Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs: TNT 7:00 PM CST

why is should dirk be exempt from criticism? It is obvious that taking a fade away over parker is not a good look
grin.gif

and he kept doing it
when he finally decided to try a play close to the rim, he showed his softness
how can you be 7 feet and go weak like that at the basket? do it like brandon bass son
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

If you want to take shots at Dirk, why don't you take a look at Mr. MVP in your avatar my dude. What notable teams has AI beat in a playoff series?
1. It's about championships.
2. This ain't about AI.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

at the idiotic comment that Duncan only goes off on Dallas.... PO
Clearly I didn't explain myself well enough.

My point is that... the Spurs have kinda changed in terms of how they play which everyone knows. Duncan is their defensive anchor in the post, but it's not like the offense is explicitly run through him and he's their rock offensively. I NEVER said he only goes off against Dallas.

I said that Dallas is now going to have serious problems playing the Spurs because they have no big guys to compete against him. Teams like Denver last year were able to almost neutralize Duncan on the offensive end because they had big guys like Nene who really affected him. If they were to play the Pistons, Sheed would really bother him. If they played the Hornets.... they have people who could bother him.

Dallas doesn't... meaning that he is more likely to go off and dominate on a team like them... when he doesn't really play with an "I'm gonna dominate you adn go off for 30 and 15 type game anymore. He doesn't put up stats like that these days.... It's more of a consistent 20 and 10. Not an all out wrecking crew.

I know that made sense... if you don't get it after me explaining what I meant, then oh well
laugh.gif

No Popovich repeatably says in every interview that their center their offense around Tim Duncan. Have you ever watched a Spurs game? Tony parker scores onpick on rolls w/tim or just blowing by his defender, the only other player who has plays called for them is Manu when Timmy is out.

Originally Posted by ajwill307

What was Avery J. Thinking! One of the best PGs on the sidelines in the final seconds???

i'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned this. avery is gunna catch heat for that. tnt talkin bout it right now
laugh.gif

They were talking on the post-game show here in Dallas about how there are whispers of Avery's job being on the line at this point... Another early playoffexit could be Strike 3 as far as Cuban is concerned... I just wonder where they would go if they fired him. Larry Brown? Rick Carlisle? JVG? I just don'tknow where they go for their next guy.

Jason Kidd should have been on the floor period.

How you gonna say you got a dude "to get you touchdowns in the red zone" and he's on the bench.

Let's give up on the Dirk ISO's at the end of games. They don't, work he ain't fast enough to get past his man and if he does he ain'tstrong enough to finish over the dude guarding him and the big waiting for him at the rim. Run dude off A GOT DAMN PICK

I still don't understand my Josh Howard disappears at the end of games. Dirk be bricking and dude just vanishes.

I would rather count on Jason Kidd's broke jumper at the end of a game than anybody else on the team.

We still need to trade Jason Terry for a real shooting guard.

I still like the trade but I would have rather traded Jason Terry for a Corey Maggette type and kept Devin.

We may need to fire Avery I can't get over Jason Kidd not being to floor I just can't wrap my brain around that I really can't.

With Devin gone Brandon Bass is the only player on the Mavs I would like if I wasn't so damn loyal/obsessed to/with this team.

Jason Kidd not in the game at the end I just can't get over that.

word having kidd out at the end is also a mental thing. physically ur gunna have more spacing, but Kidd is your captain. He's the team's leader. Youneed your leader most in situations like that.

And all the other mavs players were probably being distracted by wondering why J kidd isn't on the floor with them.

It was a broken play and Terry totalled missed Howard open at the top of the key after they kicked it back out to him and then after he drove, he hadStackhouse open in the corner.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

It was a broken play and Terry totalled missed Howard open at the top of the key after they kicked it back out to him and then after he drove, he had Stackhouse open in the corner.
That's why people can't understand why Kidd was on the bench.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

It was a broken play and Terry totalled missed Howard open at the top of the key after they kicked it back out to him and then after he drove, he had Stackhouse open in the corner.
That's why people can't understand why Kidd was on the bench.

The kicker is that Avery said he wanted to space the floor to give Dirk room to work. Jason Kidd shoots 36% from three and has been clutch Jason Kiddshoots a better percentage from three than Mavs not named Jason Terry so that doesn't even make sense.

Originally Posted by knightngale

why is should dirk be exempt from criticism? It is obvious that taking a fade away over parker is not a good look
grin.gif

and he kept doing it
when he finally decided to try a play close to the rim, he showed his softness
how can you be 7 feet and go weak like that at the basket? do it like brandon bass son
smh.gif

Do you people not understand? Its not Dirks game to drive to the hole, his game is those fade away jumpers around the free throw line, he makes those shots9 out of 10.

This loss is solely on Avery Johnson, you dont have a press conference saying "you are so glad to have a quarterback" and then not have him in thefinal 30 seconds. Like Kenny Smith said on the post game "you cant love the guy for 47 minutes then not marry em on the 48th" its ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They were talking on the post-game show here in Dallas about how there are whispers of Avery's job being on the line at this point... Another early playoff exit could be Strike 3 as far as Cuban is concerned... I just wonder where they would go if they fired him. Larry Brown? Rick Carlisle? JVG? I just don't know where they go for their next guy.

Do you listen to Mavs Talk on 103.3 with Wally Lynn and RJ Choppy or you listen to the ticket? I produce the Mavs Talk show for ESPN

Do you listen to Mavs Talk on 103.3 with Wally Lynn and RJ Choppy or you listen to the ticket?
ESPN Radio. I cannot stand the guys on the Ticket... They suck.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Do you listen to Mavs Talk on 103.3 with Wally Lynn and RJ Choppy or you listen to the ticket?
ESPN Radio. I cannot stand the guys on the Ticket... They suck.

who the hell gave irvin his own show???...dude and his co-host suck balls...id rather listen to the ticket than irvin or galloway
sick.gif
any day of the week...

oau340.gif
e3d35237bee37c775b845cd31b938083f2563fb_t.gif

The kicker is that Avery said he wanted to space the floor to give Dirk room to work. Jason Kidd shoots 36% from three and has been clutch Jason Kidd shoots a better percentage from three than Mavs not named Jason Terry so that doesn't even make sense.

I think a championship or at least the West Finals is the only way Avery can save his job. That move was beyond dumb.

^
laugh.gif
Yeah, I cannot stand the Irvin Show... Definitely not a good look. Kevin Kiley is terrible
roll.gif

I like Galloway. The guy is funny.

The Ticket is just terrible though, IMO... Norm and BaD both suck.

Back
Top Bottom