th quarter and I forgot Redd was alive, did the same to Rip before. There was a stat,starting point guards and how much the opposing team's starting point guards average per game against, Devin was 3rd with 13.9ppg given. Rafer, Tinsley,and Parker rounded out the top 4. Granted, it's still somewhat an imperfect way to measure because you don't know if he's matched up everypossession with the same guy, how many points were scored directly on him, etc. but again the stat beared him out a good defender as well. His main liability,is his lack of size against any team with big guards.

Still, at best I would only give you
Rajon Rondo
Jason Kidd
and maybe a Kirk Hinrich, Delonte West, Chauncy Billups, and Tony Parker, but if you want to get even more technical you can talk about great team defensiveschemes and dominant defensive big men and how much impact that has on the defense.

Homie ain't on the ballet because it ain't a diving competition
smh.gif

at least you guys don't have to listen to Canadian press and announcers complain about Jose Calderon not being on the ballot...and how "the besttandem point guards in the nba"-Calderon and TJ Ford,don't get their respect.

I don't mind it too much. I like the kid, and I do think he's top tier PG-defender, but he'll get his eventually.

Just as long as Dirk starts and J-Ho is a reserve.
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I seriously think J-Ho will be a reserve though, maybe JET too?
nerd.gif
I find it funny howDampier and Stack are on the ballot though.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom