Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
dudes wanna hear a silky smooth voice tell a joke :lol:

If you think Dave Chappelle’s old voice was “silky smooth” then you’re deaf

Dude just had a funny *** voice. Now he sounds like me this morning after a night out of too many shots and having to yell over loud music from 8PM-2AM

I'll admit that some comics' voices turn me off, but Dave ain't one of them. He's just an older, wiser, grizzled version of himself. The jokes are there and they all hit. In fact, if he was still skinny as hell and didn't sound like a pack-a-day user, I don't think it would resonate the same.

So many great moments in these 2 specials. The Amish joke is so classic! "I'm tryin to put you on game zeke!" :rofl:

A huuuge reason for him being funny was because of his voice. That deep raspy *** **** he has going on isn’t funny.

His voice wasn’t a huuuuge reason. At least not for most people that are fans. The fact that people are still trying to see him any chance they get let’s you know that his voice wasn’t a huge factor. His content and pace and ability to tell a story are huge parts of why he’s funny.

If you haven’t peeped it, Comedy Central hasn’t been cashing in on Dave’s spotlight by posting a lot of his sketches on their YT

I saw that. They pretty much re-uploaded all his old stuff to the top of the page. So tacky of them.

His voice wasn’t a huuuuge reason. At least not for most people that are fans. The fact that people are still trying to see him any chance they get let’s you know that his voice wasn’t a huge factor. His content and pace and ability to tell a story are huge parts of why he’s funny.

Bro it’s Dave Chappelle...I’d still go see him in person if I had the chance too. It’s a natural reaction though that some people are going to prefer the skinny, funny voice Chappelle that we grew up with over the old, raspy *** sounding intellectual Chappelle.

You are also out of your damn mind if you think the voice of any entertainer thats profession is based on them speaking isn’t important :lol:

Last edited:
Bro it’s Dave Chappelle...I’d still go see him in person if I had the chance too. It’s a natural reaction though that some people are going to prefer the skinny, funny voice Chappelle that we grew up with over the old, raspy *** sounding intellectual Chappelle.

You are also out of your damn mind if you think the voice of any entertainer thats profession is based on them speaking isn’t important :lol:

Ok, bruh. Litterally didn’t say anything about what you wrote here.

Waiting on the first person to come in here and post "Kevin Hart is funny".

for a "safe" comedian, K. Hart is pretty much as funny as it gets... if you're into that brand of comedy. not everyone is tho, so I completely understand why many people dont find him funny.

I am not TOO much of a fan of Kevin Hart's standup, but he is funny as hell in situations. Movies/TV, etc.

Back
Top Bottom