Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Racist white people have been using his comedy wrong since the Chappelle Show. Nothing worth caring about. Your focus on the wrong thing if that's the issue

Nah, they used Stephen colbert’s comedy wrongly even going as far as having him host the correspondence dinner

Now, they just want to let as much shh slide so they can be allowed to slide

Chapelle show outlined a lot of the hypocrisy.. but like the show Atlanta, it wasn’t convenient for the stupid.. or like the colbert report, where they weren’t smart enough to realie they were the butt of the joke

Racist white people have been using his comedy wrong since the Chappelle Show. Nothing worth caring about. Your focus on the wrong thing if that's the issue

52BC9470-5DBB-4130-91E9-E5B0946B1505.gif

Was Dave in the wrong when he axed Chappelle's Show because certain people were taking the wrong things from his comedy?

Dude specifically spoke of why he canceled the show and you can see it in the few sketches that came out in that 3rd season

Or can even see the messages whoever was taking from boondocks when the season without mcgruder came out

What’s disappointing is Dave specifically references the “magic pixie” sketch and role it played in him leaving over a decade ago..

And yet here we are

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1061512-6,00.html
“The third season hit a big speed bump in November 2004. He was taping a sketch about magic pixies that embody stereotypes about the races.

The black pixie—played by Chappelle—wears blackface and tries to convince blacks to act in stereotypical ways. Chappelle thought the sketch was funny, the kind of thing his friends would laugh at. But at the taping, one spectator, a white man, laughed particularly loud and long. His laughter struck Chappelle as wrong, and he wondered if the new season of his show had gone from sending up stereotypes to merely reinforcing them. "When he laughed, it made me uncomfortable," says Chappelle. "As a matter of fact, that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take f______ time out after this. Because my head almost exploded."”

What’s disappointing is Dave specifically references the “magic pixie” sketch and role it played in him leaving over a decade ago..

And yet here we are

“The third season hit a big speed bump in November 2004. He was taping a sketch about magic pixies that embody stereotypes about the races.

The black pixie—played by Chappelle—wears blackface and tries to convince blacks to act in stereotypical ways. Chappelle thought the sketch was funny, the kind of thing his friends would laugh at. But at the taping, one spectator, a white man, laughed particularly loud and long. His laughter struck Chappelle as wrong, and he wondered if the new season of his show had gone from sending up stereotypes to merely reinforcing them. "When he laughed, it made me uncomfortable," says Chappelle. "As a matter of fact, that was the last thing I shot before I told myself I gotta take f______ time out after this. Because my head almost exploded."”

Its just like what they did with boondocks and another reason as to why McGruder left the show

And yet they are still going to use him as an excuse conveniently for their BS

Look at ninjahood ninjahood in here

speaking of people missing da point.. >D

Dave Chappelle and Comedy in general are equal opportunity offenders.

you can't pick and choose what to is "crossing da line"

da Chef from south park had no problem with da show until da cross hairs was on Scientology...then he was like "im out" nah...weak sauce b.

PC culture can't dictate what your supposed to laugh at and what's outta bounds.

speaking of people missing da point.. >D

Dave Chappelle and Comedy in general are equal opportunity offenders.

you can't pick and choose what to is "crossing da line"

da Chef from south park had no problem with da show until da cross hairs was on Scientology...then he was like "im out" nah...weak sauce b.

PC culture can't dictate what your supposed to laugh at and what's outta bounds.

You Dominican or Puerto Rican?

Cause either way, maybe focus on dealing why way too many of your people refuse to admit they’re black

And yet here we are

Comparison doesn't match. You're trying to make a comparison between an issue of racism versus PC culture.

Also nevermind the fact that he felt like that 15 years ago. He clearly doesn't care now how people respond to his jokes. Otherwise, he wouldn't tell them.

Comparison doesn't match. You're trying to make a comparison between an issue of racism versus PC culture.

Also nevermind the fact that he felt like that 15 years ago. He clearly doesn't care now how people respond to his jokes. Otherwise, he wouldn't tell them.

i didn't think that had to be explained :lol:

You Dominican or Puerto Rican?

Cause either way, maybe focus on dealing why way too many of your people refuse to admit they’re black

That **** goes both ways. A lot of Dominicans don't acknowledge their Blackness and a lot of Black people don't see them as Black. And I think the barrier is the Latin culture and Spanish itself. If Dominicans spoke some form of creole or patois, I think they would be accepted more here as being Black. That Spanish part is the curveball for everyone. I myself am Dominican and I acknowledge that I am part of the African diaspora because I know my history and because I descend from people with darker complexions, some of which were from Haiti or St. Kitts.

I've lived in Flushing most of my life. And I have seen Asians get disrespected and discriminated against for being Asian. I've literally heard, many times, people tell Asians in Flushing "go back to your country". Having said that, being a non-Asian in a place that has gotten progressively Asian over time, also puts you at the receiving end of their own prejudices. So before we start screaming about who's wrong and who's right, we all have to look in the mirror.

Last edited:

Who the F is talking about any PC culture

I’ve always spoken of aspects I didn’t think were necessary

Ive never actually met a Chinese person who acted in the manner Dave depicted, however I’ve seen that stereotypical sh he did since I first started watching tv

However, far right white folks are using the catch all phrase ‘PC’ to now be a catch all to say whatever the hell you want which is a pretty slippery slope given what they ultimately really wanna say

It’s why they get worked up about getting called cracker because they really wanna be able to say a certain word or words

That **** goes both ways. A lot of Dominicans don't acknowledge their Blackness and a lot of Black people don't see them as Black. And I think the barrier is the Latin culture and Spanish itself. If Dominicans spoke some form of creole or patois, I think they would be accepted more here as being Black. That Spanish part is the curveball for everyone. I myself am Dominican and I acknowledge that I am part of the African diaspora because I know my history and because I descend from people with darker complexions, some of which were from Haiti or St. Kitts.

I've lived in Flushing most of my life. And I have seen Asians gets disrespected and discriminated against for being Asian. I've literally heard, many times, people tell Asians in Flushing "go back to your country". Having said that, being a non-Asian in a place that has gotten progressively Asian over time, also puts you at the receiving end of their own prejudices. So before we start screaming about who's wrong and who's right, we all have to look in the mirror.

Yea, race issues are complex.. even within races

A lot of people have hang ups, unfortunately

And the more I travel the more I get exposed to different races and cultures.. the more I appreciate and get and also why I try not to be quick to judge because I have no clue the struggle someone else may be going through

For example, I dated a Chinese girl here in the Bahamas.. and I never fully appreciated the sh that got said to them or about them and comfort level people feel letting that shh fly.. meanwhile we’re well aware of the racism we face and the shh white people do and say and power they wield

Also learned a crap ton on what goes on within the various Asian races and who looks down on who and all that

Agree with Ricky there, tired of the comedians that whine about it all the time but they're still out there doing their jokes. Andrew Schulz is good for that.

I’m more bothered by those who have and are now going use Dave as some sort of champion for their BS

As I said, we’ve seen Dave handle difficult issues before
After Dave left the Chapelle show he said that he didn't want to be the conduit by which white people get to laugh AT black people.

Now after this special you have clowns arguing and using his comedy as a reason to be flippant and laugh at other groups.

Back
Top Bottom