da latest you've held out on a popular trend/wave you finally accepted?

Ima do the opposite and mention trends I never hopped on

I remember Red Monkeys, LRG’s and True Religion was poppin when I was in high school. I thought them ****** was trash.

I’m close to getting some champion clothes. I still view it how it was I was growing up

I had hella leg and girbaud tees.

if the girbaud shirts weren’t a 2x I’d still rock them.

those crazy paint ones were hard. I had a bunch of them in all colors.

Tight clothes... I will never wear that tight ****. I'm not wearing baggy like it's the 2000's, but I'll never wear that tight legging style

da way i rationalized wearing slimmer clothes is by acclimating my wardrobe to late 80's sizing and its worked well for me.

that fitted NWA, public enemy, LL Cool J, Run Rmc, juice crew motif fits like a glove, pun intended.

I'm still holding out lol

I still rock with an iPod classic and "get" my music. I'm not paying no damn monthly nothing to stream music. They took down rapgodfathers though and it's been a struggle to get music now.

Tight clothes... I will never wear that tight ****. I'm not wearing baggy like it's the 2000's, but I'll never wear that tight legging style.
how long are ur shorts?
I’m close to getting some champion clothes. I still view it how it was I was growing up
all that branding they do on their clothes since the resurgence is tacky.

Japanese karaoke. Like in private rooms with your friends. **** is pretty fun.

which was? and what era growing up?
Besides the super hoods (I had a few) I still think of it as gym/casual clothes. Kinda crazy to me that some grey champion sweats with a cuffed bottom and running shoes is being fresh :lol: but I don’t mind it

like my co worker told me he went with his 12 year old son to get some new shoes. He chose champion ones over Nike, adidas, etc

Last edited:
Joining a gym. Just now doing it but mainly for my medical condition. Never thought I’d be in a giant room full of people working out, I preferred the open space of the local park.

Just bought a pair of shorts and a t. Cool break from Nike units and I still see it as I always did. I always rocked superhoodies before this new trend.

Besides the super hoods (I had a few) I still think of it as gym/casual clothes. Kinda crazy to me that some grey champion sweats with a cuffed bottom and running shoes is being fresh :lol: but I don’t mind it

it was always Fresh, i think what you're referring to is their ability to punch way above their weight...

Champion superhoods in da mid 2000's validated a higher price point for a brand that after they lost their NBA license, was in a precarious and potentially perilous footing in fashion..
im glad they're getting da props i advocated they should've gotten years ago outside NYC home turf.

all that branding they do on their clothes since the resurgence is tacky

i disagree, I think they realized their worth and had an epiphany of self-awareness in terms of where they stand the landscape of fashion and embraced their heritage fonts and sports licensing history...

basically i love their meta approach to their designs lately

Screenshot_20200301-230846.png

this design doesn't work without understanding Champion's ethos.

supreme collabs helped too.

to be honest I can’t think of ANY trends I’ve given into
i really don’t like anything lmao

if y’all saw me day to day, i dress like someone coming home from the gym lmfaoooo

Back
Top Bottom