Dallas or Houston

Last edited:
Ayyyy thinknim moving to Houston area as well.. seabrook to be exact gunna scope it out in May
I live and work in Seabrook.  Not a bad place at all.  

Houston is great, I've lived here since '00.  It's turning into a mini-Austin, especially downtown.  Lots of cool **** to do.  You're also within an hour of Galveston.  I've only been to Dallas a handful of times, so I can't speak much on it.

I will say that our sports teams (except for the damn Rockets) are gonna be fun to watch for a few years.  I really don't have anything bad to say about Houston itself.  Sugarland, Baytown and a few of the surrounding suburbs can kiss my ***, though.

Austin>>>>>>Dallas=Houston
Austin is easily the best city in Texas.

Last edited:
Austin>>>>>>Dallas=Houston
Austin is easily the best city in Dallas.
This girl I'm talking to just went out to Austin for SXSW, she works in social media here in LA.

She loves Austin! Said its up & coming with lots young entrepreneurs (40 yrs & younger) out there. Said the vibe is really dope too.

Said it reminds her a bit of LA. Heard a lot of tech companies are building their HQ's out there.

Def want to visit sometime soon

Yeah Austin is a pretty cool place too. Reminds me of PDX. But Houston is one of my favorite cities I've been to in the country. So much to do, low COL, diverse. When I start my practice I'll probably end up in Houston. It's just a great place to be.

If I can give anybody any advice, it would be do not move to Austin. I used to visit my dad here for 25 years before moving here 4 years ago. I can't wait to get out of here at this point.

Traffic gets worse by the day and rent/housing costs do as well. New construction apartments are unreasonably expensive given most jobs here do not provide any cost of living adjustments. The affordable apartments were built 25+ years ago and have paper thin walls with no insulation and single pane windows driving your heating and cooling costs sky high.

It doesn't matter what day of the week or what time of day, there will always be traffic and the drivers here are the worst I have ever seen.

There was literally no planning when the city came to be. The roads were not built to facilitate the number of people that live here and continue to arrive everyday. The result is constant construction that will not relieve any issues.

And public transit is non-existent.

If I can give anybody any advice, it would be do not move to Austin. I used to visit my dad here for 25 years before moving here 4 years ago. I can't wait to get out of here at this point.

Traffic gets worse by the day and rent/housing costs do as well. New construction apartments are unreasonably expensive given most jobs here do not provide any cost of living adjustments. The affordable apartments were built 25+ years ago and have paper thin walls with no insulation and single pane windows driving your heating and cooling costs sky high.

It doesn't matter what day of the week or what time of day, there will always be traffic and the drivers here are the worst I have ever seen.

There was literally no planning when the city came to be. The roads were not built to facilitate the number of people that live here and continue to arrive everyday. The result is constant construction that will not relieve any issues.

And public transit is non-existent.

I agree but give a few years and they will get it together.

A few years? They've been adding one lane to MoPac on each side that will be a toll lane and it isn't finished after 3+ years. If that doesn't show they'll never get it together, I don't know what will.

If you are independently wealthy or can work remotely and can afford to live in the area of Austin you want to spend most of your time in, then it is worth it to move here. Otherwise, you're just going to continue to get priced out as local salaries don't match the increased cost of living. the suburbs and cities close by are garbage and the commute into Austin from them will be an hour plus.

I haven't been to Austin since the Texas Relays from 05-09 when I was still competing, and before that I had lived there in 91/92. In 91/92 I basically remember it being a lot of land and nothing else, but during those Relays years I loved it. A hell of a lot should have changed in 11 years since then, but dudes last post has me :rofl:

Tomball is where I live and love it
I was born and raised in Tomball, I always loved how close it was to the city yet far enough to not deal with all the traffic and such.

I've lived in the Houston Area, Dallas, Denton and now Austin.  As a young professional Austin cant be beat imo, especially if you are interested in the tech scene.

Job market is ***.
This. Plus Miami is a spot in about 2-3 months I would be ready to leave. Too expensive and superficial. Dating market is fake. Pops stay in Lauder dale so I drive 4 hours down there all the time. The Spanish women down there are OUT OF THIS WORLD, but joints really be superficial. I'm not looking to settle down no time soon, but I'm not the type of cat that go deal with the high all mighty you aint making NBA money type women.

SneakerPro tho. Man I looked at Web Developer Jobs on Dice. Dallas might be it.

Miami-FtLaud- 555 jobs

Dallas Jobs-1691 jobs

Houston-492 jobs

Atlanta-1690 jobs

LA-1640 jobs

Surprised only one mention of Houston traffic so far. **** is oppressive, worst in the country or 2nd worst next to the Tri State area IIRC. If you are trying to get in or out of downtown, good luck. I rock with both cities just off the strength of their Brazillian Steakhouses alone though :smoking Chama Guacha, Texas De Brazil, Fogo De Chao of course, RaFain, Blue Charcoal Rodizio.

I live 3 hours of Dallas so I have visited Dallas more often, usually for concerts at House of Blues or Medusa, did Houston last summer for a reunion, did All Star weekend, and the playoffs there. I need to get back to both soon, know Floetry is in Dallas (Grand Prairie actually) so I know I'm there in 2 months

Job market is ***.

This. Plus Miami is a spot in about 2-3 months I would be ready to leave. Too expensive and superficial. Dating market is fake. Pops stay in Lauder dale so I drive 4 hours down there all the time. The Spanish women down there are OUT OF THIS WORLD, but joints really be superficial. I'm not looking to settle down no time soon, but I'm not the type of cat that go deal with the high all mighty you aint making NBA money type women.

SneakerPro tho. Man I looked at Web Developer Jobs on Dice. Dallas might be it.

Miami-FtLaud- 555 jobs
Dallas Jobs-1691 jobs
Houston-492 jobs
Atlanta-1690 jobs
LA-1640 jobs

This!

Broward County ain't bad though

Surprised only one mention of Houston traffic so far. **** is oppressive, worst in the country or 2nd worst next to the Tri State area IIRC. If you are trying to get in or out of downtown, good luck. I rock with both cities just off the strength of their Brazillian Steakhouses alone though :smoking Chama Guacha, Texas De Brazil, Fogo De Chao of course, RaFain, Blue Charcoal Rodizio.

I live 3 hours of Dallas so I have visited Dallas more often, usually for concerts at House of Blues or Medusa, did Houston last summer for a reunion, did All Star weekend, and the playoffs there. I need to get back to both soon, know Floetry is in Dallas (Grand Prairie actually) so I know I'm there in 2 months

This traffic here is def worse than the tri state area without a doubt PLUS people can't drive here. I've never seen so many idiots on the road in one city.

:pimp: at Chama Guacha and Fogo De Chao. I need to get back to both sometime soon when I went in February it wsd :wow:

Sugarland is nice........lol if the police know you.
Used to do pest control out there.  Hate the entire area due to the clientele I had.  The cheapest, yet most demanding people I've ever dealt with.

Bruh..say no more :lol:

Traffic in Houston aint that bad. Lot of people just sit there and take it. All you have to do is get over and speed up to get right out of it.

Theres also alternate routes that hardly anyone takes.

Yea I swear everyone here just likes to take the same route to get everywhere, completely ignoring the massive amount of shortcuts you can use :lol: Even if you don't have the streets memorized (which is impossible anyway), siri or whatever can immediately tell you alternate routes to get everywhere so you don't have to sit in traffic for as long as it takes Jay Electronica to release a song

Last edited:
I mean I was just on the interstate trying to get to the arena, which hilariously was like a mile away in plain view but traffic is just sitting there for hours and the whole time I'm thinking I should just get out and walk. This is a rental car anyways. ASW once you got in, getting back out was a problem and vice versa.

Traffic in Houston aint that bad. Lot of people just sit there and take it. All you have to do is get over and speed up to get right out of it.

Theres also alternate routes that hardly anyone takes.

Man the rush hour here is terrible even on the alternate routes. They need some type of mass transit here badly

Back
Top Bottom