Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Dude posted the article to show complaints cancel culture aren't legitimate because he's not the one getting canceled.

And then post a link to the story along with the identity markers of the person who got fired to add moral weight to the argument. Aka The true victims are marginalized people.

But you click the article and it's not clear at all the she's been fired unjustly.

He disengensouly framed a story to butress his claim about the real victims of "cancel culture"

Ok that makes more sense.

However I will say, the race of the employee does create difficulties for the people who want to claim on principle they were defending Dave because he was a black man getting railroaded by the cancel culture mob

If the employee did get unjustly terminated, on principle those same folk should have a massive issue with that

The employee is scared for their name to come out, over the fear of mob harassment. So even if she was justly fired, again, people should on principle have an issue with Dave fans mobbing the employee.

But like I said before, I'm predicting a whole bunch of indifference on those points

Last edited:
Intent doesn't matter.

Internal company metrics ended up in some news article. At the very least said person was reckless with private company information. That's enough to get fired.

Where it ended up is why the accusation is "leaking".

Last edited:
Intent doesn't matter.

Internal company metrics ended up in some news article. At the very least said person was reckless with private company information. That's enough to get fired.

Where it ended up is why the accusation is "leaking".
Netflix is the one that said they fired the employee for leaking the info. They gave a reason for the termination

If just sharing it with fellow employees was the reason for termination, then Netflix should have said so

Netflix is the one that said they fired the employee for leaking the info. They gave a reason for the termination

If just sharing it with fellow employees was the reason for termination, then Netflix should have said so
Well here's the thing, if their official reason os leaking then that's exactly what the person did.

I mean think about the difference you're trying to point out. Sharing information with "fellow employees". The **** is that? Off rip if you can't access the info for yourself as an employee that points to the info not even being for your station within the company or its simply above your pay grade. So if some other employee that does give it to you that is tantamount to leaking.

That'd be like if an admin shared information about a niketalker's previous NT accounts and ip address with you then it ended up on an entirely different site. Y'all can't use the excuse that the admin was sharing info with a fellow niketalker. That **** is leaking.
can’t cancel Dave so people so people coming for Netflix
Too big to fail.

It'd concentrated effort from like Amazon or Apple to back taking netflix down.

Well here's the thing, if their official reason os leaking then that's exactly what the person did.

I mean think about the difference you're trying to point out. Sharing information with "fellow employees". The **** is that? Off rip if you can't access the info for yourself as an employee that points to the info not even being for your station within the company or its simply above your pay grade. So if some other employee that does give it to you that is tantamount to leaking.

That'd be like if an admin shared information about a niketalker's previous NT accounts and ip address with you then it ended up on an entirely different site. Y'all can't use the excuse that the admin was sharing info with a fellow niketalker. That **** is leaking.
Yeah sorry but I don't really agree with these analogies

In many workplaces, IT configures certain people to have access to certain drives given their job deputies and to prevent outside hackers. The more access everyone has, then it is easier for an outside agent to gain access to any company files. It is a security thing as well. That is how it is set up at my job.

However other departments can request the data from the departments and it is cool. A lot of my day is answering data request. Granted another company might have its own reason for doing its own thing but I don't think it is a universal rule that someone not having direct access to something means they are not allowed to ever see the data.

Also, Admins are staff at NT. We are like its customers. A reg poster on NT is not an employee by NT, not on staff, not on the same level as an admin. I don't see the parallels to the Netflix situation

If sharing company info was other employees was the reason for termination, then Netflix should just say so. But they said it was giving it to the press as the reason.

So I am not gonna look for a justification for Netflix outside of what they themselves are saying.

Yeah sorry but I don't really agree with these analogies

In many workplaces, IT configures certain people to have access to certain drives given their job deputies and to prevent outside hackers. The more access everyone has, then it is easier for an outside agent to gain access to any company files. It is a security thing as well. That is how it is set up at my job.

However other departments can request the data from the departments and it is cool. A lot of my day is answering data request. Granted another company might have its own reason for doing its own thing but I don't think it is a universal rule that someone not having direct access to something means they are not allowed to ever see the data.

Also, Admins are staff at NT. We are like its customers. A reg poster on NT is not an employee by NT, not on staff, not on the same level as an admin. I don't see the parallels to the Netflix situation

If sharing company info was other employees was the reason for termination, then Netflix should just say so. But they said it was giving it to the press as the reason.

So I am not gonna look for a justification for Netflix outside of what they themselves are saying.
If you want to pretend one person in a department requested info from another, it was approved, and then when they shared it, they got fired for it, okay :lol:

Its pretty obvious that's not the case. Whoever the person gave info they were not suppose to do that. That's why they got fired.

You're trying to say it matters or changes things if the other party was also a Netflix employee. I'm saying its still leaking info unless you happen to know its common practice at netflix offices for employees to freely share internal info with no restrictions and Netflix only switched up cuz the info got out.

There's no justification to look for when what they said is what happened.

As for my analogy you could change regular niketalker to a niketalk mod for it to better apply in this situation or simply another niketalk admin that is not as active.

Amazing how we went from “why should we stand up for anybody who doesn’t stand up for us?” to “well I’m sure that Netflix had a good reason for firing that Black woman organizing a labor action.“
When it comes to standing up for something and breaking rules or laws for a good cause you should stand by what you did when the consequences are due.

It's not even 'I'm sure they had a good reason'. It's 'of course you got fired for doing that', you should've expected that and accounted for it in your next move as you continue to organize this labor action.

If you want to pretend one person in a department requested info from another, it was approved, and then when they shared it, they got fired for it, okay :lol:

Its pretty obvious that's not the case. Whoever the person gave info they were not suppose to do that. That's why they got fired.

You're trying to say it matters or changes things if the other party was also a Netflix employee. I'm saying its still leaking info unless you happen to know its common practice at netflix offices for employees to freely share internal info with no restrictions and Netflix only switched up cuz the info got out.

There's no justification to look for when what they said is what happened.

As for my analogy you could change regular niketalker to a niketalk mod for it to better apply in this situation or simply another niketalk admin that is not as active.

When it comes to standing up for something and breaking rules or laws for a good cause you should stand by what you did when the consequences are due.

It's not even 'I'm sure they had a good reason'. It's 'of course you got fired for doing that', you should've expected that and accounted for it in your next move as you continue to organize this labor action.

Not pretending anything, just not gonna give, or accept, a defense for Netflix that they themselves aren't even using

Yeah sorry, just can't rock with your argument

It is what it is I guess

Not pretending anything, just not gonna give Netflix a defense they themselves aren't even using

Yeah sorry, just can't rock with your argument

It is what it is I guess
It's just the reason Netflix gave. I can't really call it an argument. Especially when you're saying Netflix should say what really happened.

The main disagreement seems to be that you think it matters that info was shared with a fellow employee and that I don't see a difference given what happened.

Is it cuz the other person hasn't been fired yet?

I just watched the special, it was fire just like his other ones. When you not worried about peoples feelings and have substance in your comedy you can never run outta material. He broke down everything and answered any questions people might have so the people who act offended are just doing it to make noise.

When you not begging to be in hollywood movies and commercials they can't cancel you. They can't take something you not asking for. That's why they can control Kevin Hart.

Organizing labor action against your employer and (edit: allegedly) leaking employers confidential information while still cashing said employers checks?

giphy (1).gif

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...

-the purpose of the walkout isn't to remove the special
-they want executives to stop 'pretending' transphobia is media has no effect on society
-want a warning that states the special and others like it are transphobic
-wants to NFLX to promote (via algorithm?) other trans content that is not considered offensive (to who?)

Tara Field a Netflix Staffer-
"A place can't be a good place to work if you have to betray their community to do so" - can you hear my eye-roll from here?!

Wait…this is still a thing? I thought everyone was too caught up in Squid Games to still care about Dave’s special?

So let me get this straight...

-the purpose of the walkout isn't to remove the special
-they want executives to stop 'pretending' transphobia is media has no effect on society
-want a warning that states the special and others like it are transphobic
-wants to NFLX to promote (via algorithm?) other trans content that is not considered offensive (to who?)

Tara Field a Netflix Staffer-
"A place can't be a good place to work if you have to betray their community to do so" - can you hear my eye-roll from here?!
A warning sounds plausible even though the people that are mad watched the chappelle special knowing what it was gonna be

I personally don't watch comedy to be offended, but I understand the workers who feel slighted. Posting provocative content doesn't mean freedom from consequences and backlash and son spent 2/3 of the special talking about them. They should sit down and discuss exactly what it is they want (I've noticed no one has a goal or plan of action).

I do want to stage a protest against Theo Von's new special though, that trailer is so awful I can only imagine how bad the whole special is. Then I just know he's going to flip his awfulness into being because "white men can't say anything and are under attack" instead of just being a bad comedian.

I personally don't watch comedy to be offended, but I understand the workers who feel slighted. Posting provocative content doesn't mean freedom from consequences and backlash and son spent 2/3 of the special talking about them. They should sit down and discuss exactly what it is they want (I've noticed no one has a goal or plan of action).

I understand finding it offensive.
I get if you wanna demonstrate.

I don't really understand someone wanting media conglomerates to only show content that aligns with their politics.

...and then choosing to work for netflix.

you can watch all types of conservative nonsense on Netflix.

Netflix signed a big money deal to get Duck Dynasty, they are super anti-LGBT,
You can watch Dinesh D'Souza documentaries on Netflix.

If this is really a big problem it seems like working at netflix should have been a non-starter in the first place.

I don't really understand someone wanting media conglomerates to only show content that aligns with their politics.
Yeah I don't think anyone wants that, sometimes folks just want to have the conversation and to be heard. That would be absurd if that is what they wanted, but again I haven't heard any actual tangible request from anyone on any side.

Back
Top Bottom