Dallas or Houston

I grew up closer to Houston but I've lived in Dallas the last 8 years.

If I was still single I'd pick Houston.

With a family its Dallas no doubt.

I love of them both though.

I'm still moving to Austin before my kid starts school if that makes any sense. :lol:

I just love Texas period the more I think about it :smokin

Last edited:
Houston for sure.

If you're a fan of the pretentious scene and want to be a LA wannabe city/mindset, Dallas is cool.

Otherwise, Houston is much more laid back, relaxed, diverse, and welcoming IMO. Foods definitely better (IMO one of the best food cities in America, better then Cali, etc due to the diversity) and jobs are abundant.

Ayyyy thinknim moving to Houston area as well.. seabrook to be exact gunna scope it out in May

Well if you're thinking about moving to any Houston outskirts type places, look into Katy, League City, Clear Lake, and Sugarland as well. Some people do consider those Houston, and others don't, just depends on who you ask. I'm about 3 solid minutes from Pearland, yet if you're coming in from Pearland, you'll see a sign that says "Houston - 11 Miles". That is a lie :lol:

Most people on here talking about how good htown is probably ain't been there mostly hear say.....it looks good on rap videos I guess....it's all Texas but dfw has ever thing that Harris county has maybe the entertainment scene is a little better I'm talking music industry
N.

So many similarities.

From Tampa. Did much undergrad at USF but I've been in Houston for just over a year.

Moved here when I was about 27. Houston has way more to offer than Tampa. Don't know much about Dallas though.

Last edited:
Well if you're thinking about moving to any Houston outskirts type places, look into Katy, League City, Clear Lake, and Sugarland as well. Some people do consider those Houston, and others don't, just depends on who you ask. I'm about 3 solid minutes from Pearland, yet if you're coming in from Pearland, you'll see a sign that says "Houston - 11 Miles". That is a lie :lol:

Preciate ya. Am lookin at league city, clear lake area.

Deer park as well. I have a soon to be 4 yr old so the school district is the most important thing for me. And proximity to the water

Tomball is where I live and love it

very slept on...beautiful parks, lakes and surroundings

10 minutes away from the hustle of the city

Houston is so big I consider these little suburb names as how New York names boroughs

still Houston as someone just said

Last edited:
I prefer Houston over Dallas, just spent the weekend in Houston. :smokin

Last edited:
Houston for sure.

Otherwise, Houston is much more laid back, relaxed, diverse, and welcoming IMO. Foods definitely better (IMO one of the best food cities in America, better then Cali, etc due to the diversity) and jobs are abundant.

Hands down one of the best food cities in America. Ive been here for 8 months and im STILL finding gems aside from the Papadeaux chains and such which are good etc.

Hands down one of the best food cities in America. Ive been here for 8 months and im STILL finding gems aside from the Papadeaux chains and such which are good etc.

QFT again.

If you like discovering new things/cuisine/cultures, Houston is where it's at. If you need any food recommendations, just LMK with a type of food.

In regards to the suburbs, it's huge, can literally take an hour to get into the city city (downtown area) from the suburbs. Traffic sucks, but any major city has it's traffic woes. Lived in Tomball as well for a little less than a year, moved right back into the heart of the city though. Convenience factor is huge to me.

Really mayne? My dougie???? hold up....all I gotta say we have one hip hop top 5 mc's of all time D.O.C. pen game too strong...Houston doesn't have anyone like him..scarface is cool Bun is dope but the hit maker on your favorite mc albums throughout the 30 years ...chill with that dougie ish like that's our lone hiphop contribution if not for D.O.C. nwa's Dr Dre snoop dogg wouldn't be where they are in history...and if u gonna pick a htown hit why not minds playing tricks or knocking boots lol

Last edited:
Never been to Houston and had a cup of coffee in Dallas. I'd still choose LA. 
grin.gif

Being from Killeen, I've been to both cities, and honestly either one will do, I don't prefer one over the other. Honestly, Austin and San Antonio aren't bad either.

Harden still a savage tho. Top 5. 

So damn Houston is getting alot of love. Hmmm

GOD LVL: KOBE

1. Curry
2. LeBron
3. KD
4. Westbrook
5. Kawhi
6. Paul
7. Lillard
8. Harden
9. AD
10. Boogie

Honorable Mentions: Lowry, PG...

Srs...

Last edited:
Dallas, growing economy lots of potential everywhere. Honestly, can't go wrong with either place. 

Back
Top Bottom