cutt off jean jackets.....has this wave splashed over ya hoods yet?

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Why do people always try to site the earliest instance they can find in something like this.
Sure punk rockers, motorcycle gangs etc. have worn these vest for years, but we know what

ninjahood is referring to.  The current iteration of the trend among young people has taken off for a year and half 2yrs tops...

In that case Hip Hop copied these guys - 07/08
r_1227295585_image002.jpg

then - 09
kid-cudi-and-kanye1%5B3%5D.jpg

then- 11
98532_justin_bieber_jean_vest_grey_j_thumb.png

Originally Posted by quik1987

Why do people always try to site the earliest instance they can find in something like this.
Sure punk rockers, motorcycle gangs etc. have worn these vest for years, but we know what

ninjahood is referring to.  The current iteration of the trend among young people has taken off for a year and half 2yrs tops...

In that case Hip Hop copied these guys 

then

then
^Doesn't matter who or where it came from. What I'm saying is, yes, the style has been around
forever among different groups, and it has been rehashed in the last few years by young people. I don't know what you're attempting to
prove with the pics...

Just trying to show the current trend came from outside of hip hop and is neither exclusive to NY or DMV.

Foams =/= fashion
laugh.gif

Original argument was over which area was more ahead in fashion and then it veered to which area started wearing foams before the other.

Ninja you my guy, but NYC doesn't dictate fashion anymore and it hasn't for a while.

There definitely was a time when you guys did, and that can never be taken away.

Not sure about this wave but I have a jean jacket that's a good size and a half too big. What's the best way to shrink it?

laugh.gif
 Last time I wore something similar to this style was back '95  when i use to rock a Karl Kani jean vest with the gold metal plate logo 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

laugh.gif
 Last time I wore something similar to this style was back '95  when i use to rock a Karl Kani jean vest with the gold metal plate logo 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

^
laugh.gif
Couldn't tell me I wasn't the 5th member of Jodeci when I had one of them joints on 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

^
laugh.gif
Couldn't tell me I wasn't the 5th member of Jodeci when I had one of them joints on 
pimp.gif

83426201ee93d693327f0bce8a163246c4c7562a_r.gif

this....dancing shirtless and with a denim vest singing "Freak'n You into a brush...wait...that was yesterday.

ad116d1d9e6c3df7c1bb480fd3a9fb5751235f92_r.gif

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Originally Posted by you big dummy

90826m8rihannabgr03.jpg

kimkardashian1y.jpg

This will be the only time i prefer seeing a jean jacket, on a girl.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

In that case Hip Hop copied these guys 

then

then
^Doesn't matter who or where it came from. What I'm saying is, yes, the style has been around
forever among different groups, and it has been rehashed in the last few years by young people. I don't know what you're attempting to
prove with the pics...
thats wat im saying

Originally Posted by ksteezy

not a fan of the look on dudes....looks great on girls.

Looks stupid on either sex to me not a fan.
I mean if this ain't the breakfast club and your name ain't bender don't try it.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

NY been on foams since they released how were you guys on it before that??
laugh.gif

i thought we had settled this already gentlemen....lol

DC/MD/Northern VA is the Foam capital of the world.  Its not up for discussion.
because ya ran them to the ground....that doesnt mean ya started the trend or been on them before NY....like i said NY has been on foamposites since they released, THATS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.

yeah right. even Nike knoe dmv started it with foams.

Originally Posted by Lubu1

DC DUDES were the first to REP HARD FOR FOAMPOSITES. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. Go ask DJ Kool  about Foams. Ask Biz Markie, Ask Clue about when he came to DC and saw foam mania, ask any NY dude in Entertainment and they will explain how hard DMV REPS foams. We been loyal to the brand AND ERRR BODY KNOWS IT. Why you think Wale breaks out the new foamposites first? IT aint cause hes jsut a rapper, its cause he reps the DMV sneaker culture and once them foams break here, thats when NY dudes start craving them. This year Nike dropping Wale/DC based foamposites. Quote me on that Steezy.
yes yes yes yes!!!!!....if we are talking current day, ya got it, no arguing that...but my dude....im talking 1996-2000 when they were first dropped....i dont give a damb who was repping them, all i know is i grew up in NY and i know what was hot at least in my community and that was all those shoes you mentioned and i had zero influenced from the DMV....is not like we had the internet, instant access to videos, blogs, sneaker forums....etc....please dont claim DMV thought NY about foams, thats mindblowing.
laugh.gif
But we did Steezy.... DMV taught NY a lot about winter fashion too.  Web wasn't around heavy back then(NY dudes couldnt even afford computers) so when NY rappers stopped by to break records in the DMV, they'd see street dudes here and how we was rocking the foams, and when they'd go home to 1 of the broughs, they'd share with their friends how urban people in the DMV was doing it and it catches on from there. Thats how its always been .

Steezy I dont know why your even repping because you dress NOTHING like the typical NY dude. If anything, Ninja is the closest to what a NY dude dress like. I'm sure thugs in NY aint rocking skinny that month pants. No offesnes
sorry but growing up I hated ny fasion...Im not hating on ny..I'm from queens..But nyc fashion was terrible compared to dmv fashion.  When people think of shoes in ny we think of uptowns, air force one...
when people think of dmv  foamposite/nike boots.

truth.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

DC/MD/Northern VA is the Foam capital of the world.  Its not up for discussion.
because ya ran them to the ground....that doesnt mean ya started the trend or been on them before NY....like i said NY has been on foamposites since they released, THATS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION.
Your right, because EVERYBODY AND THEIR MADRE(YEAH I SAID MADRE) knows that Foams is DC country. The denim vest a slim jeans been around the DMV forever. Dipset dudes used to come to the DMV for fashion ALL the time. Where you think folks learned about Trus from? Man BACK IN DA DA DA day beating my feet, rocking slim jeans and foams and my dreads, boi DC is a beautiful place. NY dudes know whats up when they come to DC.

I remember stepping into the BBC store in NY and dudes was like, " You from DC right?" I was like yeah how you know? He was like dreads, slim jeans, and FOAMPOSITES.

NY know DC dudes.
STOP IT 5, wrong, white celebrities put trus on clown, slim/skinny jeans and denim vests have been  in LA before you crabs knew that denim was denim not "jean" 

Originally Posted by Kramer

If anything bikers and punk bands started this
thats been established.

its new for da rap world...

and foamposites been in NYC since their inception...ya DMV cats aint fooling anyone.

you gonna tell me Virginians were going ape over foamposites?
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom