cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

Looks awful
Only demin top I can wear, WITH sleeves
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by SolexSup

Seen a kid rocking it with no shirt underneath
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

t-hawk.jpg

dat t-hawk swag
laugh.gif

i guess im puttin my outta town NTers on da latest in NYC fashion...im sure da south and dem will be doin it by next year where ever it gets cold

Stop it. Dudes have been rocking these for at least two years now.

I think it's a cool piece to wear if it's more fitted. I guess the more hipster look cause the pics posted in here are
sick.gif

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by ccastro02

By the way this might seem like a lame question, but i don't think i've ever seen the term till this morning on this thread. What Does the "DMV" stand for? As expected a google search only brings up results in relationship to department of motor vehicles.

I think it means DC, Maryland, and Virginia
That stupid &@$ phrase. I wish people would stop saying that radio word. I hate it with a passion.
But I haven't seen any dudes LATELY wearing denim jackets. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

Originally Posted by ccastro02

By the way this might seem like a lame question, but i don't think i've ever seen the term till this morning on this thread. What Does the "DMV" stand for? As expected a google search only brings up results in relationship to department of motor vehicles.

I think it means DC, Maryland, and Virginia
That stupid &@$ phrase. I wish people would stop saying that radio word. I hate it with a passion.
But I haven't seen any dudes LATELY wearing denim jackets. 
laugh.gif
You won't see one unless Jamie Noble returns. .

LMAO at the other dude saying dudes in the DMV aren't getting money. You know most people in this area is employed by the government that runs your nation right? You know the richest counties ARE in the DMV right. Lets be honest, the average NY person is struggling, especially folks in the DA heights. Slow development is being made, but in terms of education level and income level, the heights is on south east DC level.

^Why do DC dudes hate the DMV thing? I always here DC dudes talkin about "DC is alone, %#*$ MD and VA". I know DC doesn't want to be associated with Montgomery County because "it's a bunch of rich white people that have never experienced struggle" but PG dudes are very similar to y'all. VA i can understand, it's just generally whack
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

^Why do DC dudes hate the DMV thing? I always here DC dudes talkin about "DC is alone, %#*$ MD and VA". I know DC doesn't want to be associated with Montgomery County because "it's a bunch of rich white people that have never experienced struggle" but PG dudes are very similar to y'all. VA i can understand, it's just generally whack
laugh.gif

The reason why I hate it has a few layers and it isn't even about DC is thug life and PG/VA isn't. Truth be told we are being pushed out of the city and in about 20 years DC won't be "DC" anymore.
1. DC/MD/VA are all different places. Maybe not to outsides but to people here they are.

2. Maryland isn't MARYLAND. Maryland only includes PG, Montgomery, and maybe Charles County and Howard County. There is so much more to the state of Maryland for the word Maryland to be in that phrase. Misleading.

3. Same with Virginia. It isn't meant to include ALL of Virginia either. Just a few counties.

4. DMW is the name of the place where you get your damn licences and where you take road tests. That is what I think of first.

laugh.gif
Nobody in the DMV hates the term DMV at all. Only people who hate it is Baltimore dudes cause we don't count them the majority of the time cause of how different they are. You don't know anything about what you speak. Got to be BORN AND BRED IN THE AREA to understand it. You just living here was just temporary. You don't speak for us.

DC, DMV is not a rapper term. Its used in all major publications, used commonly among all people who refers to this area. Same with the tri state thing.  When you say DMV, people know it refers to northern va, sourthern MD, and DC. Its not that serious.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by Regis

Originally Posted by Lubu1

The blogs dont speak for everybody in the nation. THE MAJORITY of the nation still dont rock foams. Its still MAJORITY A DMV THING with NY/NJ and now Philly following.

Thunda, it cost 25 dolalrs for a greyhound to NJ/NY Dudes willing to travel to get the shoe that hot in the urea
. You acting like money is a factor to them youngins. 

This line almost makes it seem like dudes is getting money in the DMV...but I dont think even you would claim something that foolish.
Cali is a worthy opponent for NY.

DMV though...

Spoiler [+]

So...why is it you think, people in DC and VA would be broke? Most of us are government officials...you really think the capital of the United States would be #poor?
48636619165495df66fc3f97f53ac8e680bb4fa0_r.gif

The audacity of you glittery belt, "sup my hat to big", "I'm from DA heights we get it how we live", TOM wearing, 1 bedroom studio sharing, self absorbed pricks. 
eyes.gif
 Win one little championship and think y'all run the world.

YES I'M MAD...i hate MOST New Yorkers
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
...not all though

NYC hood dudes rock Toms? that's news to me

laugh.gif
A NT fashion thread wouldn't be such unless the least fashionable NTer's had the most
to say.

laugh.gif
Nobody in the DMV hates the term DMV at all. Only people who hate it is Baltimore dudes cause we don't count them the majority of the time cause of how different they are. You don't know anything about what you speak. Got to be BORN AND BRED IN THE AREA to understand it. You just living here was just temporary. You don't speak for us.
9 years isn't enough guy? Went to high school out there, i'm speaking about what I heard first hand.

laugh.gif
9 years isn't enough guy? Went to high school out there, i'm speaking about what I heard first hand.
You still here?

There are plenty of people who hate the term DMV. I damn sure am not alone and I am not sure who you polled when it comes to that. I know PLENTY of folks that hate it.

See it everyday in Baltimore... for about 2 yrs now lol
EDIT: Just saw the DMV stuff, personally I feel like the only people that claim the 'DMV' (in MD anyway) are people stuck in the middle out in MoCo, HoCo, PG, Arundel, Meade, etc. I think its lame. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Looks awful
Only demin top I can wear, WITH sleeves
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Out of left field but that's the same wall I was thinking for that idea we were talking about through PMs
laugh.gif
now I gotta think of a new wall!...damb it.

Originally Posted by lexflex81

NYC been foamposite heavy though, especially uptown...those cut off jean jackets though is definitely foreign to da hiphop boros in NYC...we rock bubble vests and carharrt vest forever, but not jean jackets vest... 
ORLY? I thought those kind of jackets were a staple of the NY gangs of the 70's from the Bronx, Brooklyn etc...those are hiphop boros, right? 
savage-nomads-jacket-01.jpg

more pics:

http://www.itsdeadlicious...street-gangs-in-70s.html
hiphop...not no damn warrior-esque gangs that preceeded da hiphop era
laugh.gif

da "look" is old as hell, but its fairly new in rap circles..brand new if you ask me, as far as adoption levels...

good looks on that link though, like reading about grimey NY

Funny....Memphis was on foams before anyone. Fam takes care of his hood before they get shipped from tuggle rd.
Keep arguing about who was doin what when.

laugh.gif

DC, DMV is not a rapper term. Its used in all major publications, used commonly among all people who refers to this area. Same with the tri state thing.  When you say DMV, people know it refers to northern va, sourthern MD, and DC. Its not that serious.

You gotta be from Maryland.
laugh.gif
 DC do hate that term. Not because of the reason you said. Bammas was getting their cards pulled for saying "I'm from DC" and living in Landover...someone decided to group us all together. False. If you aren't from NE,SE,SW,NW don't CLAIM DC. 

NYC been foamposite heavy though, especially uptown...those cut off jean jackets though is definitely foreign to da hiphop boros in NYC...we rock bubble vests and carharrt vest forever, but not jean jackets vest... 
ORLY? I thought those kind of jackets were a staple of the NY gangs of the 70's from the Bronx, Brooklyn etc...those are hiphop boros, right? 

more pics:

laugh.gif

da "look" is old as hell, but its fairly new in rap circles..brand new if you ask me, as far as adoption levels...

People wore that style for years it's classic Americana.your really grasping for straws son.

laugh.gif
 Now i don't know about the DMV cuz I didn't live their my entire life. @##% outta here...

He's kinda right, but wrong too...PG is close but MD bammas try and fit in with the whole GoGo, accent, and attitude. A way to reference DC and those MD counties is like this: You see an Asian...you call him Chinese, yet he his Japanese...he is highly offended due to historical reason, stereotype, and offended by your ignorance. Anyone from DC doesn't have %@%@ in common with a Maryland bamma...they not from our "urea"
0fa26ea1fd93e61b3aef7bcb9b6a16f41b3fe1c2_r.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Mez 0ne wrote:
roll.gif
Out of left field but that's the same wall I was thinking for that idea we were talking about through PMs
laugh.gif
now I gotta think of a new wall!...damb it.
Haha, there were several to choose from too around the area, surprised they have not been touched yet after all these years.
I went out there for lunch and brought the cam in case.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

more pics:

laugh.gif

People wore that style for years it's classic Americana.your really grasping for straws son.
da urban scene wasn't doing this at all...and i fondly remember da late 80's- da whole 90's (unless u include da oversized karl kani joints tupac never took off) and da whole 2000's decade.

hmmm

thread started by Ninjahood

1. foamposite (dmv vs ny vs the world)

2. domnincans arent black

never fails
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom