Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
It's people watching comedy specials looking for **** to be offended about so they can write ****ty think pieces in order to draw attention to their trash websites.
The people that are actually offended I think are the minority that happened to be super loud.

A while back Bill Donohue was on a tv/radio tour trying to get someone fired for a joke about Catholics or something. He goes on a radio show and Louis C.K. happened to be on. Louis brings up an ep of his show that Bill wrote about saying it was offensive. Not only did Bill not remember writing it, dude admitted he has staff that write pieces and he just looks at it and approves it..... Didn't even watch the ep. That's when I realized that he's probably not the only one that does **** like that.

it was cool

just not his best work IMO

2005 dave was untouchable this kinda feels like jordan on the wizards

this special was like 7/10
his special in San Fran over a decade ago was 9/10
I agree with this. Not sure if I would call this an "Instant Classic." I think this just be the most talked of the last 3 that have been released.

I rewatched a good chunk of it again paying attention to the audience and the editing for this was EXCELLENT.

Dave had to have performed the special twice at least. Maybe 3 times. The crowd in the first few rows changes more than once.

Shorty in yellow to Dave's right disappears. There's a dude in the front row with a Flash shirt that isnt there at times. And as mentioned shorty in green and shorty in pink in the front row.

Damn no wonder why I couldn't find certain people when i was looking for them :lol:

I laughed my *** off this special.
Honestly the outcry against him has been annoying.
Same people that aren’t black and will laugh at his jokes about cops killing and sprinkling crack on black people and other things regarding their plight in America got a problem now. And probably will watch the Eddie Murphy special even though he exclusively called gay people ****** between his 2 major specials.

Tell'em
wow.png
selective sensitivity

Bruh I really didn't get the punchline there. Just didn't make sense to me.

I agree. It didn't make sense. She told him that he couldn't use a derogatory word for gays bc he's not gay which means he can use a derogatory word for blacks bc he is black. I love Dave but i rarely agree with him when he tries to make serious points.

I agree. It didn't make sense. She told him that he couldn't use a derogatory word for gays bc he's not gay which means he can use a derogatory word for blacks bc he is black. I love Dave but i rarely agree with him when he tries to make serious points.

The point he's making is that you can't just ban one word without banning other similar words and that he's not an N word so theoretically he shouldn't be able to say it either. He's drawing a distinction between being Black and being an N word, something that the lady in the story wasn't doing.

Charlemange/Shultz asked a question.

If making R. Kelly jokes is considered "normalizing" R. Kelly, why can't the same be considered about Trans/Gay jokes?

I am confused as to how yall didn't "get" that "joke."

Comedy is da satirical canary in da coal mine for social commentary, and we're in da tail end of "outrage political correctness culture"... People will point to this Dave Chapelle Sticks and Stones special as one of da cultural touch tones of when this "safe space my feelings" era's many soon to be nails were hammered in its coffin.

Comedy is da satirical canary in da coal mine for social commentary, and we're in da tail end of "outrage political correctness culture"... People will point to this Dave Chapelle Sticks and Stones special as one of da cultural touch tones of when this "safe space my feelings" era's many soon to be nails were hammered in its coffin.
You some modern day historian now?

Define, "Da Tail End............"

The point he's making is that you can't just ban one word without banning other similar words and that he's not an N word so theoretically he shouldn't be able to say it either. He's drawing a distinction between being Black and being an N word, something that the lady in the story wasn't doing.

If making R. Kelly jokes is considered "normalizing" R. Kelly, why can't the same be considered about Trans/Gay jokes?

I 100% understand what he's trying to say... That he's not a n word. The lady simply said that he's allowed to use the n word bc he's black.

I 100% understand what he's trying to say... That he's not a n word. The lady simply said that he's allowed to use the n word bc he's black.
:lol:

Yea, I would go back and rewatch it if I were you because he never said, "The lady simply said that he's allowed to use the n word bc he's black."

He left the joke open which was part of the punchline.

Define, "Da Tail End............"

#meetoo for example is a mere blip of what it once was...once you can caricature/parody a movement, its no longer alien or mystifying, so eventually deconstruction will take place and a new movement will appear...this Chappelle special is basically when Biggie rapped about how "Polka Dots were played out" effectively finish nailing da coffin of Kwame's career..but contrary to popular belief, da sentiment was already percolating... politics is da same way...

You some modern day historian now?

ol' V for Vendetta sounding ***

ill take those as compliments, sauteed in condescension no less 8)

You know exactly why they don't get it.

Dave himself made the same point in the portion after his stand-up where he said a trans gender person spoke to him about on how the jokes humanizes them

Watched it today after work and found it very entertaining. I can understand why people would be thrown off by the beginning stuff about MJ but I wasn't personally. It honestly felt too short cause when it was over I had no idea an hour and 20 minutes passed. The bit about Biden/Trump in the epilogue was hilarious

Last edited:

I don’t know how this was missed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom