Curb Your Enthusiasm S10 - 'The Spite Store' 3/22

Thought the episode was kind of "meh," honestly. As someone else mentioned it definitely reminded me of the series finale of Seinfeld, which was kind of weak in my opinion. The episode had some laughs, but I feel like the whole fatwa storyline has been over the top from the get-go.

"Accidental Text on Purpose" is still far and away the best episode of the season.

Thought the episode was kind of "meh," honestly. As someone else mentioned it definitely reminded me of the series finale of Seinfeld, which was kind of weak in my opinion. The episode had some laughs, but I feel like the whole fatwa storyline has been over the top from the get-go.

"Accidental Text on Purpose" is still far and away the best episode of the season.

Pretty certain that was the whole point of the episode, to be a play on the series finale of Seinfeld :lol: .

Only two episodes left bruhs. Savor them.
giphy.gif

Only two episodes left bruhs. Savor them.
giphy.gif
Honestly? If the next 2 episodes are anything like how this season has been going, I think it's time for LD to hang it up.

And it pains me to say that considering Curb is my favorite show of all time by a pretty wide margin, but to act as if this season has been up to snuff would be lying to yourself.

Hold up, I don't take uber. Like rarely.

Drivers really be rating passengers? :lol: Cuz I'm seeing a similar running gag on another show

Honestly? If the next 2 episodes are anything like how this season has been going, I think it's time for LD to hang it up.

And it pains me to say that considering Curb is my favorite show of all time by a pretty wide margin, but to act as if this season has been up to snuff would be lying to yourself.

:lol: @ time for LD to hang it up, relax. This season wasn't even supposed to happen. There was a 6 year hiatus and that is definitely going to have an effect in terms of the rhythm he established. Nobody is claiming this season is one of his best, but it's still better than 99% of the crap we're subjected too. LD didn't need to make anything else after season 8, which is arguably the greatest season ever of a comedy show. This season is a bonus for those of us who are diehard fans. Now sit back, quit your whining and enjoy the last two episodes (possibly ever ) of this great show.

:lol: @ time for LD to hang it up, relax. This season wasn't even supposed to happen. There was a 6 year hiatus and that is definitely going to have an effect in terms of the rhythm he established. Nobody is claiming this season is one of his best, but it's still better than 99% of the crap we're subjected too. LD didn't need to make anything else after season 8, which is arguably the greatest season ever of a comedy show. This season is a bonus for those of us who are diehard fans. Now sit back, quit your whining and enjoy the last two episodes (possibly ever ) of this great show.
Hey aren't you the same dude that started calling people "turncoats" because they said they didn't like the new Bronson album?

When Seinfeld was going down the tubes they were smart enough to identify it and call it quits early. I'd hope LD would have the insight to do the same with Curb.

I stated a quick opinion about a TV show that caused you to get defensive. You sure I'm the one that needs to relax?

Curb is still my favorite TV show of all time, for emphasis.

Nobody was getting defensive, just simply told you to relax and quit your whining.
Doesn't make sense to me.

A select few think the show has fallen off. So there solution is for the show to end. No. You should just stop watching.

Last edited:
The durag is in the scarf and ascot family :rofl: Straight up gasping for air when Leon said that :lol:

ORGASMS GALORE! ORGASMS GALORE!! :lol:

The race to the office :lol: Susie cheating :lol:

Last night's episode was gold. Every time I see Cheryl on screen I cringe though. :lol: @ a sex non-disclosure contract.

I'm with Comparison Ford Comparison Ford . Super predictable.. Cringe worthy predictable to be honest. Maybe I've watched too much of or remember too much of the past episodes. I'm a huge fan as well, but this was just ehhh to me.

Only sole bright spot was Leon and Larry's interactions when they went to that ladies house.

I dont feel vested or care about the Fatwa angle at all. Someone mentioned Cheryl. Yeah, why is she around at all. No significance for many of these roles. Susan over acting again.

We got more leon in past seasons. I guess I wanted more of that. Or ONLY that

I was about ready to back off on my critiques, but wallyhopp wallyhopp has reinvigorated me.

Sunday's episode was below average at best, and the Judge Judy scene was honestly one of the worst moments of this season. I get that a big part of Curb is the callbacks, but 95% of the callbacks in that scene were way too recent to be funny. We heard those jokes 3-4 episodes ago. That's more of a re-hash than a callback at that point. Only funny reference was the "Long Ball Larry" one.

@Marc Anthony had stated that he would he would have to "reach pretty deep" in order to find differences between this season and past seasons, but I could think of at least 5 major differences off of the top of my head that differentiate this season from classic Curb.

Again, for emphasis, I absolutely love Curb Your Enthusiasm. Maybe too much, honestly. Larry David has set the bar so high in past seasons that it's almost impossible for expectations to meet reality. With each passing season there are less and less topics to touch upon and less ideas to work with. I brought up Seinfeld before not because it was a previous LD project, but moreso because it was a series that knew to stop digging when it went into a hole. I don't want to see Curb jump the shark more than it already has.

At this point I don't need new episodes. I continue to watch previous seasons as if they're still brand new. No need to splash paint on what's currently a masterpiece.

Back
Top Bottom