Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
yeah that too, that’s what most would say

it all correlates

but he walked away from his own content, he felt responsible for how people were perceiving what he made

Yea, just like a ho. They break eventually. They hate what they become and they end up hating their “contributions” to society.

The same could be said for Dave. He was losing him self to what Viacom wanted and society (white people) were becoming desensitized to racial plight because his message was being distorted, hence the mileage running down.

The difference between him and the bottom B was that he was able to walk away before the mileage was up.

I guess I see where you’re coming from where Iceberg could be Dave.. seeing as that he kinda has/had the upper hand, but he didn’t really. He does now, but like a pimp (Viacom) they build you and tear you down and repeat the cycle to get the most out of you... the same way iceberg did to his bottom *****.

^ Interesting -- is Dave really free now?

He escaped a big machine (Viacom) and jumped into another (Netflix), even if it seems as if he's an independent contractor.
I would say he has his freedom now more than ever. Keep in mind that when he started the show with comedy Central it was pretty much on a day to day are “we still going to be on air” type of thing. the first season happened had a success and probably when the second season happened they wanted to lock him down forever.

So he leaves. He has money, no doubting that. But he was modest. Living in Ohio modestly. He didn’t need the money, or more importantly what would be attached to that money. His shows DVD’s are the highest grossing dvds of a TV show to date.

Netflix isn’t Viacom at all but they made a business picking up the pieces that corporations leave behind, Looking at what society favours and gives them what they want. for example Full house became Fuller House. Chelsea Handler gets a new TV show. comedy Central is not stand up anymore so they make deals with comedians both big and small. Reviving cult shows like always Sunny in Philly, Shameless.

Just like Weinstein with girls “if you don’t comply I’ll tell the industry you’re terrible to work with” and the Illuminati YT video I replied earlier, Dave was probably blacklisted by the big corporations and Netflix came and offered a deal. A “lower end deal” or mom and pop deal was better than going back to Viacom or any of the other major corporations that control the media.

My two cents

to clear up my statement better I was moreso replying to the articles depiction of Dave’s story rather than the actual story

the article was digging deeper past the obvious and I felt if he was anyone else over the bottom b it would be iceberg rather than the “dead” man

in Dave’s story he was clearly angling himself to be the bottom b but even in his story he could be any of the characters and the point would remain the same

damn my bad yall that vid is old

i thought it was relevant because of what he was talking about but **** it its old

lemme go look up what katt said about dave on 4k video dated yesterday or sooner

Watched both. Some of his stand up is brilliant to me and some is outright cringeworthy. There were elements in both specials that I liked and found funny. I began reading pimp a few months ago but never finished. Dude went through a lot early on in life.

Dave standup being cringeworthy? That's funny.

Word. I may have not found some things funny but cringeworthy? That word denotes feeling bad for the reaction and how his reach for a joke fell short.

Never seen a joke dave tell, that most in the audience didn’t laugh at.

If you haven’t peeped it, Comedy Central hasn’t been cashing in on Dave’s spotlight by posting a lot of his sketches on their YT

Those videos about how Hollywood tries to break people are crazy but not surprising. Look how the media has been trying to portray Kanye...

I watched both New Years Netflix specials but didn’t care much for Bird Revelation until Dave told that story toward the end. Hollywood really tried to play this guy to death and he wasn’t having it. Hats off to the walking legend.

Dave is just too good. Watched tucker and Gambino. They just can’t control the tempo. They be just talking loud. Dave. Is just cool about it.

I like that he checks into hotels under Charles Edward Cheese

IMG_5542.jpg

Both the specials were very good. I must say though, I didn’t really laugh much out loud. I found them both more interesting and entertaining than funny. Don’t get me wrong, I loved them both and I enjoyed them but whoever say this was like a therapy session was right. Tons of what he said was funny but the story telling was really where he shined. Classic Dave!

Really hit me in the feels when he started talking about Emmett till and the impact his murder made on society. Love that he can go that deep and still follow it up with a funny tag line at the end.

I haven’t really been in this thread but am I the only one that thinks that raspy *** voice he has now is hard to listen to? Sounds like dude has been smoking 3 packs a day since he left the Chappelle’s Show.

I haven’t really been in this thread but am I the only one that thinks that raspy *** voice he has now is hard to listen to? Sounds like dude has been smoking 3 packs a day since he left the Chappelle’s Show.

If he gets the jokes off, couldn’t care any less.

Back
Top Bottom