CUSTOM SILVER ANNIVERSARY 11's

Originally Posted by sthebest

I already had this idea and did it already

also did my Space Jams (mainly to me being irritated that they were DS and still yellowing)

also did my 00 Concords (I overdid it the first time I did it so I had to remove alot of the dye through bleaching. forgive the mesh being grey in color..I just got done washing the mesh when I took this pic)
Those Anniversaries are to clean. Nice job.

Originally Posted by sthebest

And I actually think that sea glow mixed with rit color remover might just remove yellowing on white patent leather (which would solve the age old dilemma of Columbias)

sorry i had to bring this thread up but,
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

have you tried this on the patent leather?

could this work on my cool greys? the patent leather turned a wee bit brown -yellow.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MajorSneakerHead41

man i have silver anns and i wana do that but i would mess up and there ds so i might hit you up and pay ya bro lol
trust me man i was in the same boat but it is not hard at all, just a tad tedius. if you do one pair every once in a while its sweet just dont get sloppy cuz you are tired of doing it or you might mess them up but even if you get blue on the midsole it wipes off easily( if you are using water and rit)

i've got DS silver anniversary xi's comin my way next week, and the first thing I'm doing is dying the soles thanks to all the great pics and tutorials here

Finally had time to do my neutral grey 95s this morning since sun was out and warm weather.

Used liquid version , was a lot less messy than powder

Did my 11s also but barely used blue rit because I wanted more of a clear ds look, looks more Ice blue in person than in the pic

Hey guys , i need your help!  I plan on doing this, but have a question.  Will this method work if the bottoms are already yellowed? 
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Or should i seaglow them first?

Please Help!

DAMN! Great work man! I may try this with a pair of Foamposites. I wonder if a gray dye would bring about more of smoked look? I'm thinking that would look sick on the Copper Foams and maybe the Oreo VIs. Mine are both pretty icy still, but for down the road it might be an option. Maybe I'll try something with one of my pairs of '02 Pearl Foam Pros or perhaps my XI P.E. lows.

nice jobs peeps....i might try it but it seems like a lot of time is required and a steady hand which is something i definitely do not have.

yo i just did my old %!# black v's from 05 06 or whatever and they came out pretty nice. i had to much dye in my mixture with seaglow and ima probably seaglow em tomorrow to try to make it look more natural, also seaglowed em a bunch of times before i applied the dye because they were pretty yellow. ill upload some pics tommorow.

make sure your applying the coats of dye evenly or youll have spots and when you wash em off and wipe it up good. i left the dye on the first time for like 10 mins did a small 2nd coat for bout 3-5 mins.

props to everyone who had input on this.

Awesome job on the soles...
I would dye my Jordan 11's with icy soles once they start yellowing as well...
My WipCaps fitteds off for you men...

So has anyone tried this yet on an already-yellowed pair of shoes? I bought the stuff to do this, but I don't want to try until I have an idea how well it will work. I bought blue dye for the blue ice look as well as black dye to try a smoke tint on a pair or two.

these are my 2 that i have done. very happy with both but doing this actually mad me REALLY like the anni's cuz the clear sole turning brown was not good at all and it didnt take long.
and these were done with water and rit, not sea glow.

Did you get those laces from fullylaced? I thought about getting a set of their 11 laces, but then realized it'd look weird in actual use. Nice job on getting the sole blue.

yeah i got a black pair, a blue and a red pair. wish i got more black ones since they only have red now and the jams were starting to yellow but this turned them around nicely.

Back
Top Bottom