Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Bomani was on twitter saying Dave is the goat and he’s the main person he’s studied over the years.

Edit:
F572A7F0-833B-4976-9B97-EFA9E6B53441.jpeg

Apparently black women twitter is outraged that Dave did not mention any names of black women that experienced police brutality.
Homie said it best it’s the worst time to be a celeb.

a lot of Americans have been asking me ¨omg what´s happening?¨ and I´m like ¨what didn´t happen last time.¨

a couple of nice white folks actually invited me to write about it on their website and now people hate me :smile:

(context: I live abroad and was a tourism influencer man before the world ended)

...guess a blog post wasn´t peaceful enough of a protest.

I've told you plenty in NTWT that I love and appreciate your writing, man. Your take is always appreciated (except maybe the dog thing :lol:). This one took balls to put out on that specific platform, and kudos to you for not holding back. Hope that truth doesn't hurt your livelihood down there too much.

Thanks for sharing and enjoyed the read cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 !!

a lot of Americans have been asking me ¨omg what´s happening?¨ and I´m like ¨what didn´t happen last time.¨

a couple of nice white folks actually invited me to write about it on their website and now people hate me :smile:

(context: I live abroad and was a tourism influencer man before the world ended)

...guess a blog post wasn´t peaceful enough of a protest.

Its him and Bomani Jones..... they have a way of taking complicated situations and breaking them down for the masses to understand.

Truly gifted individuals.

Bomani got words like that? Damn I’m schleep

Bomani Jones has been the best that ESPN has to offer for quite sometime( even though, in my opinion, they don't appreciate him). The Right Time podcast and The Evening Jones (his podcast outside of sports) is always quality, laughs and perspectives one may not see at the first glance...

Apparently black women twitter is outraged that Dave did not mention any names of black women that experienced police brutality.

They get angry at everything. They look at an excuse to be angry, even to the point of being upset he attacked Candace Owens.

Twitter isn't reality. Twitter is the unhappiest of the unhappy and angriest of the angry. That's who chooses to complain and vent all day.

Seeing folks 'all lives matter'ing an impromptu and spontaneous set straight from the heart and focusing more on what wasn't said than what was has been ridiculous to see on sm.

Some folks couldn't wait to overlook the substance of what he was saying to thinkpiece about any omissions.

It's annoying that any angle or thoughts/discussion which centers black men, a rarity in the first place but especially understandable for a topic where they make up an overwhelming percentage of the victims as a group, is somehow worthy of outrage and scorn when the same sort of reaction never happens when other groups get centered :smh:

Literally proving his point about folks obsession with celebs speaking out right in real time :lol:

You have to also keep in mind, we all fall prey to this, just because a small minority of people are very vocal on the internet does not mean that’s how the majority of that group feels.

The internet and social media can distort reality and what the public actually thinks. Sometimes that small minority looks like the majority because of how vocal they are. But in reality, it’s just a very small portion just engaging back and forth making it seem like the popular opinion.

I remember seeing Chapelle in Washington Square park back in the nineties, when there were many comedians out there getting paid through the passing of the hat. His comedy had always made white people feel comfortable, even back then. You had comedians out there by the name of Charlie Barnett, Albert Owens, those who understood Greenwich Village and the crowd of that time. Chappelle still has that thing that makes white people feel comfortable and while he is funny? The wrong people like Candace Owens will dig him when he does not directly address them. He said something about a stinky cooch, and that will have men guffaw, and then indiscriminately use the term because they find it funny. It is, but what was funnier was how he described how she can describe how stupid she is, precisely. The stinky cooch joke seems cheap in comparison. You gotta think, in order to get the precise comment. I get that this was more of a riff, emotional release, and being a Black man? Yeah. I’ve been ready to retaliate. But I prefer DL Hugley. Not the greatest, but he does not try and make white people feel comfortable, at all.

Yeah, Chappelle does seem really "square", for lack of better words. I guess that's what makes his stuff so easy to digest for non-black folks (this is coming from a huge fan btw). That's why Paul Mooney is in my top 3 ever - he sounds like one of my relatives, pulling no punches :lol:

Oh, and I see a lot of people mentioning Carlin in the same breath as Chappelle...as a (relatively) young guy, I checked out some of his stuff. As a black man, I'll NEVER be comfortable with a white man rattling *the n-word* off on stage, no matter the purpose or point.

Yeah, Chappelle does seem really "square", for lack of better words. I guess that's what makes his stuff so easy to digest for non-black folks (this is coming from a huge fan btw). That's why Paul Mooney is in my top 3 ever - he sounds like one of my relatives, pulling no punches :lol:

Oh, and I see a lot of people mentioning Carlin in the same breath as Chappelle...as a (relatively) young guy, I checked out some of his stuff. As a black man, I'll NEVER be comfortable with a white man rattling *the n-word* off on stage, no matter the purpose or point.
Considering that Mooney used to write for Richard Pryor? Yeah, Mooney is legit.

I was on YouTube the other day and didn’t realize Mooney was slowly getting canceled for accusations.

And Dave. Those getting upset just reinforce his last set Sticks and Stone. I doubt he was intentionally trying to omit black women or remove them from the narrative. Especially in light of recent events.

Back
Top Bottom