Dad pulls son out of high school to focus on gaming career

I knew them e sports boys made money but goddamn. 85k in a month? Thats great for playing games for a year but a goddamn month?! :lol:

Im sure theres a SMALL percentage of people making that kind of money but that potential is enticing. I see the appeal as it feels like an even playing field, not like sports where heigh, physicality matters etc, stuff you cant control all that much.

Eff school b. Just hope dad makes sure he goes out, exercise a bit and eat well.

All the stuff you learn in high school, you can read a book for or watch a series of videos on Khan Academy.
HS is important because you make friends, stay active, date, and prepare for college.

He is making friends playing games. Assuming he has the opportunity to travel for tournaments and gets some exercise... He can skip college because he has a career already and if he's making bread the birds will flock. So all the bases are covered. Hope he has someone in his corner that's financially literate though.

Makes sense. The way society is going and the economy, HS diplomas aint getting you paid.

Last edited:
can’t shoot up a school if you don’t go to school.
giphy (21).gif

The more I look into this, the more it becomes total crap.

Dude is already a top 1%er. He’s already a success. They’re not taking some giant leap of faith hoping he can become good. He’s already elite. I’m sure he’s still grinding but it’s a different type of grind compared to thousands of other gamers barely making ends meet.

Bryce Harper finished HS early so he could be drafted a year earlier. Lots of elite talent bypass the schooling experience.

Overall, I don’t see how this is much of a story. It’s likely very common given his dominance in his profession so far.

Reads like an onion article from 10 years ago, but if son has the potential to make millions, I see nothing wrong. No different than a sports phenom or violin prodigy or something.

20 racks for a gaming room setup? Man, give me one of them cheap mad catz controllers, I’d serve him.

Y’all gotta look at the money as a whole in relation to the amount of hours playing a day. He hits sometimes but doesn’t a lot, just like most of those pro players. Dude putting in 13-15 hour days year round man

Y’all gotta look at the money as a whole in relation to the amount of hours playing a day. He hits sometimes but doesn’t a lot, just like most of those pro players. Dude putting in 13-15 hour days year round man

You putting in 13-15 hr days on Ryu?

Semi serious, mentally I’d keep tabs on dudes like this. Kids like him tend to become “dangerous” in today’s america

I'd be more worried about the kids playing 8+ hours of video games per day but NOT making money. Those are the ones more apt to come unhinged :lol:

At least the dudes getting paid like this kid will attract yambs by default and figure out stupid ways to to spend money and kill time.

Don’t blame the dad...there’s fools on YouTube making 100k plus in a couple of months just recording they dogs or kids.... meanwhile the working man with a degree on average getting 40-90k. 100k playing games over working like a slave 9-5 everyday. Everyday it get more and more pointless to work hard for a job when people making what you make in a year with just a week on YouTube or twitch.

Back
Top Bottom