Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
After Dave left the Chapelle show he said that he didn't want to be the conduit by which white people get to laugh AT black people.

Now after this special you have clowns arguing and using his comedy as a reason to be flippant and laugh at other groups.
Well it's a ****ed up situation cuz idiots are doing it.

Dave left Chappelle show cuz of that. Does anyone want him to leave standup cuz of this? If he ever feels that's the case thats probably exactly what he'll do. Not like he needs the money anymore.

But **** Dave may just decide time to get on his Eddie **** it wave and stop altogether and do a bunch of unsuccessful movies and/or random miniscule roles (he already started by being in A Star Is Born).

Well it's a ****ed up situation cuz idiots are doing it.

Dave left Chappelle show cuz of that. Does anyone want him to leave standup cuz of this? If he ever feels that's the case thats probably exactly what he'll do. Not like he needs the money anymore.

But **** Dave may just decide time to get on his Eddie **** it wave and stop altogether and do a bunch of unsuccessful movies and/or random miniscule roles (he already started by being in A Star Is Born).
Most people talking issue with him are not asking him to leave stand up. The are asking him to perform better material.

lol
Many, well all, comedians honor and cherish the legacy of Richard Pryor. The Black comedians who understand the racial dynamic that high paying audiences bring to the table, know what Richard went through in regard to his own conscience. Chappelle's recent dilemma rings eerily similar to that of what Pryor had to face, and I hope that Dave does not go the route that Pryor went in trying to deal with those personal demons. We lost Micheal Jackson AND Prince to same those forces, and I want to see Chappelle master and then maintain his vision regarding the absurd.

Most people talking issue with him are not asking him to leave stand up. The are asking him to perform better material.
Well then no. Better material is a matter of opinion.

If the point you want to bring to light is idiots using Dave as the conduit to laugh AT other minority groups just like last time with Dave and his show then Dave's solution would be to remain consistent and leave standup.

Cuz again instead of leaving Chappelle show he could've just came up with "better material" for the show.

Thats not how it works though. Doesn't really matter how better your jokes are if part of the point is to make light of other group's hypocrisies or contradictions or shortcomings or stereotypes. The ppl using it can still use them regardless cuz they're too dumb or don't give a **** about the actual point.

Ppl mad @ those ppl doing that need to get over it. It aint Dave's fault.

I'm 99%...No. I'm 100% sure that none of those people who feel that way are comedians, so they can keep that question to themselves, or come up with their own top-notch material, and produce a special for their "kind" to enjoy.

I'm 99%...No. I'm 100% sure that none of those people who feel that way are comedians, so they can keep that question to themselves, or come up with their own top-notch material, and produce a special for their "kind" to enjoy.

Are you a comedian?

Ahhhh uses this logic.

So if a restaurant serves you a bad meal then someone should not complain but open their own restaurant.

An airline loses your luggage, then start your own airline.

Dentist jacks up your root canal, go to dental school

Didn't like a movie, go make your own.

People have the right to be upset at things and ask for those that can do better, do better. Some of you dudes need to accept that.

Ahhhh uses this logic.

So if a restaurant serves you a bad meal then someone should not complain but open their own restaurant.

An airline loses your luggage, then start your own airline.

Dentist jacks up your root canal, go to dental school

Didn't like a movie, go make your own.

People have the right to be upset at things and ask for those that can do better, do better. Some of you dudes need to accept that.

I'm about this logic. You tell me a joke, and I don't find it funny, I don't laugh, and I move forward with life. I'm not getting a refund or a coupon from a comedian if they tell me a bad joke.

I'm about this logic. You tell me a joke, and I don't find it funny, I don't laugh, and I move forward with life.

And when I see others taking issue with a public figure I don't bemoan the fact they are doing so.

I move on with life.

See how it can work the other way?

It it kinda funny to me that it doesn't hit the dudes complaining about the complainers that they engaged in the same behavior they are bemoaning.

You have negative opinions about someone else's negative opinions. Just like the people that have negative opinions about Dave's negative opinions.

You are not above those people, you are the same.

And when I see others taking issue with a public figure I don't bemoan the fact they are doing so.

I move on with life.

It it kinda funny to me that it doesn't hit the dudes complaining about the complainers that they engaged in the same behavior they are bemoaning.

You have negative opinions about someone else's negative opinions. Just like the people that have negative opinions about Dave's negative opinions.

So you have a problem with Dave?

So you have a problem with Dave?
Do I personal have a major problem him, no. But there are legit issue people can take with him.

On aggregate I consider him a good actor and I feel generally he is a dude with his heart in the right place.

But he made some bad hot takes and made a bunch of wack punching down jokes and dudes acting like he should be above getting criticized. Even though it is clear he is baiting backlash.

The same thing is going on with Jay-Z and NFL situation. Because people are fans they feel the need to defend all the sucka **** someone does and take issue with those voicing displeasure.

Last edited:

I move on with life.

You will find this even funnier: It doesn't hit me, because I don't care lol. All i'm making is an observation. My opinion is only negative to you, because you perceive it that way. It has nothing to do with being "above" anybody. It's an opinion.

Well then no. Better material is a matter of opinion.

If the point you want to bring to light is idiots using Dave as the conduit to laugh AT other minority groups just like last time with Dave and his show then Dave's solution would be to remain consistent and leave standup.

Cuz again instead of leaving Chappelle show he could've just came up with "better material" for the show.

Thats not how it works though. Doesn't really matter how better your jokes are if part of the point is to make light of other group's hypocrisies or contradictions or shortcomings or stereotypes. The ppl using it can still use them regardless cuz they're too dumb or don't give a **** about the actual point.

Ppl mad @ those ppl doing that need to get over it. It aint Dave's fault.
How Dave decides to handle blowback is his choice and his only. Also there seem to be other motivating factors in his Chapelle show exit so it is not a clean one-to-one comparison with this.

Dave is not responsible for every ******* out there, he is responsible for his words. So to that end I don't think he should get all blame but I also think he should get a blanket pass for being a useful idiot.

And like I said before Dave got the right to joke about whatever he wants, but dude is not stupid. He even acknowledges backlash will come, so he is aware about the impact of his words. In one of his last special he voices regret for his words about Trump because of how poorly those comments aged and how people received them. So Dave is aware about how his words can be used to throw gas on a fire he does even support.

And yes better material is a matter of opinion but I refuse to believe that using tired Asian stereotypes, cringy child molestation jokes, flippant commentary about the LBGTQ community, and a old stupid *** argument about the WNBA and women's equality is the best Dave can do. Again he can joke about whatever he wants, but some of his jokes were kinda whack. I hardly any redeeming qualities about those jokes.

Dudes need to get over the fact that other people have the right to not like material and voice displeasure over it.

Last edited:
You will find this even funnier: It doesn't hit me, because I don't care lol. All i'm making is an observation. My opinion is only negative to you, because you perceive it that way. It has nothing to do with being "above" anybody. It's an opinion.
"Negative" in the context I used it means your disagree with something. As you notice I called the opinions of people disagreeing with Dave negative as well.

ninjahood ninjahood has allowed his worship of donald trump to rot his brain

"except virtue signaling pro crítics"
Ninja is the same person that said he was going to fly across the country to physically assault me. And offered to pay people to put their hands on me. He routinely reports anyone that mocks him to mods.

But he wanna complain about other people taking jokes too seriously. :lol: :lol:

How Dave decides to handle blowback is his choice and his only. Also there seem to be other motivating factors in his Chapelle show exit so it is not a clean one-to-one comparison with this.

Dave is not responsible for every ******* out there, he is responsible for his words. So to that end I don't think he should get all blame but I also think he should get a blanket pass for being a useful idiot.

And like I said before Dave got the right to joke about whatever he wants, but dude is not stupid. He even acknowledges backlash will come, so he is aware about the impact of his words. In one of his last special he voices regret for his words about Trump because of how poorly those comments aged and how people received them. So Dave is aware about how his words can be used to throw gas on a fire he does even support.

And yes better material is a matter of opinion but I refuse to believe that using tired Asian stereotypes, cringy child molestation jokes, flippant commentary about the LBGTQ community, and a old stupid *** argument about the WNBA and women's equality is the best Dave can do. Again he can joke about whatever he wants, but some of his jokes were kinda whack. I hardly any redeeming qualities about those jokes.

Dudes need to get over the fact that other people have the right to not like material and voice displeasure over it.
I tend to think Dave chose and crafted those jokes that way cuz they were simple and to the point being his intent was to be effective and funny about that topic.

Not every single Dave joke is going to land. I rarely find fart jokes funny and that aint change when Dave told one. I dont recall laughing much at the joke of a homeless guy jerking off on the bus holding everybody hostage but the humor for me was in the story structure and how he told it. To me that's why the child molestation, LBGTQ community, and WNBA joke still hit and resonated.

As for the lames championing Dave's jokes for their agenda hopefully in his next special he ****s on those guys directly.

Dave's last what 5 specials? have all been about him directly responding to ppl's reactions of his jokes and this new era. Im sure he'll eventually address the other side as well.

ninjahood ninjahood has allowed his worship of donald trump to rot his brain

"except virtue signaling pro crítics"

you're da only one here talking Presidents b...how bout stick to da script. :lol:

ill take da over 16k reviews of people adoring it over less than a dozen or so members of da press who clearly are exposing their nake bias.

you're da only one here talking Presidents b...how bout stick to da script. :lol:

ill take da over 16k reviews of people adoring it over less than a dozen or so members of da press who clearly are exposing their nake bias.

Cult 45 member claiming fake news.. shocking

Back
Top Bottom