Curb Your Enthusiasm S10 - 'The Spite Store' 3/22

I sometimes feel maybe I've just outgrown Larry David. Ill need to rewatch earlier seasons and see if I find humor out of it again. Been watching old Seinfeld's for years though. So I don't think it's that. Current season feels Rusty and predictable.

I used to not be able to see some stuff from a mile away. But getting those pills halfway through and a mention of him falling asleep earlier, you knew what was coming. Most of this season is coming off as lazy. But again maybe I've watched too much or expected too much after 5 plus years. Anyone have any memorable episodes I can jump back to, to see if the sparks is still there.

Maybe im just salty Larry hasnt caught a win in awhile. The shucker was the initial person to stare down Larry. And now he's winning out with tickets, then money, and the chick? There was usually some revenge angle where Larry got a bit of revenge back at them (even the old lady. She won out too). And who cares if youre on stage and someone is sleeping. The crowd around sleeping Larry looked bored. They make it almost too much about Larry and its not coming off right imho. He's catching too many Ls. And everyone happened to be watching Judge Judy on that same day? Ugly callback. Almost too quickly. The Larry Charles episodes seemed more balanced this season.

Off to watch some older curb and try not to be annoyed

Last edited:
I will admit, I thought the Judge Judy scene was overkill. I did find the rest of the episode very funny tho.

I’m actually enjoyed the episode. :lol:

My mother feels the show just isn’t the same anymore.

Solid lunch scene. Some slight funny moments. Lin and a couple others taking center stage over Larry. I dont like it one bit. Now Lin's family is staying at Larry's place? When will Lin get kicked in the teeth?

Ron Swanson sighting though. That adds 3-4 pts. easily.

Musical crap does nothing for me though. Like the worst I have ever witnessed.

Season finale on right now. Fatwa taking center stage.

Falling asleep already
Yeah, I will admit the Fatwa play specifically being the center the finale revolves around is weak.

I enjoyed most of the actual Fatwa threat this season and Fatwa situations this season but I don't like plays and am just not feeling this.

Couldnt get behind those weirdo family members of Lins not accepting his "apology". Leon is always great.. FICA!

Larry with the deaf guy is great.. 3rd or fourth back track to "apology" in 30 minutes is overkill.

When will Larry win? Why is Lin and his family winning out? Who is that dude? Larry already has millions. Off these fools

I didn't think they'd actually get Murray Abraham when Miranda suggested him instead of Patankin :lol:

Solid scenes at the wedding but not overly laugh out loud funny. The busty translator was somewhat predictable but still got a laugh out of me. Glad to see Larry go toe to toe with Lin. Sad that Larry still looks like the bad guy. I still dont feel too vested in Sammi and her wedding though. And there wasn't a back track to see Lin's family getting kicked out of the house.. SUPPPER lazy

May be one of the worst finales in recent time. I'm gonna try and rewatch the series this month and see if its not just me growing old of this type of humor, or it really was a mediocre season overall

The season (series?) finale has some funny moments, but I felt it was weak. I also it was too heavy on Larry being an *******.

The busty sign language interpreter is an actual sign language interpreter in real life.

S5EFrP8.gif

I enjoyed the finale.

:lol: @

Larry having a stand-in for Sammy's wedding -
Swingers part at Larry's house, which he completely slept through -
The Fatwa being off, but Jeff's thought about someone being off the grid and still ready to clap Larry and it coming full circle -

Yeah that was trash right there.

I'm just gonna spam this thread with some classic moments right now so we can wipe away the memory of this season:

Great clips... CYE has always excelled at just this random scene humor. Throwing in subplots or "end game" plots isn't exactly new to the series, but it has definitely cheapened it.

Someone else mentioned it in an article I was reading. It's been 5 years since the prior season and the economy isn't exactly booming. Rich people problems were funny at one point in time. Even Modern Family is struggling on a review score sort of front. No one cares about the rich anymore. It gets annoying too quickly. We shall see if there is another season.

I was ready for this series to have been buried after even just 2 years away. I was happy where it was left off. I'm not sure this season did the purists any favors. Very meh in my eyes. Would I say no to a 10th season? NO. Even 50% larry is still funnier than most of whats out there. We can tend to be too critical though.

Great clips... CYE has always excelled at just this random scene humor. Throwing in subplots or "end game" plots isn't exactly new to the series, but it has definitely cheapened it.

Someone else mentioned it in an article I was reading. It's been 5 years since the prior season and the economy isn't exactly booming. Rich people problems were funny at one point in time. Even Modern Family is struggling on a review score sort of front. No one cares about the rich anymore. It gets annoying too quickly. We shall see if there is another season.

I was ready for this series to have been buried after even just 2 years away. I was happy where it was left off. I'm not sure this season did the purists any favors. Very meh in my eyes. Would I say no to a 10th season? NO. Even 50% larry is still funnier than most of whats out there. We can tend to be too critical though.

Ya don't say :lol: totally cool if you and others weren't exactly in love with this season. I don't think I'll say I loved it either, but I definitely laughed more than I didn't through each of the 10 episodes.

Was pleasing to see LD and the crew back. Would have liked even more Leon than we got TBH, and probably less Cheryl. But I guess she came with the Ted territory. No clue if we'll get another season. Totally up to Larry.

Back
Top Bottom