Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
The Chinese bit would be different in the 50s. It would just be a display of stereotypes. Dave using those same stereotypes made a point about how ridiculous identity issues have gotten. And that people who believe they’re something else on the inside can come off looking crazy. You will never know what it’s like to be a man, woman, Asian person, Black person unless you are actually that. South Park has tackled this issue years ago too. Kyle wanted to get on the basketball team so he got surgery to turn into a taller Black kid. While his father wanted to be a dolphin so he got surgery for that. What really matters is that you find comfort in who you really are. Being something that you’re not comes at a big price.

We’ve seen Dave handle issues of race and differences within races numerous times on the chappelle in a more nuanced manner

Like the black bush sketch.. or the trading spouses sketch.. or the black what supremacist

Dave is mostly catching heat simply because he made fun of poor whites. That's the forbidden sin. How dare a rich black man make fun of poor white people. It just shatters the whole superiority/inferiority indoctrination Western society likes to impose.

Don't see what was so bad about the content or execution of chinese man trapped in a black man's body joke.

Paralleled why he finds the concept of trans ppl thinking they're one thing trapped in a different body funny and ****ed up. Same time made light of the whole Rachel Dolezal wanna be black situation without even having to mention her.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of users on NT have a flippant attitude when it comes to racism toward Asian folks

Blame the management. Once upon a time on NT you could get quite loose about other race, but if you went a little left about Asians, INSTANT DELETE.

IMO that was a bad impression of a bad impression. He sounded more like Tom Hardy’s Bane. I feel like if he really wanted to do an Asian stereotype, he could’ve executed better.

Dave is mostly catching heat simply because he made fun of poor whites.

tenor.gif

We really criticizing Dave's purposely crude stereotypical Asian impression? :lol:

That so many ppl are focusing on that it was an Asian impression seems to be missing the entire point of Dave's comparison and why he said it was both funny and ****ed up.

Last edited:
The Chinese bit would be different in the 50s. It would just be a display of stereotypes. Dave using those same stereotypes made a point about how ridiculous identity issues have gotten. And that people who believe they’re something else on the inside can come off looking crazy. You will never know what it’s like to be a man, woman, Asian person, Black person unless you are actually that. South Park has tackled this issue years ago too. Kyle wanted to get on the basketball team so he got surgery to turn into a taller Black kid. While his father wanted to be a dolphin so he got surgery for that. What really matters is that you find comfort in who you really are. Being something that you’re not comes at a big price.

This! People just wanna selectively react to the shock factor but not the underlying message. He was just pointing out how funny it is and if he was a black dude who wanted to be chinese because he felt it insiiiide many people would laugh at and ridicule him. So why should the trans feel entitled to be bulletproof? He's very nuanced and in the know about the subject of trans people and that has reaffirmed it to me with each Netflix special he's put out. Especially with the Car bit about the LGBTQ people just like they did with Chappelle's show from back then always miss the point and the message.

It's Dave Chappelle though, 30 year comedian we know. I don't get folks acting like he's coming from a mean spirited place all of a sudden. Also he mentioned running that bit by his Asian wife that disproved, so it's not like he's unaware. He intentionally used a hammy, terrible stereotype to drive the point of the joke home but seems like folks still missed it to harp on how it could offend someone.

Blame the management. Once upon a time on NT you could get quite loose about other race, but if you went a little left about Asians, INSTANT DELETE.

That's a poor excuse

What percentage of the current NT population was even posting back then?

We really criticizing Dave's purposely crude stereotypical Asian impression? :lol:

That so many ppl are focusing on that it was an Asian impression seems to be missing the entire point of Dave's comparison and why he said it was both funny and ****ed up.
Exactly.

That bit about him being able to say the N word and not being able to say the F word really speaks volumes. People picking and choosing what to be mad at. Type of people to point the finger but hate when it's being pointed back at you

Same people who were "offended" by that Asian impression, not only did they miss the point, they were probably laughing at his opening impression of the founding fathers, the alphabet people joke and so forth. Picking and choosing. I can laugh at you but you can't laugh at me

Last edited:
I’m more bothered by those who have and are now going use Dave as some sort of champion for their BS

As I said, we’ve seen Dave handle difficult issues before

The amount of alt-right people siding with him is honestly and using his bit as justification is alarming. He's not fighting for them mfs

Kanye is a great example

Dude went from ending Michael Myers to being invited to the White House with this crew

Was Dave in the wrong when he axed Chappelle's Show because certain people were taking the wrong things from his comedy?

Yeah, I have and just like his show from back them people are missing the message.
And there's nothing that can be done about that. People are going to use what he has to say for whatever they want to because they've been doing it.

Back
Top Bottom