Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm not good with this first act about child molestation....

That's not comedy.
Yeah this was mad uncomfortable and didn't sit well with me, but of course people in here cape for celebs/comedians: "you're supposed to feel uncomfortable" and all that bs. This one had some funny moments, i wasn't crazy about it though. Agreed that his story telling is top notch.

Dave is right...this "celebrity hunting season" is disgusting

I'm just glad that someone is finally standing up for these multimillionaires after they've been persecuted for so long

I think Dave (and also Seinfeld) are talking about comics in general. Most comics aren't rich and are just trying to get by. Guys like Dave can take those hits and still make money but the smaller guys can get blacklisted or lose gigs at colleges over how PC things are. So while he's defending himself, the broader message is that comics need some breathing room to tell jokes. Everybody lauds Pryor, Carlin, Eddie- in today's climate they would have been attacked on all sides.

I think Dave (and also Seinfeld) are talking about comics in general. Most comics aren't rich and are just trying to get by. Guys like Dave can take those hits and still make money but the smaller guys can get blacklisted or lose gigs at colleges over how PC things are. So while he's defending himself, the broader message is that comics need some breathing room to tell jokes. Everybody lauds Pryor, Carlin, Eddie- in today's climate they would have been attacked on all sides.

:lol: @ you falling for that bait

Not believing the MJ accusers is dumb as hell lol what a hill to die on

Imagine little boys spending time with , cuddling with, a 25, 30 year old and choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to the 30 year old. Lol

At the end of the day though, you have to take this as what it is, entertainment. People get so perturbed by what entertainers do and say, it’s funny lol
The thing is that there is another group that never gets discussed. The group that holds all kinds of ****ty opinions and doesn't take these jokes as entertainment. They take it has testament.

So the are not bemoaning outrage culture generally. They are bemoaning the fact someone can't voice ****ty opinions with impunity. So they look at dudes like Dave like he is their MLK. :lol:

When Dave is probably just trying to be outrageous as a comedic device.

Comedians inside of a comedy club environment should be able to to say whatever they want without having to deal with backlash. It’s comedy, if you get mad you don’t get it. One minute people will laugh at jokes at other people’s expense, then decide to be offended when the jokes hit home. It’s completely hypocritical.

[trans person] hahaha fat joke [/trans person]
[trans person] haha black joke [/trans person]
[trans person] *hears trans joke* HEY THATS NOT RIGHT [/trans person]

Anybody who's ever laughed at a joke at the expense of someone else has no right to be mad about what is being said in a comedy club, period.

Comedians inside of a comedy club environment should be able to to say whatever they want without having to deal with backlash. It’s comedy, if you get mad you don’t get it. One minute people will laugh at jokes at other people’s expense, then decide to be offended when the jokes hit home. It’s completely hypocritical.
Anyone can be offended for sure. But then don't go watch people who get paid to say and make fun of offensive things, you can easily avoid it.

This special was phenomenal, felt like vintage Chappelle. True comedic genius.

Reactions: God
Anyone can be offended for sure. But then don't go watch people who get paid to say and make fun of offensive things, you can easily avoid it.

This special was phenomenal, felt like vintage Chappelle. True comedic genius.

You're agreeing with me but I don' agree with the first part.

This did feel like vintage Chappelle, I agree.

This is just a bold reminder that you are allowed to have any feeling you want on a matter... in the long run the world isn't gonna stop because your "offended" for the past couple of years certain groups have been able to boost themselves off of playing moral police and trying to destroy people's entire lives off of what they've said. Dave has a voice big enough to challenge that in a unique way.

the bit of him not being able to say ****** but continually say ****** is valid
the transracial & transgender thing is valid

i think these bother people so much because these aren't some spur of the moment random hate filled attacks, but well thought out & intelligent ideas with valid reasoning. It makes those in cancel culture upset because these jokes brings their logic into question

Anybody who's ever laughed at a joke at the expense of someone else has no right to be mad about what is being said in a comedy club, period.

Nah.

Bill Burr knows how to nail black jokes.

Katt Willaims is so good with white jokes.

Dave killed it with the Cosby jokes.

Remember when George Lopez tried his hand at it?

Nah, not all jokes about race, sex, and religion are told correctly.

I'm not giving that blanket coverage to comedians.

Nah.

Bill Burr knows how to nail black jokes.

Katt Willaims is so good with white jokes.

Dave killed it with the Cosby jokes.

Remember when George Lopez tried his hand at it?

Nah, not all jokes about race, sex, and religion are told correctly.

I'm not giving that blanket coverage to comedians.

Its either all or none.

I agree with you. But i do believe tho people can get mad at whatever they feel like.( Everyone's a hyprocrit at some point. It comes with humanity) They can stop messing with Dave for whatever reason. I just don't like when ppl wanna "cancel" someone becuase they don't share the same perspective or was offended by a joke. Like, don't support the comedian then. Putting energy into creating a movement over something you ain't like, get, or wasn't for you or your taste, is just doing too much imo.

Show had a few killer moments. Overall thought it was good. But the epilogue was dope as hell.

Need to catch him live again.

Not believing the MJ accusers is dumb as hell lol what a hill to die on

Imagine little boys spending time with , cuddling with, a 25, 30 year old and choosing to give the benefit of the doubt to the 30 year old. Lol

At the end of the day though, you have to take this as what it is, entertainment. People get so perturbed by what entertainers do and say, it’s funny lol
Yeah that's the thing, it's not gospel, it's not right, it's comedy from the mind of someone who can't help but think of a joke no matter the situation because it's been his profession since he was a child. Folks can't dig so deeply and personally into it. Like Katt had this bit about the big bang vs God and as a joke from a comedian it's funny as hell to me, but in conversation it would be some of the dumbest **** i've heard.

The thing is that there is another group that never gets discussed. The group that holds all kinds of ****ty opinions and doesn't take these jokes as entertainment. They take it has testament.

So the are not bemoaning outrage culture generally. They are bemoaning the fact someone can't voice ****ty opinions with impunity. So they look at dudes like Dave like he is their MLK. :lol:

When Dave is probably just trying to be outrageous as a comedic device.
This too, a lot of ****ty people latch on comedy to try and justify their ****ty opinions when that's not the comedians intent. He kinda ran into that at the abortion bit and had to yell at dude "shut up *****", but you gotta do your art the way you want to.

Back
Top Bottom