Curren$y- This aint no mixtape (he's actually putting out a album)? how? with who?

Originally Posted by D723

Wait so "Modern Day Hippie" isn't on here? Damn!!!
that was Wiz khalif (sp?) beat he was on.....funny thing is that i didnt know that when i first heard it and when i heard wiz song down the road iwas like damn curren$y murked this dudes beat

Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by JJ1223

nerd.gif

Come on yall im a poor college kid I dont even have $9

laugh.gif

2150467793_f4e1859f2c.jpg
20051017NFLIndianapolisColtsMarvinHarrison.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Found this off some website:
Curren$y Inks Deal with Amalgam Digital to Release Digital-Only Album "This Ain't No Mixtape" As a Prelude to His Forthcoming Album "GrandScheme of Things"

APRIL 21st 2009 - Curren$y signs on with digital retail store and independent record label, Amalgam Digital, to release his digital-only album "ThisAin't No Mixtape" on April 21st, 2009. The album will serve as a precursor to the album "Grand Scheme ofThings" which will be released digitally as well as physically later this year. "This Ain't No Mixtape" is producedexclusively by New Orleans production powerhouse Monsta Beatz. Guest features include UGK frontman Bun B, Young Chris, Mickey Factz, and Amanda Diva.

Curren$y's career began with a deal under Master P's No Limit Records label as a member of the 504 Boyz but the New Orleans-bred rapper is best knownfor his association with Lil Wayne & Young Money. However, as he stated on his MySpace blog, "I officially declare my independence on this 16th day ofDecember 2007...I AM NOT YOUNG MONEY," citing delay on his project as the source for his departure. Curren$y gained exposure with features on LilWayne's mixtapes as well as a feature on one of the lead singles off of Tha Carter II "Grown Man". His underground hit off of Dedication 2,"Where Da Cash At?" featuring Remy Ma and Lil Wayne, created a heavy buzz in the mixtape circuit. CurrenSy is also a co-owner of the indie label FlySociety with friend/celebrity skateboarder Terry Kennedy. More recently Curren$y graced the cover of the XXL's 2009 Top 10 Freshman issue along with AsherRoth, Wale, B.oB, Mickey Factz, Cory Gunz, Blu, Charles Hamilton, Ace Hood, and KiD CuDi.

New-media outfit Amalgam Digital is providing a platform for CurrenSy to distribute "This Ain't No Mixtape" in its digital retail store. AmalgamDigital, which boasts artists such as Joe Budden, Max B, and Saigon, recently made waves with the introduction of their User Generated Content module whichallows independent artists and labels to set up a vendor account directly with Amalgam Digital. In the traditional format artists would require an aggregatoror distribution outfit to deliver content to a digital store however, the new module empowers artists by allowing them to directly upload their music and videocontent into the Amalgam Digital store making it immediately available for purchase and give the artist the opportunity to monitor the real time salesreporting.

"This Ain't No Mixtape" will feature three additional bonus tracks when the digital only version of the album is purchased exclusively from theAmalgam Digital store @ www.AmalgamDigital.com on April 21st 2009
www.AmalgamDigital.com / http://www.thisaintnomixtape.com/

Press:
Tania Celestin
[email protected]

Originally Posted by HUYNHer

Found this off some website:
Curren$y Inks Deal with Amalgam Digital to Release Digital-Only Album "This Ain't No Mixtape" As a Prelude to His Forthcoming Album "Grand Scheme of Things"

APRIL 21st 2009 - Curren$y signs on with digital retail store and independent record label, Amalgam Digital, to release his digital-only album "This Ain't No Mixtape" on April 21st, 2009. The album will serve as a precursor to the album "Grand Scheme of Things" which will be released digitally as well as physically later this year.
6pbvv4.gif

Are any of the songs on the level of "Exception"? That is by far the dopest thing I've ever heard from him.

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Are any of the songs on the level of "Exception"? That is by far the dopest thing I've ever heard from him.
Where can I find this song?

-edit-

Do you mean the song "Your Direction" on Independence Day?

its got its high points and its low points

curren$y's sound is so laid back its just hard to get anything out of him sometimes

i heard a while back in a youtube vid spitta got so many tracks recorded with monsta beatz that theres going to be a part 2 to this aint no mixtape

so i have fast times at ridgemont fly, but what are some of his other mixtapes that are also considered his best?

ima give him a pass w/ this album (w/ the amalgen digital)....but his next album needs to be a physical album....because this amalgen isnt a real label and itson some borderline fugazi stuff

Back
Top Bottom