Darko Milicic having a NBA Championship Ring Unappreciation Post

My best friends brothers roommate had an internship with the Pistons when he attended UofM

roll.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

^^what did randy brown do?

Took the game ball from Jordan when they won the 'Chip on Father's Day against the Sonics. Jordan dedicated the game beforehand to his deceasedfather who was murdered 3 years prior.

I agree that the Pistons made a horrible mistake drafting him, but I don't buy into the what-if scenarios with Melo, Wade, Bosh.. etc.

Chemistry is an extremely fragile thing, and there is no saying how any of the players drafted after Darko would've affected the Pistons cohesiveness. ThePistons didn't need a star or a player to contribute heavily, they needed a solid backup option at one of their positions. Chauncey, Rip, Prince, Sheed andBen all had their positions basically on lock, and drafting Wade, Bosh or Melo could have potentially upset the balance of their team.

I think Detroit would have been better off just trading the pick for future picks, 'cuz it worked out pretty well for them. They're still among thebest teams in the league.

Pistons still won the title that year so it doesn't matter if they drafted this bum or not. But yea just thinking about Melo, Wade, or Bosh on the Pistonsright now
eek.gif

I remember Randy Brown and MJ fighting for the ball after they won the finals. Man it pisses me off that he got that ball I never knew that
mad.gif

^ Yeah that didn't happen.

MJ jumped on the scorers table to celebrate...Brown jumped up too and "shared" the spotlight.

Back
Top Bottom