Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

NEED HELP.....

I have 3 IPHONES!! (TWO) 3g and (ONE) 3gs...so I been with att for a while... Can I upgrade ALL THREE??? and how do upgrading works?? Do I just go into the ATT or APPLE store and take the old ones in, get 3 new ones for $299 each, and sign up for other 2years??

or do I get to keep the phones?? I never upgraded before...

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Storm2006 wrote:

This may be a dumb question but on the 24th will it only be available at The Apple Store itself or will select AT&T stores have units available as well? I haven't copped an iPhone on release date so I wasn't sure.
Both Apple and AT&T. I would suggest you pre-order and have it shipped. I don't know if they are guaranteeing street date delivery like they did with the 3GS but them long lines ain't worth it to me, I got a damn job.

I think if there is one thing that Apple learned, is to supply on release date. I remember the 3Gs line and it was long but I knew people that went in there at like 5pm after work and still got it no problem. Even my friend said one Apple store ran out of white ones at the time but had it restocked in days.

I think if any, no need to camp out or any of that business. I'll probably just go after work and even if they don't have it in stock, I can wait a week or two. Not like I am going to be iChating once I get it or anything that much different then what I have.
So you guys think it is going to be relatively to cop the new iphone?  Even with pre-ordering, the site won't crash with people trying to pre-order?  I am in dire need of a new phone b/c my 3g is all messed up and what not.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by Storm2006

This may be a dumb question but on the 24th will it only be available at The Apple Store itself or will select AT&T stores have units available as well? I haven't copped an iPhone on release date so I wasn't sure.
Both Apple and AT&T. I would suggest you pre-order and have it shipped. I don't know if they are guaranteeing street date delivery like they did with the 3GS but them long lines ain't worth it to me, I got a damn job.

I'm hoping they guarantee delivery for the street date so I can just order it and have it delievered to my job instead of having to deal with the crowd.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

• Same 3.5' screen when others are doing 3.7, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.3.
  • Same homescreen since 2007, it's showing it's varicose veins.
  • Facetime is WiFi only -_+
The only thing that looked interesting was the quality of 5MP camera and all the software integration into it, other than that, ill be sticking with my 2G iPhone and Evo 4G.

higher resolution on a smaller screen > large displays w/ low resolution
don't like the homescreen? hack it.

w/ at&t's new data plans, EFF video chat over 3g

but i guess to each his own. the 32gb will be MINE 
devil.gif

blah!
Yes, the pixel count has been upgraded, still would be nice if Apple would upgrade the screen size as well. I know you can Jailbreak, would be nice if Apple went outside the box... for once. WiFi only video chat is dumb, than again AT&T network isn't ready for the primetime yet. Word, to each there own my friend.

overgrown phones (HD2) look like squared-off frisbees.. waaaay to big. 
laugh.gif

face time wifi chat >> no video chat at all. 
ohwell.gif

i do however, agree with you on the outdated home screen.. they really need to implement Androids slide-down notifications x multiple home screens 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
over grown o_O?

my droid is as big as the Evo/HD2 height wise. Evo/HD2 is just slight wider than it also.

what makes the phone look huge is the massive screen size. it goes end to end, unlike the phones out there right now that have that black border around them.

also, i dont see why everybody dont just pre-order the phone. it's a lot simpler than having to hunt it down or camp out. might wait a day or 2 after RD (if that) but it's worth it than going through the hassle of looking for it

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

NEED HELP.....

I have 3 IPHONES!! (TWO) 3g and (ONE) 3gs...so I been with att for a while... Can I upgrade ALL THREE??? and how do upgrading works?? Do I just go into the ATT or APPLE store and take the old ones in, get 3 new ones for $299 each, and sign up for other 2years??

you got all 3 under the same number?

for you Niketalkers who are in New York it would be nice if you bought it from me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by icykicks79

correct me if im wrong but was the 3gs sold out the first day? I should know this so i could prepare.

no apple produces so many that there products never sell out somewere there are about 2 Million  iphones waiting to do Ipad numbers

fopr those of you who are eligible for upgrades in december 2010 unfortunately you cannot upgrade on launch date as your contract does not expire in 2010 but in 2011

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Pretty pissed, in the past apple has offered the discounted price to anyone who bought the previous gen within like a week of launch. I got a 3GS and cant upgrade til feb '11, what's good with that?

so you got it at launch and cant upgrade til '11? wouldnt that be EVERYONE that has a 3gs that cant upgrade??

Originally Posted by iceman3699

so can people who bought the 3gs on release date last year (w/ contract), upgrade to this??

yes i think so. Do you know when your contract ends?
call Att and they could tell you or dial *639#

Originally Posted by iceman3699

so can people who bought the 3gs on release date last year (w/ contract), upgrade to this??

yes i think so. Do you know when your contract ends?
call Att and they could tell you or dial *639#

Originally Posted by Late80s

for you Niketalkers who are in New York it would be nice if you bought it from me
smile.gif
lol i was gonna say the samething... i work in VA... arent u glad they changin the commission structure next month
pimp.gif

bjamez at&t is still updating upgrade availibilities are still being upgraded check tomorrow

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

NEED HELP.....

you got all 3 under the same number?
nawww... My girl got one...I HAD two...but then gave one to my mom....so three different numbers...

can I upgrade all three?? same day?? Can I call att and talk to somebody?? Im a business account too if that means anything....

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Pretty pissed, in the past apple has offered the discounted price to anyone who bought the previous gen within like a week of launch. I got a 3GS and cant upgrade til feb '11, what's good with that?

so you got it at launch and cant upgrade til '11? wouldnt that be EVERYONE that has a 3gs that cant upgrade??

depends on your rate plan... if u been on the unlimted voice plan for a yr...chances are you'll be eligible by this august  

fopr those of you who are eligible for upgrades in december 2010 unfortunately you cannot upgrade on launch date as your contract does not expire in 2010 but in 2011

You serious?
mad.gif

^^ YES new iphone, new data plans, new accessories. its gonna be a BEAUTIFUL SUMMER

you guys shouldnt be blaming at&t for not letting you get a subsidized price for the new iPhone, you signed a 2 year contract, its that simple

Looks like im getting a bold

Back
Top Bottom