D-9 movie another clover feild hype flick?

Looks interesting. I liked Cloverfield, but it was like 30 mins long. Hopefully this will be a "full" length film.

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i did some looking around and still no tie in to apartheid. i really doubt the writers of this movie were attempting to send subliminal messages about the inhuman practices of apartheid going on over in south africa. like i asked before, if you know something about the plot that i don't, please share.

but to assume your average NTer was taught about segregation and apartheid, over in africa while in history class, you are probably off. take it easy on us for not figuring this movie was to symbolize something that main stream media doesn't care much about to cover over here.

laugh.gif
this guy, how do you not see correlation.

Kix 4 Kix wins... look on IMDB...Apartheid is one of the plot key word tags in the movie
indifferent.gif
...clear as day
indifferent.gif
...So it definitely correlates
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Kix 4 Kix wins... look on IMDB...Apartheid is one of the plot key word tags in the movie
indifferent.gif
...clear as day
indifferent.gif
...So it definitely correlates
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
damn, y'all got me. i didn't see the IMDB site.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i did some looking around and still no tie in to apartheid. i really doubt the writers of this movie were attempting to send subliminal messages about the inhuman practices of apartheid going on over in south africa. like i asked before, if you know something about the plot that i don't, please share.

but to assume your average NTer was taught about segregation and apartheid, over in africa while in history class, you are probably off. take it easy on us for not figuring this movie was to symbolize something that main stream media doesn't care much about to cover over here.

laugh.gif
this guy, how do you not see correlation.
I'm saying. His response is so stupid, it HAS to be sarcasm. At least I'm praying it is.

^^^ouch. when alchemist spoke of apartheid in south africa, i see an official policy of blacks being segregated from whites. when i watch the trailers for thismovie, i see ET segregated from blacks and whites. if he was only making the point that segregation is wrong, then i agree 100%. i still don't understandapartheid in south africa to be the same thing this movie portrays ET will face.

yes, IMDB district 9 posted apartheid on it, but can we really compare the struggles of blacks living in south africa to those struggles that the ET strandedthere will face? if anything, this sounds like a slap in the face to the hardships being faced during apartheid amongst humans that's already going on, bycalling it apartheid and not just segregation.

my 2nd question was, does alchemist know if the plot of this story was to bring attention to the rest of the world about the real racial segregation going onthere? he never answered my question, instead i was stoned face.

maybe I am stupid, but with this movie, i only see a Sci-Fi film only made for entertainment, and not made to address a real world situation that's goingon in that land.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Racism towards Aliens
smh.gif
want to watch. Movies like this make me afraiod we will acutally do this if aleins come

Do you pay attention in history class? Do you know anything about segragation and the apartheid system in South Africa. Damm, You even said we might do this aliens when we already doing or did this to our own species.

"They seem like some nice Aliens in that trailer, a love story perhaps? "

love story? -_-

i wonder what the moral of this story will be.
-_- For not reading other people post.

He was obviously joking around, man...

Man this looks so interesting, I can't wait. Thanks for the short film by the way. And the Uncensored version of the trailer makes it look 100x moreinteresting.

looks interesting.

btw, cloverfield was the worst movie i ever seen in my life.
i think my eyes are still trying to go back to their normal working mode after watching that movie.

Yeah saw the trailer a while back it's definitely on my "must-see-lists".

As for subliminal messages, it may or may not have something to do with apartheid. I could see why people would suggest Apartheid though, considering theevents of the movie occur in and over South Africa.

If this movie is in fact communicating something, I think it's "discrimination", of which Apartheid is but a manifestation. I mean, it'sabout US vs. the "illegal ALIENS". With that said, I think this movie will address, in one way or another, any circumstance in which one groupdiscriminates against another...
wink.gif

"An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly find a kindred spirit in a government agent that is exposed to theirbiotechnology" the plot given from imdb...

while i find the trailer interesting and would enjoy a unique film..but i think overall ill still be disappointed when watching. I will always think...thesealiens have the technology to get here with Gigantic ships and who knows what kind of defensive power but allow us to capture them and subject them to humandiscrimination...Yeah right.... these fools would wipe us out before being put in the slums.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by daemacho

"An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly find a kindred spirit in a government agent that is exposed to their biotechnology" the plot given from imdb...

while i find the trailer interesting and would enjoy a unique film..but i think overall ill still be disappointed when watching. I will always think...these aliens have the technology to get here with Gigantic ships and who knows what kind of defensive power but allow us to capture them and subject them to human discrimination...Yeah right.... these fools would wipe us out before being put in the slums.
ohwell.gif
supposedly they crashed and just want to go home but the US is detaining them and the aliens don't wanna start nothing cause they just want toleave

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

looks interesting.

btw, cloverfield was the worst movie i ever seen in my life.
i think my eyes are still trying to go back to their normal working mode after watching that movie.

Back
Top Bottom