D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

I'm not saying that Adidas should never have a premium priced shoe, but you've got to gradually get to that point. Just like the $60,000 Hyundai Equus. It's probably up to par with an A8/7 series, but not many people are trying to drop that guap on a Hyundai. Gradually bring out quality products and release the big guns later down the line.

Eh there doing fine. This shoe is selling great. DRose "The Return" movement is huge right now and the shoes are selling greatly due to that imo

and what's this "nightmare before xmas" pair/cw people are talkin' about? any links to images?

If Adidas stays true as they have done with the sock color being identical to the shoe upper then I'd say the "Nightmare Before Christmas" will be purple with black and yellow accent/contrast colors. Also here are the "Fresh Prince" socks if they haven't been posted yet, they also had the red socks for the scarlet colorway...

Last edited:
I don't know if the 3.5's have been posted, but here they go...I love the added logo to the heel area and the overall look of the shoe.

nightwing2303 posted his performance review...and here's the link to his written review for those who prefer to read...
http://nightwing2303.com/adidas-rose-3-performance-review/
think i may need to pick up a pair now...
btw...did anyone pick up the electricity pair on eastbay/footlocker for $160 before they adjusted the price back up to the msrp $180?
and what's this "nightmare before xmas" pair/cw people are talkin' about? any links to images?
I copped the chicago fires before they made the correction on the price. Thanks to nightwing on his page(info), I got them for 160 on eastbay.

I'm not saying that Adidas should never have a premium priced shoe, but you've got to gradually get to that point. Just like the $60,000 Hyundai Equus. It's probably up to par with an A8/7 series, but not many people are trying to drop that guap on a Hyundai. Gradually bring out quality products and release the big guns later down the line.

But they did...

"The Crazy Light series went from $130 to $140." The natural move would be have the Rose 3 at $160.

Black/Red 3.5

They don't look all that bad. They looked terrible to me in those blurry sneak peek pics but the official pics make them look pretty good. My problem is WHY Adidas is showing them so damn quickly??? The 3.0 has been out 2 weeks and already pics of the 3.5??? SMH, the .5 is the PS/Elite version of the season's model right, why not wait until at least half way through the season before official pics. Damn! Adidas is trying to give the Rose line the premium feel Nike has given the Lebron line but the timing of things and certain colorways are making it feel like the great looking chick at the club thats desperate for attention and lacks class. Slow it down Adidas, tease a bit...

Last edited:
Good looking shoe, but they shouldn't be trying to steal the thunder from the 3.0 yet. They need to take some advice from Nike and build hype, couldn't agree more Peru.

3.5s are crazy but there is too much of the diamond pattern webbing imo. Just on the toe box would've suffice. Homes are my only target at this point.

Last edited:
This is not called the "south side"   its called the "Fresh Prince"  .... Nice kicks post "south side" and the ******g world believes it. 

if they are called fresh princes thats LAME. how many times did will wear adidas shoes on that show? once out of every 10 nike or jordans? or not at all?

that show is known for the nikes and jordans will wore.

just call them the south sides or some other **** and call it a day...

by the way im in the minority. that colorway is awesome

Last edited:
I don't know if the 3.5's have been posted, but here they go...I love the added logo to the heel area and the overall look of the shoe.

shoe looks like trash. reminds me of the first converse rodman

after seein' the "nightmare before xmas" socks peruwhite posted up there, i can't wait to see and most likely cop the shoe when it drops in that colorway...

thanks peruwhite! repped!

Thanks for the 3.5 pics. I'm not feeling them, but I said the same about the 3 pics until I saw them in person.

Regarding the D Rose socks in general, has anyone seen them in a size medium? All I see is size large everywhere.

after seein' the "nightmare before xmas" socks peruwhite posted up there, i can't wait to see and most likely cop the shoe when it drops in that colorway...
thanks peruwhite! repped!
Thanks for the 3.5 pics. I'm not feeling them, but I said the same about the 3 pics until I saw them in person.
Regarding the D Rose socks in general, has anyone seen them in a size medium? All I see is size large everywhere.

I too have only seen Large, no Medium or XL. I checked FTL, FTA, FNL, CHMPS, and their respective websites. Nothing but Large...

I am eager to see the Nightmare before Xmas colorway as well and what personal theme it holds for DRose. Wonder if they'll play the injury into this shoe. The progression of the Rose line is going to be a major story in the sneaker world especially now that Adidas has a shoe that is sooooo DOPE!

Just got my Chicago fires from Eastbay. I was able to pick them up at $160 before the price increase. The colorway is really nice in person.

I put them on side by side with a pair of Fly Wades 2 and was struck with the similarities - synthetic upper with similar hole patters, similar cut, similar cushioning feel, similar support and flexibility, and similar comfort. They do fit a tad different, have different traction patterns, and the Wades have a forefoot lateral outrigger while the Rose's don't. It just seems like these two are adidas' and JB's versions of the same shoe. Since I love the Wades, I'm really excited to get some serious run in the Rose 3.0s.

Just got my Chicago fires from Eastbay. I was able to pick them up at $160 before the price increase. The colorway is really nice in person.
I put them on side by side with a pair of Fly Wades 2 and was struck with the similarities - synthetic upper with similar hole patters, similar cut, similar cushioning feel, similar support and flexibility, and similar comfort. They do fit a tad different, have different traction patterns, and the Wades have a forefoot lateral outrigger while the Rose's don't. It just seems like these two are adidas' and JB's versions of the same shoe. Since I love the Wades, I'm really excited to get some serious run in the Rose 3.0s.

when you picked them up at that $160 price point were they restricted from coupons/discounts?

when you picked them up at that $160 price point were they restricted from coupons/discounts?

Yes, they were restricted from discounts. I did use a gift card that I got for Fathers Day for 20% off, so I got them $20 cheaper because of the pricing error and then another 20% off. Not a bad deal overall paying only $128 for the shoes instead of $180. These shoes should be priced around $130-140 instead of $160-180, so I think I paid fair value for them in the end.

.5 shoes rarely improve upon its predecessor. These are no exception.

I personally liked the 2.5 better than the 2.0 looks wise because I'm more of a mid/high top kinda guy. The 2.0 felt like a low top on me the way the ankle support was cut.

Yes, they were restricted from discounts. I did use a gift card that I got for Fathers Day for 20% off, so I got them $20 cheaper because of the pricing error and then another 20% off. Not a bad deal overall paying only $128 for the shoes instead of $180. These shoes should be priced around $130-140 instead of $160-180, so I think I paid fair value for them in the end.

I agree, expected these to be $140. The $160 kinda chilled my pockets a bit.

Back
Top Bottom