D Rose III *UPDATED* *NEW PICS*

Those are really growing on me but I have so many black or dark colored shoes already

Not sure. Could be an attempt to hype? Adidas store here told me limited to a few hundred pair when asked about the limited alt away release coming up (he thought we were confusing the alt away for the Fires). I've seen them sitting just as much as the GRs, but I'm also not sitting in a store all day.

Sitting in shops around here

Hay anyone balled in theres yet? 

I'm going to be real 100 with you guys here....And I'm going to be as objective as I possibly can.  I've worn Nike's 99% of the time, but felt like I'd give these a whirl given my utter respect for D-Rose as a player (Adidas marketing with the videos was genius too).  i bought the the Crazy light 2's upon release...played in them once and immediately returned them as they cut  my foot and put so much pressure of my foot, that I could barely walk.  Therefore you can understand my hesitation to try another Adidas product.  But I said, you know what, let me go for it anyway. 

So I lace the Roses on and start shooting around to warm up and it feels like the insole is sliding....I'm thinking to myself, maybe its because I usually wear two socks or maybe the insole wasn't locked in properly to begin with.  I take the insole out, readjust them, and I think I'm good.  Game starts and midway through (mind you I can tell the insole is sliding all over the place) I look down and the insoles are sticking out of the sides of my shoes....no lie.  The bottom of the insole is  sticking out laying on the inside of my ankle.  Stop the game and take the insoles out completely.  I'm like what in the world???

This has never ever happened in my YEARS of playing ball.  That being said I will NOT return these as I like the design of the shoe and am impressed with the lock down but I'm completely disappointed that this happened.  I'm going to buy some insoles from champs or footlocker I guess.  Anyone else have this happen??  Strangest thing to ever happen to me with a brand new pair of kicks.  This should never happen straight out the box.  I'm not going to sit here and say Adidas is trash or garbage etc. but I'm still kinda shocked like did this really happen?  I feel like Adidas is trying to make some noise in the basketball world, but this leaves a poor impression on me. 

JS"

I'm going to be real 100 with you guys here....And I'm going to be as objective as I possibly can.  I've worn Nike's 99% of the time, but felt like I'd give these a whirl given my utter respect for D-Rose as a player (Adidas marketing with the videos was genius too).  i bought the the Crazy light 2's upon release...played in them once and immediately returned them as they cut  my foot and put so much pressure of my foot, that I could barely walk.  Therefore you can understand my hesitation to try another Adidas product.  But I said, you know what, let me go for it anyway. 

So I lace the Roses on and start shooting around to warm up and it feels like the insole is sliding....I'm thinking to myself, maybe its because I usually wear two socks or maybe the insole wasn't locked in properly to begin with.  I take the insole out, readjust them, and I think I'm good.  Game starts and midway through (mind you I can tell the insole is sliding all over the place) I look down and the insoles are sticking out of the sides of my shoes....no lie.  The bottom of the insole is  sticking out laying on the inside of my ankle.  Stop the game and take the insoles out completely.  I'm like what in the world???

This has never ever happened in my YEARS of playing ball.  That being said I will NOT return these as I like the design of the shoe and am impressed with the lock down but I'm completely disappointed that this happened.  I'm going to buy some insoles from champs or footlocker I guess.  Anyone else have this happen??  Strangest thing to ever happen to me with a brand new pair of kicks.  This should never happen straight out the box.  I'm not going to sit here and say Adidas is trash or garbage etc. but I'm still kinda shocked like did this really happen?  I feel like Adidas is trying to make some noise in the basketball world, but this leaves a poor impression on me. 

JS"

Insole is a little loose, but its not the first time that's ever happened. You can glue it down or put in some aftermarket insole. So far, and I've only played maybe 5-6 hours in them, they are fantastic.

If i were you Id return them and get a new pair because you deserve one if the insole is slipping. If it happens twice, then that's definitely an issue.

JS"
Impressed with the lockdown but the insole is sliding? Seems like a contradiction. If the insole is sliding that much there is no way your foot was locked in. I have worn mine repeatedly since October 2 and have not had any issues at all (I may not cut as hard as you do though). It definitely could be a faulty pair or the sizing may need to go down .5. But really, if my insole was trying to escape? Looking like Alien busting out of the shoe? I would be wondering too.  

^ Maybe I shoulda said ankle lockdown or stability.  I thought that was implied in my statement.  All of my sneakers are the same size so I dont know if sizing down would make a difference.  Plus I dont want my toes jammed up.  I cut very hard and play very fast.  I've just never had this issue before. 

I played again in them tonight.  Wore two socks.  Left shoe was fine...no problems at all.  Right side, insole slid out again.  Makes no sense.  Im going to try and get a pair of aftermarket insoles....talk about disappointed.  I think Im about done with this brand which sucks because I like the sneaker.  My knee is hurting too.  Dont know if its related, so I wont blame Adidas at this time in efforts to be completely fair.

JS"

^ Maybe I shoulda said ankle lockdown or stability.  I thought that was implied in my statement.  All of my sneakers are the same size so I dont know if sizing down would make a difference.  Plus I dont want my toes jammed up.  I cut very hard and play very fast.  I've just never had this issue before. 

I played again in them tonight.  Wore two socks.  Left shoe was fine...no problems at all.  Right side, insole slid out again.  Makes no sense.  Im going to try and get a pair of aftermarket insoles....talk about disappointed.  I think Im about done with this brand which sucks because I like the sneaker.  My knee is hurting too.  Dont know if its related, so I wont blame Adidas at this time in efforts to be completely fair.

JS"

repped for your honesty and not bashing the shoe/company before all variables have been addressed :smokin..

January!! :D

If you guys are talking about D Rose's return to NBA game action, I hope not. Too much of his career still in front of him to rush him back that quick. Nothing earlier than March for me and even then I would still be worried.

If you guys are talking about D Rose's return to NBA game action, I hope not. Too much of his career still in front of him to rush him back that quick. Nothing earlier than March for me and even then I would still be worried.
Agreeeeeed. We honestly don't have much of a chance to make it to the finals, let alone a deep playoff run this year, what's the point??

I would love to see my boy out there at this very moment, but we just gots to be real fo a minute mane. Sit him all year.....

^^ yeah that's all understandable. January was just a projected debut month. I'm pretty sure the organization is still unsure on whether or not their gonna play him that soon. But it looks like DRose wants to be in right away. Let's just all hope for the best:D

Agreeeeeed. We honestly don't have much of a chance to make it to the finals, let alone a deep playoff run this year, what's the point??

I would love to see my boy out there at this very moment, but we just gots to be real fo a minute mane. Sit him all year.....

Eh, I'm sure he's being taken care of, and the Bulls WILL make a deep playoff/Finals run if he returns in March.

verysteri otypical.....thanks.  I try to be objective as I can, because thats the only fair/right thing to do.  I really want to try the aftermarket insoles and see if theres a difference and also see if theres any corelation to the soreness in my knee.  Hopefully I'll have an update next week. 

JS"

Does everyone's 3s have sort of a funky wet rag smell to it?

Also, size medium D Rose socks do exist! But not as easy to find as the size large.

finally checked em out in person. they look siiiick. still deciding between greys or aways...

Don't think anyone posted these Fresh Princes. Kinda interesting via kof

Last edited:
on my radar are 

-Chicago Fire

-Brenda

-Grey

-Alternates 

-Nightmare before christmas

if it wasnt for that 160/180 tagi wouldve copped at least two of my list

Back
Top Bottom