Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
When he goes back to referencing the dollhouse twice more is one of things I really like about Dave.

Oh and that Kanye MAGA shot had me weak.

OP, might as well remove that poll altogether.

Name any special that holds a candle to it in the last 5 years.
That's not how I define something as "classic", let alone "instant classic". Some of you guys are acting like this is "Killen them softly", "Delirious", "Bring the Pain". Those are classics, they stand the test of time. This isn't on that level. The subpar specials that have been released recently should not be the barometer of what is considered "classic", the standards are much higher.

Dave has the right to say whatever he wants, but him being a stand-up doesn't mean he gets to say it with impunity. People are well within their right to be upset at what he says. Dave has said so in interviews.
Just because they have a right doesn't mean their opinion is anywhere close to valid. A racist has a right to have racist thoughts but it doesn't give his opinion any credibility.

That's like going to ******* and getting upset and bashing ******* for showing me ****.

That's just it. Time is the test to determine a classic. How can we say that the day after? We are in the age of microwave everything. Then people want to jump to _______ didn't/did age well...lol.

Just because they have a right doesn't mean their opinion is anywhere close to valid. A racist has a right to have racist thoughts but it doesn't give his opinion any credibility.

That's like going to ******* and getting upset and bashing ******* for showing me ****.
Sorry, but nah

From the looks of it some criticisms of Dave are valid, some aren't. And sure some people are going overboard but there are good criticisms being made. If Dave wants to make punch down, and be flippant, he should be ready for backlash. Doing it for the sake of a laugh doesn't give him immunity from criticism. And by the looks of it he was prepared for it and knows his comments will elicit a negative response from reasonable people too. Hell given the promo of this special it he is kinda welcoming it.

Dave has the to tell his jokes. And people have the right have a wide variety of valid reactions to said jokes, even negative ones. Even Dave accepts this.

Seems like you just have a negative opinion about other people's negative opinions. And in all honesty, people that have such strong reactions to other people taking issue with stuff like this are being more reactionary than the folk they claim are being unreasonable.

Sorry, but nah

From the looks of it some criticisms of Dave are valid. Sure some people are going overboard but there are good criticisms being made. If Dave wants to make punch down, and be flippant, he should be ready for backlash.

He is tho. I get the feel that he's made up his mind that if he's going down, its not going to be for something old, or something halfway said in attempt to PC.

Not believing the MJ accusers is dumb as hell lol what a hill to die on

Imagine little boys spending time with , cuddling with, a 25, 30 year old and choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to the 30 year old. Lol

At the end of the day though, you have to take this as what it is, entertainment. People get so perturbed by what entertainers do and say, it’s funny lol

Honestly idc this is a classic to me

I NEVER like to go back and watch stand ups but i've hit up all my homies to watch this. It was that good

Not believing the MJ accusers is dumb as hell lol what a hill to die on

Imagine little boys spending time with , cuddling with, a 25, 30 year old and choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to the 30 year old. Lol

At the end of the day though, you have to take this as what it is, entertainment. People get so perturbed by what entertainers do and say, it’s funny lol
of course
dont believe folks who had a motive to get paid
to make up stories :rolleyes

As far as I'm concerned, Dream Hampton can forever eat a bag of dicks for accusing Nas of using ghostwriters on the Untitled album. She was popping off on Twitter cause she was salty that a random person asked her about Jay using ghostwriters. She dragged Nas' name in the dirt and claimed to have heard reference tracks. Nothing ever surfaced. If you're going to make claims like that, back it up.

Back
Top Bottom