Da Official Apple WWDC Thread: June 7, 2010- 10AM PST/1PM EST

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

This is probably the gayest question about the iPhone today.....but is there any pros or cons in getting either the white or the black iPhone? Like does the white one get more visibly dirtier then the black and does the black show scratches easier the the white? I still have the aluminum one so I wouldn't even know.

gallery03-20100607.jpg

getting a white one for sure 
pimp.gif
.. my blk iphone is full of scratches, smudges, scuffs, etc 
sick.gif

+ the finish is gloss white, so i doubt any smudges will be an eyesore.. think of them as paint on a car..

why white one has blue stains from going in my back pocket...

No one pointed out that it has WIRELESS N. Although not the first phone to have it, it's a huge plus in my book and I expect it to match the wi-fi speeds of my laptop.

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

No one pointed out that it has WIRELESS N. Although not the first phone to have it, it's a huge plus in my book and I expect it to match the wi-fi speeds of my laptop.

i thought the other iphones already had wireless N?

then i look it up just now :smh

Got my 3gs in like October. Called today and got a text saying I can get an upgrade with a discounted fee, $18 and a 2 yr contract. Anybody have any idea how much it would be?

this is probably a stupid question...but if i copped online from the apple store:

-how would they know i'm already on a plan with att so that i only get charged 199/299?
-once it arrives, how would i activate it/keep my same number, contacts, etc.?

how does all that work? will i be taking the sim card out of my 3g and putting it into the 4?

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Originally Posted by bittersweet

That phone is not worth $700. Come on now.
laugh.gif

Put a couple more hundred up, you have a Macbook.

you do know that ALL unlocked smartphones are around the $600-$800 range right? 
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I know that my Blackberry isn't $700. This iPhone isn't worth it to pay $700 ...
laugh.gif
It just isn't.

$199-$299, hell, even $399 with a contract is fine ... but $700 flat out? That's disgusting.

proper english wrote:

bittersweet wrote:

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

I know that my Blackberry isn't $700. This iPhone isn't worth it to pay $700 ...
laugh.gif
It just isn't.

$199-$299, hell, even $399 with a contract is fine ... but $700 flat out? That's disgusting.

they do it so you have to get a contract.

probably a dumb question but just want to clarify

so i have a iphone 1st gen the 2g one. i have the unlimited data plan for 30 $. so when i get my new iphone 4 i will be able to keep the same unlimited data plan for 30$?

And also i believe my 2 yr contract ends in december of this year so i will be able to get the 199 price ? will i be charged the 18 dollar upgrade fee or how does is work? i dont really get that part but i should be fine because their generous offer is 6months is still okay right?

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It just isn't.

You just compared a blackberry to an iPhone? You cant even compare that crap to a  Tmonile G(arbage)1...

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It just isn't.

You just compared a blackberry to an iPhone? You cant even compare that crap to a  Tmonile G(arbage)1...

Originally Posted by CWrite78

proper english wrote:

bittersweet wrote:

laugh.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
It just isn't.

they do it so you have to get a contract.
I know, that's my point, but Apple fans are going to pay that ridiculous price anyway so whatever.
laugh.gif

I'm liking it, but not loving it so far. I love the new hardware, but the same os software is a downer for me. Would've liked to see a totally new interface but you can't really blame apple for not changing it....

Originally Posted by debs 168

this is probably a stupid question...but if i copped online from the apple store:

-how would they know i'm already on a plan with att so that i only get charged 199/299?
-once it arrives, how would i activate it/keep my same number, contacts, etc.?

how does all that work? will i be taking the sim card out of my 3g and putting it into the 4?
all your account info with AT&T will be updated when you purchase the phone on the apple website. As far as all your info all you have to do is sync your phone in iTunes  one last time and it creates a backup and then sync the backup to your new iPhone

The whole activation process goes through iTunes once you plug the new phone into your computer

Sprint>Att

Im keeping my evo. (Iphone does look clean though) but.

$60/month for the evo>_______

so for those of you who can do an early upgrade how much are they charging you? i'm thinking of selling my 3gs and upgrading if possible.

I think something new is going to be announced by the end of the year regarding the iPhone...especially since ATT is allowing so many ppl to upgrade now.

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

I think something new is going to be announced by the end of the year regarding the iPhone...especially since ATT is allowing so many ppl to upgrade now.

competition is tightening up.. you got the Palm phones on almost all carriers now, a crop of HD Android phones, and Win7 phones later this year...
i was seriously considering on getting the Nexus One up until they announced that sweet upgrade price 
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom