Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
It is stark, but it's only up to 8 critics determining a 38% rating. Give it some time and I think it'll settle around 60-70%.

I didn't really love this special the way it seems most people did. I thought it was decent, but it seemed like it was less about the comedy and more about making a statement about comedy as a whole and this era we're in.

I don't think people have caught on yet.
He was insinuating modern women and western divorce is one of the most detrimental things out there.

I disagree. I think it was more about race than anything. He was implying that a white guy with all these privileges ended up killing himself while it never crossed his "urban" friend's mind once. If it was about the detriment of women and divorce, I don't think he would've used his black friend (who's wife divorced him) as an example of never thinking to off himself.

I disagree. I think it was more about race than anything. He was implying that a white guy with all these privileges ended up killing himself while it never crossed his "urban" friend's mind once. If it was about the detriment of women and divorce, I don't think he would've used his black friend (who's wife divorced him) as an example of never thinking to off himself.
ClutteredLavishBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

Yea this was my interpretation.

Real life facts too. True commentary.

I liked the special but I don't think I liked it as much as some other people. The bit about the 'LGBT' bus dragged on for too long. The link he made between #MeToo and states passing strict abortion laws was just bizarre, didn't make sense at all.

The Anthony Bourdain bit was brilliant on so many levels.

It was a hilarious bit but not factually accurate to Anthony's life. Bourdain just has mental health issues. Full stop. Dude had a history of depression that no amount of money, fame and travel could fix.

For the most part it was hilarious

But dude too smart for some of the dumb sh

Like that Chinese part was unnecessary and it’s low hanging fruit because people may have cut down on shh but they’ll still say shh

Or even that part when he was talking about equality like most girls playin D1 ball wouldn’t murder dude let alone the WNBA, but he’s saying “us” when talking about the NBA like he could hang

Netflix need to throw more money at Dave.
I’m here for all of this smoke. It’s wildly entertaining to see so many people up in arms about actual jokes

Dave just became more famous than he’s ever been.

Yall think these same people that are offended gonna watch the next special?
Yes. So they can be outraged on social media.
THIS.

But ppl attempting to explain these jokes are exposing themselves.

Last edited:
Anyone who didn't appreciate Dave's genius , doesn't understand good writing... I watched it dolo with a spliff and could not stop laughing ...

The only part that was cringy was his Chinese face.... But I was still laughing at his ignorance cause he believes that his Filipino wife grants him Asian immunity.... Lol

to me this special felt like it was all for himself.
this was some **** he had to get off his chest. like **** it let me vent out here.
im coming at everyone's neck and yall aint stopping me.

i loved it when he came directly at the audience.

to me this special felt like it was all for himself.
this was some **** he had to get off his chest. like **** it let me vent out here.
im coming at everyone's neck and yall aint stopping me.

i loved it when he came directly at the audience.
So you loved that one joke?

Back
Top Bottom