da latest you've held out on a popular trend/wave you finally accepted?

When Cell Phones really started taking off in the early 2k's, I refused to get one. My thought process was, "why do I need another bill?" I eventually caved in around '02 and got the Nokia 3310.

I never owned sweatpants until I was like 22/23. Before then I wore a some of my brothers 2 times to high school and I was ashamed :blush: .. I just thought they were too casual/sloppy to wear out of the house. But cuffed bottoms/joggers changed that for me and now I wear them as much as I can :lol:

I didn’t have pork until my 20s and I just recently started eating mushrooms, sour cream, and avocados.. I just assumed I didn’t like them but I’ve been missing out mushrooms are 🔥

SnapBack. I used to be a huge fitted guy and live in NYC where the Yankee fitted is iconic. Stopped wearing hats for years then recently got into SnapBacks and now I prefer them over fitteds since New Era can't get their sizes accurate consistently

da way i rationalized wearing slimmer clothes is by acclimating my wardrobe to late 80's sizing and its worked well for me.

that fitted NWA, public enemy, LL Cool J, Run Rmc, juice crew motif fits like a glove, pun intended.

I can dig that and I remember you holding out on the tight clothes for a minute too.

I just can't do tight jeans though.

it was always Fresh, i think what you're referring to is their ability to punch way above their weight...

Champion superhoods in da mid 2000's validated a higher price point for a brand that after they lost their NBA license, was in a precarious and potentially perilous footing in fashion..
im glad they're getting da props i advocated they should've gotten years ago outside NYC home turf.

i disagree, I think they realized their worth and had an epiphany of self-awareness in terms of where they stand the landscape of fashion and embraced their heritage fonts and sports licensing history...

basically i love their meta approach to their designs lately

Screenshot_20200301-230846.png

this design doesn't work without understanding Champion's ethos.

supreme collabs helped too.
This picture just made me realize that I actually brought this same hoodie in yellow and idk what happened to it. And I'm not talking about this branding; I am referring to this:
1583122997489.png

This is tacky and juiceless.

it was always Fresh, i think what you're referring to is their ability to punch way above their weight...

Champion superhoods in da mid 2000's validated a higher price point for a brand that after they lost their NBA license, was in a precarious and potentially perilous footing in fashion..
im glad they're getting da props i advocated they should've gotten years ago outside NYC home turf.

i disagree, I think they realized their worth and had an epiphany of self-awareness in terms of where they stand the landscape of fashion and embraced their heritage fonts and sports licensing history...

basically i love their meta approach to their designs lately

Screenshot_20200301-230846.png

this design doesn't work without understanding Champion's ethos.

supreme collabs helped too.
Yea I’m from the east coast too (Boston) so it’s always had a certain level of “freshness” but idk, recently it’s gone off the charts. Im ready to hop on board tho I can’t lie

Reggaeton/latin rap. Just felt like straight biting black american/ jamaican culture ( which it did/does).

but have grown to accept its place and talent.

Reggaeton/latin rap. Just felt like straight biting black american/ jamaican culture ( which it did/does).

but have grown to accept its place and talent.

damn b, u missed out on ALOT of good parties during thay 1st hard wave of Tego, earlier Daddy Yankee, and Don Omar.

personally mine though ironically enough was Aventura/Romeo Santos...i had to respect that staying power..:lol:

I didn't drink until mid 20s and didn't smoke weed til 30. Love drinking, smoking is hit or miss for me.

I was forced out of sliding phones. I LOVED physical keyboards and thought I'd never switch.

Never got into tattoos. I kinda figured it would phase out.

I just recently started eating mushrooms... ...I just assumed I didn’t like them but I’ve been missing out mushrooms are 🔥
I still refuse to eat mushroom just for the simple fact that they are mushrooms, I have no idea what they taste like :lol:

I still refuse to eat mushroom just for the simple fact that they are mushrooms, I have no idea what they taste like :lol:
They don't taste bad but they don't exactly taste good. More of a complimentary flavor. The same way parmesan cheese enhances pizza. You wouldn't really think about how's it tastes alone.

Mushrooms are good.

it’s not like you gotta snack on some raw mushrooms. That’s gross... but they can set a lot of stuff off like ninja said. They are the meat of veggies.

jordans...

didnt really like him while i was growing up and didnt really want his shoes bc of his connection to the bulls (i grew up a warriors fan and we looked forward to who we were going to pick up in the lottery)

but it became alot easier buying retro jordans after the last 5 years of warriors basketball

Back
Top Bottom