Dave Chappelle Netflix Specials

Which Special Did You Like The Most?

• The Age of Spin

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Deep in the Heart of Texas

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
Is this in response to my post too? You seem to be alluding to it

Because this seems you are kinda straw-manning of the other side a bit to make your argument here if this is in reference to what I said at the end of my post

Just want to know, because I don't want to spend time addressing this argument if it wasn't in reference to me

nah im talking about the post with all the newspaper clippings, with references to blackface ect

What I hear when other groups (insert non black group here) compare themselves to Black people in America...

Everyone seems to feel its Ok to use Black people as the measuring stick with no regard at all for Black people themselves.

"Jokes are violence"

turns on radio...

"I just killed my ops gang gang gang better not come on my block gang gang gang"

Pew Pew Bang Bang Twerk Twerk

"DaBaby shot and killed a [man] in Walmart in North Carolina. Nothing bad happened to his career," the Emmy Award-winner continued. "Do you see where I'm going with this? In our country, you can shoot and kill a [man], but you better not hurt a gay person's feelings."

Dababy ain't shoot and kill a white man in Walmart. See where I'm going with this..

Religion is just as important as race in the US. In many ways, they are even intertwined.

In fact, it is incomplete to tell the history of the US with no mention of the influence that religious dogma has had on the country's identity, and it is from our religious understanding of genders and gender roles that arises the issue of LGBT acceptance and LGBT rights.

In the mythical tale of America, the strong male figure matters just as much as the race of that figure.

Religion as potent a force in American like is still not race in America.
Neither is sex.

I think it's really silly to pretend otherwise.

I think in that ESPN OJ documentary they make this point;
white prosecutors couldn't understand why black women who were domestic violence women continued to back OJ.

Race trumps sex.

this does not mean that nothing non race related can be offensive, im just saying that race will always have a unique place and the minds of most Americans.

also im being totally consistent.

Im cool with Louis CK's nword bit.
im cool with sara silvermans black face bit,
Im cool with RDJ black face bit in tropic thunder.

I don't love either of these bits (other than downey that **** is still hilarious)

but I personally don't have a problem with comedians using offensive imagery and language,
in the context of comedy.

and whatever offense I feel I don't think it should be scrubbed from streaming services.

as i said previously in this thread, i have a serious problem with certain people comparing minor inconveniences, like the wearing of a mask to do certain things, to the atrocities of our history

however, as a black person, i have a tremendous amount of empathy of the struggles of others

it isnt that long ago where the system itself had legit issues with a person of my race marrying the person they love based upon their skin color.. hell there are people today who still take umbrage

sooo when i see the fight that gay and lesbian people have to be able to marry the person they love, i dont judge them.. i have empathy for them because if i was born a few decades earlier, i could be fighting the same struggles that i witness them fighting

“This film that I made was invited to every film festival in the United States and some of those invitations I accepted. When this controversy came out about ‘The Closer,’ they began disinviting me from these film festivals,” Chappelle claimed. “And now, today, not a film company, not a movie studio, not a film festival, nobody will touch this film. Thank God for Ted Sarandos and Netflix, he’s the only one that didn’t cancel me yet.”

why are these specific jokes/views/discrimination being compared to racism? why are we comparing being transgender to racism? dont you have any other form of discrimination you can compare it to? or is it JUST racism?
What I hear when other groups (insert non black group here) compare themselves to Black people in America...

As human beings, we rely on comparing and contrasting the things we observe to establish patterns that allow us to navigate the world better and/or shape it how we want.

Asking that question is like asking why we should compare dogs and dolphins as mammals.

Black issues and LGBT issues are social movements.
Specifically, they are social movements that challenged the social hierarchy in the US. We could compare LGBT issues to the movement for US independence, but the second civil rights movement has the distinction of being the largest and most transformative event of this nature in recent memory.

It's a standard. African intellectuals compared their struggle for independence from colonial powers to it; South Africans compared their apartheid struggle to it; Palestinians compare their struggle for recognition to it. Wherever you go, you will find oppressed minorities (which goes beyond race btw: speaking the wrong language can be bad for your safety; just ask the Kurds) draw from the American CRM and its tactics and personalities.

And now, you guys are mad for having set a standard? :lol:

As human beings, we rely on comparing and contrasting the things we observe to establish patterns that allow us to navigate the world better and/or shape it how we want.

Asking that question is like asking why we should compare dogs and dolphins as mammals.

Specifically, they are social movements that challenged the social hierarchy in the US. We could compare LGBT issues to the movement for US independence, but the second civil rights movement has the distinction of being the largest and most transformative event of this nature in recent memory.

It's a standard. African intellectuals compared their struggle for independence from colonial powers to it; South Africans compared their apartheid struggle to it; Palestinians compare their struggle for recognition to it. Wherever you go, you will find oppressed minorities (which goes beyond race btw: speaking the wrong language can be bad for your safety; just ask the Kurds) draw from the American CRM and its tactics and personalities.

Like I said earlier, why racism?

What's wrong with comparing it to other forms of discrimination like mental disability, physical disability, age discrimination, or how about even this current discrimination against abortion?

All non-racist forms of discrimination, is it because certain people feel it will weaken their cause?

somehow people decided it was WORSE than all those other non-racial forms of discrimination and more along the lines of racism, somehow

Religion as potent a force in American like is still not race in America.
Neither is sex.
This is where the "I live here, you don't" statement applies.

like I said, they are intertwined. We've seen the rise of the religious right since the 70s and the use of religious issues to maintain the social hierarchy that racial politics couldn't.

also im being totally consistent.

Im cool with Louis CK's nword bit.
im cool with sara silvermans black face bit,
Im cool with RDJ black face bit in tropic thunder.
Great!
Are you cool with your non-black friends/coworkers/acquaintances performing their favorite comedian's bit, which always happen to be
- Louis CK's nword bit.
- sara silvermans black face bit,
- RDJ black face bit in tropic thunder?

Great!
Are you cool with your non-black friends/coworkers/acquaintances performing their favorite comedian's bit, which always happen to be
- Louis CK's nword bit.
- sara silvermans black face bit,
- RDJ black face bit in tropic thunder?

as I said,

the context of stand up comedy is different from interpersonal communication.

just because I am okay with comedians using offensive imagery in their art does not mean I would accept or condone said imagery every other context. this should be obvious.

there is literally a joke about this office.
Michael Scott trying to perform a Chris Rock bit; the comedy lies in the fact that it's funny when chris rock does it on stage but a white guy performing it in an office setting is absurd.

That would make a lot of sense IF and only IF black folks weren't STILL at the bottom Fam.

You see "social movements" and "comparisons".

I see what James Baldwin saw.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Drawings are violence!

"LGBT folks are minorities until they need to be white again." - Dave Chappelle

Last edited:
2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec158d45b.jpg

2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec1dcc4ee-768x433.jpeg

2021.10.22-04.50-boundingintocomics-6172ebdb21317.jpeg

2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec25330b7-768x1058.jpeg

Reminds me of a banned NTer who was found out to be nothing more than a long time fraud
🤣

Last edited:
2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec158d45b.jpg

2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec1dcc4ee-768x433.jpeg

2021.10.22-04.50-boundingintocomics-6172ebdb21317.jpeg

2021.10.22-04.51-boundingintocomics-6172ec25330b7-768x1058.jpeg

this is the woman who organized Netflix's walkout again dave

she know she ain't ordering no salad wraps at McD's. big cap
ah well shes one of the good people, so it's fine what ever she said.

she was probably just

interrogating the intersectional dynamics
and holding space for marginalized bodies in cis heteronormative patriarchal spaces
and queering our understanding of violent speech ect ect ect

That would make a lot of sense IF and only IF black folks weren't STILL at the bottom Fam.

You see "social movements" and "comparisons".

I see what James Baldwin saw.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Drawings are violence!

"LGBT folks are minorities until they need to be white again." - Dave Chappelle

James Baldwin was an openly gay man that drew parallels between the civil rights movement and the fight for gay rights though

she was probably just

and holding space for marginalized bodies in cis heteronormative patriarchal spaces
oooooooh ok ok ok

all is forgiven then

she's not racist/homoist/transphobic
it's the meth

thought meth made u not hungry for... ever
she's a maverick defying all the odds in this horrible patriarchal society

salute

she was probably just

Why are you just making **** up in your head to get mad at? :lol:

It's really hard to tell dude :lol:

Especially since you got so much smoke for a few online progressives that piss you off

nah man it's clearly hilarious that the organizer of the anti dave protest made a bunch or racist comments in the past and then blamed it on meth.

personally I don't think It disqualifies her from activism. but its def funny. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom