Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

http://gizmodo.com/5549645/cut-my-sim-the-30-sim+to+microsim+to+sik-converter
340x_cutter.jpg
Sure, you could take the DIY route to turn your SIM card into a MicroSIM and vice versa or you could simply purchase Cut My SIM, a clever, glorified hole-punch.

Cut My SIM is available for preorder and supposedly is a mistake-proof way of chopping up your SIM card. As a bonus, the clean cut means that you can change your homemade MicroSIM right back into a regular SIM without taking a messy DIY route. [Cut My Sim]

Not sure what people are complaining about as if unlocked mobile phones have never had a high price. You guys may not agree with the price but Apple like other companies are out to make a profit. Just like Nike sells shoes that probably total $5 in materials and sell them for $150. You think they (Apple) are going to just give you this phone after all the R&D and testing to make it? Heres the HTC HD2 unlocked and sold by reputable vendors. This is just one example of many that you guys can search up on your own.
insjfs.jpg

saw a clip for videoconferencing and recording, editing in 720p
eek.gif

might have to upgrade

last question yall.....dial *639# and it saidi would be up for an early upgrade with the $18 fee...how much is the phone with the early upgrade. thanks

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20006997-266.html

Q: Let's say I already have an iPhone, but I still am on a contract for my previous iPhone. When am I able to upgrade to the iPhone 4 for the discounted price?
Siegel: iPhone customers eligible for an upgrade between now and the end of the year can get the discounted price on the device. We've accelerated upgrade eligibility for iPhone customers so they can experience the new device as soon as possible.

During the keynote Jobs said that if your contract ends any time during 2010, you can get a new iPhone 4 for the discounted price if you re-sign a new contract. Is this true?
Siegel: If you are an iPhone customer who is upgrade-eligible this year, you can get the best price. Eligibility may or may not coincide with the end of your contract. It depends on your individual situation.

How much will the 16GB and 32GB models of the new iPhone 4 cost without a subsidy and contract? Is that option available?
Siegel: Yes, the phones are available without a contract and without a subsidy. The 16GB iPhone will cost $599 and the 32GB iPhone is $699.

From AT&T spokesperson, looks like I will be eligible after all even if my upgrade date is Dec 2010.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

How much will the 16GB and 32GB models of the new iPhone 4 cost without a subsidy and contract? Is that option available?
Siegel: Yes, the phones are available without a contract and without a subsidy. The 16GB iPhone will cost $599 and the 32GB iPhone is $699.
i dont want to pay this much
frown.gif

its nothing new tho...pretty standard

frown.gif
There's got to be some way to get a discount on this
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

How much will the 16GB and 32GB models of the new iPhone 4 cost
without a subsidy and contract? Is that option available?

Siegel:
Yes, the phones are available without a contract and without a subsidy.
The 16GB iPhone will cost $599 and the 32GB iPhone is $699.
frown.gif
nerd.gif

yeah, sign a 2 year contract

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Siegel:
frown.gif
nerd.gif

.....I meant besides that. Don't they have like a government employee's discount or something?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Siegel:

frown.gif
nerd.gif

.....I meant besides that. Don't they have like a government employee's discount or something?

nope

apply for a job at apple, then get it for 25% off, or find someone you know that works at apple

Question: If i sign up for the Iphone 4 can i get the $15/200MB data or Im required to get the $25/2GB data??

THANKS!!!!

So when AT&T refers to "discounted price" does that mean the $200/$300 price or somethin between that and the $600/$700

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

links to answers on how the pre-ordering of it works?

do i need to call/contact ATT directly?

On June 15, Appl will have a special link on their website that will allow you to reserve the phone of your choice. You can go to the apple store that you placed the reservation at anytime during release day and pick up your phone. Once you're at the apple store, there will probably be a line of people with the same service. Once you reach an employee, they will handle setting up your account (or upgrade) and activate your phone. You take it home and sync it to your iTunes and you're ready to go

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

So when AT&T refers to "discounted price" does that mean the $200/$300 price or somethin between that and the $600/$700

Upgrade/discounted rate = $199/$299
partial upgrade= $399/$499
standard rate= $599/$699

Is ATT going to provide a new microSIM card? Or do we HAVE to cut it down ourselves? I would like to be able to switch to my Nokia if I wanted, but how can I do this with the microSIM? I want to be able to ship my iPhone to my house, but I don't trust myself to cut my own SIM card lol. Only thing I have seen about this topic is the post a couple pages back with that device that cuts it for you. But how do you convert it back to a regular SIM and is there a better way to do it? Because $30 is steep for something I am going to use one time.

Sorry for the paragraph of questions....

Back
Top Bottom