Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone seen the three and a half hour set he did years ago in NYC with the small crowd?

The entire thing’s on YouTube.

When you got certain people jumping to your defense, it’s time to re-evaluate what you were/are doing

Jay-z, is another recent example of this..

I disagree. I think it was more about race than anything. He was implying that a white guy with all these privileges ended up killing himself while it never crossed his "urban" friend's mind once. If it was about the detriment of women and divorce, I don't think he would've used his black friend (who's wife divorced him) as an example of never thinking to off himself.
You know what, I'll take my L. I made that connection myself from what I know about Bourdain's suicide.
At Chappelle's level everything is calculated. The way he set it up and walked into it I wouldn't be surprised if he was incorporating that angle as well.

Everyone overthinking this.

It's comedy!!!

Nah.. some of the shh was sophomoric and Dave is better and smarter than that.. I’m not saying he’s above it, obviously

I mean when dude talks about why he had the mental breakdown from his show, he talks about similar levels of comedy and responses he was getting only he was the butt of the joke instead of for example Chinese men

I’m not even Chinese but I’d get why someone who was would be heated.. this dude was doing shh they did jokes wise over 60 years ago

I enjoyed the special. Wasn't his best, but still entertaining.

Jussie Smolliet :rofl:

People need to let go of this “guilty by association” nonsense. I’m just saying this for an example but just because a racist person likes something doesn’t mean anyone else who likes it is racist.

People need to let go of this “guilty by association” nonsense. I’m just saying this for an example but just because a racist person likes something doesn’t mean anyone else who likes it is racist.

yea.. this aint the bullet to be diving in front of:

That's just it....ain't nobody bout to die in front of nothing. People trying wayyyyy to hard to be on the 'right' side of an argument. Keep playing and before you know it we will be told what is the right side of an argument.

i have a bunch of asian friends that thought it was hilarious - some even posted that clip on FB. i'm asian and it doesn't bother me. the stereotyping asian caricature isn't the point of the joke - he's not mocking chinese.

That's just it....ain't nobody bout to die in front of nothing. People trying wayyyyy to hard to be on the 'right' side of an argument. Keep playing and before you know it we will be told what is the right side of an argument.

"right side of an argument"?

there is a whole profession where people get paid a ton of money to do just this

i expressed my views above, which was it was funny.. but dave said and did some unnecessary shh, which he should get in trouble for.. and he wont be the first or last to screw up, but dude did screw up

problem is, you got certain people looking to excuse that BS because then to them they could excuse their or others BS

i have a bunch of asian friends that thought it was hilarious - some even posted that clip on FB. i'm asian and it doesn't bother me. the stereotyping asian caricature isn't the point of the joke - he's not mocking chinese.

good for you.. as i said above, i thought it was hilarious for the most part.. but i dont get why dave felt the need to do certain things

and there will always be those who excuse BS

Liberals have forgotten that we're the OG Free Speech Crusaders. George Carlin HATED conservatives, hated religious groups. The Free Speech fight used to be libs vs pro-censorship right. Now, the right is supposed to be the face of Free Speech and we've become the censoring POS. Chappelle is an OG liberal, he's not a conservative. The fact that conservative people are giving him props is to 1, make it seem like they don't dislike all liberals. 2, run counter to what mainstream liberals are all about.

Liberals have forgotten that we're the OG Free Speech Crusaders. George Carlin HATED conservatives, hated religious groups. The Free Speech fight used to be libs vs pro-censorship right. Now, the right is supposed to be the face of Free Speech and we've become the censoring POS. Chappelle is an OG liberal, he's not a conservative. The fact that conservative people are giving him props is to 1, make it seem like they don't dislike all liberals. 2, run counter to what mainstream liberals are all about.

there is a difference between voicing your opinion, on say religion

and making fun of a race.. i mean ted danson and whoopi's careers were never the same after something people didnt even see (yes people got more information afterwards, inclusive of pics and a transcript)

dave has handled these racial conversations in a smart manner previously.. i clearly he isnt above juvenile humor

but i have zero clue why dude would just go for the low hanging fruit at this point of his career.. especially when his wife is of asian decent and his kids could get hit with his own jokes.. i mean i can get people being insensitive to the plight of others even if they themselves are a minority, but dude's wife and kids could get hit from his BS

he handled this far better say in his racial draft sketch with tiger woods, for example

Hold up, Dave is a smart dude but let's not act like he is above low hanging fruit. On Chappelle Show he invited a chorus to sing about diarrhea. Dave does what is funny to him and it has worked out for him, time and time again. Even the Asian joke he ran by his wife first. On the surface, the joke looks offensive. But that's not what the joke was about. Dave is not Asian. If one day, he thought he was an Asian man deep inside the body of a Black man, and he tried to express this, all he would be doing is acting out a stereotype of what it means to be Asian. Because he's not really Asian, in the same way men are not really women (and vice versa) and Rachel Dolezal is not really a Black woman.

Back
Top Bottom