Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

^ do you even get 4g service out here in LA with the evo?
Nope, but the 3G is a beast, way better than my T-Mobile 3G service and on par with AT&T (my fiancee has AT&T).

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by jay kickz till i die

Was not as impressed
frown.gif

• Same 3.5' screen when others are doing 3.7, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.3.
  • Same homescreen since 2007, it's showing it's varicose veins.
  • Facetime is WiFi only -_+
The only thing that looked interesting was the quality of 5MP camera and all the software integration into it, other than that, ill be sticking with my 2G iPhone and Evo 4G.

higher resolution on a smaller screen > large displays w/ low resolution
don't like the homescreen? hack it.

w/ at&t's new data plans, EFF video chat over 3g

but i guess to each his own. the 32gb will be MINE 
devil.gif

blah!
Yes, the pixel count has been upgraded, still would be nice if Apple would upgrade the screen size as well. I know you can Jailbreak, would be nice if Apple went outside the box... for once. WiFi only video chat is dumb, than again AT&T network isn't ready for the primetime yet. Word, to each there own my friend.

overgrown phones (HD2) look like squared-off frisbees.. waaaay to big. 
laugh.gif

face time wifi chat >> no video chat at all. 
ohwell.gif
the same thing i was thinking. whats the point of getting a larger screen if the resolution isn't any better? the HD2 has a massive screen that i like when i use my friends phone, but the iphone has a better resolution now. size isnt everything... 
and not everyone wants a new OS face. you could potentially LOSE customers if you switch the game up on people who love the simplicity of the iPhone OS. 

and Wifi is the most logical choice for video chat. yeah i was kinda disappointed when they announced wifi only, but lets think about this, we all know how many dropped sessions there would be if it was on the 3g network... lagging... etc etc. thats a con more than a pro if anything. 

the iphone now has a 5mp camera, HD video recording and editing, ichat, iMovie, faster processor, multitasking, a sleeker design, and a more powerful batter. but hey, i hope a lot of you aren't impressed. makes it easier for me to get mine 
laugh.gif

this phone = the highest quality phone hardware to date, easily. its made out of glass thats 30x stronger than plastic and its compared to crystal 
alien.gif
pimp.gif

the only thing holding this phone back really is ATT, but honestly, who gives a +*#!. i live in a metropolitan area. my service is damn near perfect. so this phone is once again, perfect for me. 

the 3gs was a huge letdown considering its just a 3g with a new processor. but this is a new phone almost considering all that they have added. the only thing that has this phone still similar to the older ones is the OS. but i like the OS. 

sorry for the semi wall of text. i was banned and im finally back... im hyped to finally be able to reply to threads again 
laugh.gif

my only gripe with apple is-

cmonson.png

why they got my lil dude skating mongo? c'mon son.... straighten that out
smh.gif
mongo #ftl
The Evo 4G screen is brighter and better than the HD2. I have both phones, do a quick Google search, the Evo 4G, although the same screen, HTC somehow made it better than the HD2. Although the Evo 4G isn't near iPhone 4 resolution, I rather take a 4.3' screen over a 3.5' from 3 years ago. Be real, all you guys were like
frown.gif
when you heard it was still gonna be 3.5', I know I was.

You and I both know Apple is not gonna lose customers if they dropped a new home screen interface. Apple solution is "deal with it, or go somewhere else", and we do. It sucks when a OS like Android, blow iOS4 in looks, function and customization and it's barely on 2.2 Froyo compare to 4.0 iOS4. I mean, play with a Nexus One or a Evo 4G interface, it'll leave you drooling.

Your right, WiFi IS the most logical solution for video chat, but if there is one thing I can't stand about Apple is "options" these dudes literally leave you with no options, it's "there way or the highway". I don't necessarily blame Apple for a WiFi only solution for videochat/calling (it's more on AT&T network) but they could have done something more. You can sit here and praise the WiFi only by Apple but forget that Sprint and the Evo 4G let you do it over 3G, 4G and WiFi. Also to knock your though on the 3G, I've been doing videochat/calling with my fiancee for the last 3 days on my Evo 4G on 3G (shes on her laptop Skype) and it's butter smooth, great quality. HTC changed the game. Now I'm no HTC fanboy, It's still an Apple all day, every day but let's give credit where it's due, HTC did it first in the states, proven over 3G, 4G and WiFi. Apple and AT&T are not ready for primetime yet, period. Let's also not forget, Apple Facetime is iPhone to iPhone ONLY on WiFi. Evo 4G can do videochat/calling to any phone or PC/Mac.

I am very jealous of the 5MP camera which looks to blow the Evo 4G 8MP camera out the water, the iMovie app, 720p HD recording at 30FPS is fantastic, yes, it is. Hopefully HTC or Google can get on there game face and drop something similiar app wise.

No brainer for me with the 200 upgrade. AT&T has always been good to me so I don't mind the contract extension.

Just got my iPhone 3Gs this past December, so I guess I will have to wait until the next model drops in June of 2011.

The Evo 4G screen is brighter and better than the HD2. I have both phones, do a quick Google search, the Evo 4G, although the same screen, HTC somehow made it better than the HD2. Although the Evo 4G isn't near iPhone 4 resolution, I rather take a 4.3' screen over a 3.5' from 3 years ago. Be real, all you guys were like
frown.gif

You and I both know Apple is not gonna lose customers if they dropped a new home screen interface. Apple solution is "deal with it, or go somewhere else", and we do. It sucks when a OS like Android, blow iOS4 in looks, function and customization and it's barely on 2.2 Froyo compare to 4.0 iOS4. I mean, play with a Nexus One or a Evo 4G interface, it'll leave you drooling.

Your right, WiFi IS the most logical solution for video chat, but if there is one thing I can't stand about Apple is "options" these dudes literally leave you with no options, it's "there way or the highway". I don't necessarily blame Apple for a WiFi only solution for videochat/calling (it's more on AT&T network) but they could have done something more. You can sit here and praise the WiFi only by Apple but forget that Sprint and the Evo 4G let you do it over 3G, 4G and WiFi. Also to knock your though on the 3G, I've been doing videochat/calling with my fiancee for the last 3 days on my Evo 4G on 3G (shes on her laptop Skype) and it's butter smooth, great quality. HTC changed the game. Now I'm no HTC fanboy, It's still an Apple all day, every day but let's give credit where it's due, HTC did it first in the states, proven over 3G, 4G and WiFi. Apple and AT&T are not ready for primetime yet, period. Let's also not forget, Apple Facetime is iPhone to iPhone ONLY on WiFi. Evo 4G can do videochat/calling to any phone or PC/Mac.

I am very jealous of the 5MP camera which looks to blow the Evo 4G 8MP camera out the water, the iMovie app, 720p HD recording at 30FPS is fantastic, yes, it is. Hopefully HTC or Google can get on there game face and drop something similiar app wise.

yeah, Facetime is only iphone to iphone, but once skype, aol, yahoo, and oovoo get ahold of the phone its going to be phone to pc compatability. 
and I'd still rather have the same size screen with a better resolution. thats like wanting a bigger car with a weaker engine. i wasn;t too hurt when i heard the phone and the screen were going to be a little smaller. its by an inch 
laugh.gif

and yeah, apple probably wont lose that many customers, but them changing things up, could possibly drive people to other phones. im talking a DRASTIC change in the OS. its perfect as is. Blackberry and Danger both kept their OS' because they WORKED. i still dont feel the need of an OS change... its only been 3 years. palm had the same OS for a decade and people still bought their products. it wasn't until recently that they changed it. 

you just need to come back to the darkside man
smh.gif

you know you want to 
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

glad im getting the regular 300$ prices one for me and the wife
pimp.gif

If you aren't a new customer, and you aren't eligible for the special upgrade plan, the phones will cost 400 and $500 as upgrades, which is pretty rough. Unsubsidized prices run $600 and $700, which, well, ha ha.

Originally Posted by miamib30514

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

DOES THE MICRO-SIM = T-MOBILE USERS ARE S.O.L???
Yes
frown.gif
have you guys not seen the ipad hack for tzones? micro sim is just a smaller version of a summer card from what that video showed. i'm sure hackers will find a way to  make it possible to use t-mobile (at the price of having to cut up your sim card)

blah!

^ but Edge sucks,
tired.gif
, I've been running Edge on mine for nearly 2 years, I'm starting to lose my damn mind
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

frown.gif

yeah, Facetime is only iphone to iphone, but once skype, aol, yahoo, and oovoo get ahold of the phone its going to be phone to pc compatability. 
and I'd still rather have the same size screen with a better resolution. thats like wanting a bigger car with a weaker engine. i wasn;t too hurt when i heard the phone and the screen were going to be a little smaller. its by an inch 
laugh.gif

and yeah, apple probably wont lose that many customers, but them changing things up, could possibly drive people to other phones. im talking a DRASTIC change in the OS. its perfect as is. Blackberry and Danger both kept their OS' because they WORKED. i still dont feel the need of an OS change... its only been 3 years. palm had the same OS for a decade and people still bought their products. it wasn't until recently that they changed it. 

you just need to come back to the darkside man
smh.gif

you know you want to 
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

Sprints got me for 26 more days, let me get back to you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

DOES THE MICRO-SIM = T-MOBILE USERS ARE S.O.L???
Yes
frown.gif
n
No it doesn't. There's a tool out there that will trim a normal SIM card to micro-SIM specifications. It also comes with a housing to convert the microSIM back to normal size. I'll find the link for you

Ok pretty stupid question but something I always wanted, will I be able to change the colors of my text bubbles in OS 4 without jailbreaking?

Dam I'm loving the look of that white Iphone.     The better camera and the screen? 
pimp.gif
  At&t and their service have always been good to me.  I notice it's not the same for everyone else.
laugh.gif

That facetime is only for Iphone 4...  But doesn't dam near everybody have an Iphone? 
laugh.gif
   I swear I see people with Iphones everywhere(bars, clubs, stores etc..)and I'm sure a lot of people are going to upgrade so that's not a big deal.    And at least we have an excuse now to say to the +$!@$@% when they wanna use the facetime and were busy with "other" things...  "My wi-fi isn't working"
laugh.gif

But considering Sprints and At&t's service....   At&t > Sprint.   I have a sprint phone I use for work and my personal phone is with At&t. ( for over 5 years)   It just straight up sucks.  I have more service with At&T in more places.

The Evo is a nice phone but I guess I'll stick with At&t and Apple.  
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DJ 1080

No brainer for me with the 200 upgrade. AT&T has always been good to me so I don't mind the contract extension.
Exactly, nvr had problems with them

i've been with att and the iphone 3gs for about 2 months...-_-
I got a text saying i wasn't eligible for the complete discount but for a much higher upgrade price with a 2 year contract..
does anyone have any idea how much it will be?

i've been with att and the iphone 3gs for about 2 months...-_-
I got a text saying i wasn't eligible for the complete discount but for a much higher upgrade price with a 2 year contract..
does anyone have any idea how much it will be?

So with this new microSIM I won't be able to switch out my sim card into my nokia if I choose to?

I wish they bumped the screen to 3.7 like my N1. It doesn't need more than that. 4+ is cool but not really needed like that. 3.7 is perfect imo. I just sold my 3Gs to pay for this though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Dam I'm loving the look of that white Iphone.     The better camera and the screen? 
pimp.gif
  At&t and their service have always been good to me.  I notice it's not the same for everyone else.
laugh.gif

That facetime is only for Iphone 4...  But doesn't dam near everybody have an Iphone? 
laugh.gif
   I swear I see people with Iphones everywhere(bars, clubs, stores etc..)and I'm sure a lot of people are going to upgrade so that's not a big deal.    And at least we have an excuse now to say to the +$!@$@% when they wanna use the facetime and were busy with "other" things...  "My wi-fi isn't working"
laugh.gif

But considering Sprints and At&t's service....   At&t > Sprint.   I have a sprint phone I use for work and my personal phone is with At&t. ( for over 5 years)   It just straight up sucks.  I have more service with At&T in more places.

The Evo is a nice phone but I guess I'll stick with At&t and Apple.  
grin.gif

must be a bay thing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom