Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
As much as Grimes is to blame, posting up with a bunch of people you’re not quarantined with while the virus is running wild across the country is not smart. Hopefully Dave doesn’t have any serious symptoms.

Wow. My boy (who was exposed to someone who had covid on new year. I'm assuming he tested negative) hit me up last week to see if I wanted to attend one of the shows. Crazy that Dave may have caught it here.

I echo his sentiments and been saying that. It's primarily the mediocre white comedians that weren't that good when they thought they could say anything complaining the most.

I echo his sentiments and been saying that. It's primarily the mediocre white comedians that weren't that good when they thought they could say anything complaining the most.

I posted that in here because chapelle while obviously still hilarious and a genius, is part of the problem

He doesn’t need the trans jokes.. it’s punching down

when I see joe rogan say something stupid or encourage stupidity, it doesn’t surprise me

but from chapelle, it’s hard for me to see the need

I posted that in here because chapelle while obviously still hilarious and a genius, is part of the problem

when I see joe rogan say something stupid or encourage stupidity, it doesn’t surprise me

They're definitely needed.

Dave isn't just making random insults and weak gay jokes about the trans community. He's not demanding the right to say heshe or something stupid

He's discussing the concept and digging in to the whole idea of it whether its circumstantial or day to day life ****.

It's just that community like many others are overly sensitive about it given the lack of respect and other issues they face.

I think jokes can be told, as jokes can be told about anyone

but it’s how you do it

put yourself or your kids in that person’s shoes and really give some thought to what is being said

chapelle just has to look at his own words when he was addressing why he quit his show and how he felt his material was being perceived by certain people

if I’m not one of that group, who am I to say someone is being “overly sensitive“

If he has an otherwise valid and decent joke that just happens to revolve around a sensitive topic such as transgenders he shouldn't make it just because it's a sensitive topic? I think that's people's problem with that "culture" but even then, it don't apply to Dave because like Katt said, cancel culture doesn't work on actual important legends like Dave, it's usually just internet *****ing and moaning.

I get what Katt is tryna say and for the most part he's right, you probably aren't funny if you NEED to make jokes that **** on marginalized people to get a laugh but I don't see how that applies to Chappelle.

What's the joke here that goes over the line? Seems like people just don't want him to touch the topic at all regardless if he's making jokes or insulting them.

See I don't see them so much as trans jokes but just about the ability to tell jokes. He'll lead off with black jokes, then white jokes, then 1 joke including trans and that becomes the talk. He makes his point by doing that. It seems like anytime white men relate to any marginalized group they dictate the response.

And no this isn't an invitation for anti trans folks. Probably shouldn't have posted because it will be stripped of nuance and perverted anyways, but everyone should know I never start from a place of prejudice.

You can discuss sensitive topics, you just gotta actually do it well

but I ain’t going consider someone sensitive for being offended by offensive shh

chapelle himself had to reevaluate shh when he realized he was being laughed at and not with

and none of this is new

I’m neither Asian or gay, but I look at the shh society blatantly let slide from my childhood.. and while society has improved ALOT blatant racist and homophobic shh still slides

and someone being of that community shouldn’t even be a pass because history is full of people willing to sell out their people.. Candice Owens gets paid for a reason

I think a lot of cancel culture is terrible people especially white men, not used to being in a place of power. They want to control how someone feels about what they consider offensive or not, and not having the power to do so must be frustrating.

Trump MAGAdom gave many of these idiots a glimpse of a life where being a sh6tty human being is normalized.

Last edited:
Cancel culture is the dumbest shh to me

it’s dealing with the consequences of your actions

and for those ‘being canceled’ if they actually acknowledged what they did was wrong and apologized, things would be cool

but THAT seems too much for some folk

but the Washington football team is the most obvious example of all that mess.. ain’t hard to figure out how offensive and the intent of that name.. but it was all cool because it’s a group in society with very little power and even other minorities didn’t stand on the principal.. and finally the money talked which forced change

End of the day, Katt was right. Who has been cancelled that we all want back? :nerd:

Nobody is that big of a R. Kelly fan.

I think jokes can be told, as jokes can be told about anyone

but it’s how you do it

put yourself or your kids in that person’s shoes and really give some thought to what is being said

chapelle just has to look at his own words when he was addressing why he quit his show and how he felt his material was being perceived by certain people

if I’m not one of that group, who am I to say someone is being “overly sensitive“
Well if that's the case, if you don't like it don't listen.

When Dave felt a type of way about the jokes on the show, he stopped doing the show. He didn't bother to change it all or stop doing one thing. He just left the show.

Its the same thing.

It'd not like those type of jokes stopped being told.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom