Darelle Revis vs.........

images

Can someone explain to me when/why exactly Darrell Revis became better than Nnamdi Asomugha? I mean, you guys talk about Revis shutting down great receivers.....but Nnamdi had only 28 balls thrown his direction all year last year. Revis had 106. Sure Revis had better stats, but its not hard to see why when he was thrown at 4 times as often.

I am far from a Raider fan, but Nnamdi still is the best shutdown corner in the league.

Can someone explain to me when/why exactly Darrell Revis became better than Nnamdi Asomugha? I mean, you guys talk about Revis shutting down great receivers.....but Nnamdi had only 28 balls thrown his direction all year last year. Revis had 106. Sure Revis had better stats, but its not hard to see why when he was thrown at 4 times as often.

I am far from a Raider fan, but Nnamdi still is the best shutdown corner in the league.

Revis wll dominate teams with only one big reciever.

the island isn't going to look as great when they play Balitmore, Cincy and New England

Revis wll dominate teams with only one big reciever.

the island isn't going to look as great when they play Balitmore, Cincy and New England

Teddy Ginn CLEVELAND what they DO!

but yea

his plate is full. they HAD to cut the check for lil buddy

Originally Posted by dland24

Very simple difference.  Teams usually set their better receivers on the side Nnamdi didn't cover as he covered only one particular side of the field.  This year they said they will make him follow the #1 all around.  It'll be a slight difference as he'll have to play angles and take routes that he didn't have to before.

I mean you can't tell me that 85% of the throws didn't go to the opposite side.

Teddy Ginn CLEVELAND what they DO!

but yea

his plate is full. they HAD to cut the check for lil buddy

Very simple difference.  Teams usually set their better receivers on the side Nnamdi didn't cover as he covered only one particular side of the field.  This year they said they will make him follow the #1 all around.  It'll be a slight difference as he'll have to play angles and take routes that he didn't have to before.

I mean you can't tell me that 85% of the throws didn't go to the opposite side.

Different defensive philosophies - Revis plays in a blitz heavy defense where he has to shadow theopponents #1 receiver for 3-4 seconds before he gets safety help...Nnamdi has played almost exclusively in a 4-3 with little to noblitzing and no safety help. Revis is stuck to the opponents #1 whereas Nnamdi was given the right side of the field to cover. The Raiders are going to let Nnamdi play man this season, though, so those numbers (and maybe peoples perceptions) will change.

Different defensive philosophies - Revis plays in a blitz heavy defense where he has to shadow theopponents #1 receiver for 3-4 seconds before he gets safety help...Nnamdi has played almost exclusively in a 4-3 with little to noblitzing and no safety help. Revis is stuck to the opponents #1 whereas Nnamdi was given the right side of the field to cover. The Raiders are going to let Nnamdi play man this season, though, so those numbers (and maybe peoples perceptions) will change.

Back
Top Bottom