Dave White x Air Jordan 1 Retro

Originally Posted by 23RetroKid

They can keep the shoes just give me the box. Only person I see rocking these is Evil Knievel

Knievel and some Marvel-head would wear em to the opening nite of Captain America haa

Originally Posted by 23RetroKid

They can keep the shoes just give me the box. Only person I see rocking these is Evil Knievel

Knievel and some Marvel-head would wear em to the opening nite of Captain America haa

Originally Posted by Method Man

Is the purchase of these tax deductible as a charity donation?
Why would it be?  Jordan Brand is a division of a for profit company, not a 503(c) nonprofit.  This is just a corporate social responsibility initiative on their part.
What would the proceeds even be used for?  The program, as it's described here, involves salaried Jordan Brand employees speaking at various schools.  So, what does this even pay for?  Their travel expenses? Classroom materials used during their workshops?  

On its face, this sounds a little like asking consumers to pay for an NBA Cares community service/photo op event.  

You can slap the "charity" label on anything these days.  I'd hope that consumers would be a little bit more inquisitive before jumping on the bandwagon here.  

Makes sense now that I put more thought into it. Jordan Brand is going to fund the program regardless of what these make.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Is the purchase of these tax deductible as a charity donation?
Why would it be?  Jordan Brand is a division of a for profit company, not a 503(c) nonprofit.  This is just a corporate social responsibility initiative on their part.
What would the proceeds even be used for?  The program, as it's described here, involves salaried Jordan Brand employees speaking at various schools.  So, what does this even pay for?  Their travel expenses? Classroom materials used during their workshops?  

On its face, this sounds a little like asking consumers to pay for an NBA Cares community service/photo op event.  

You can slap the "charity" label on anything these days.  I'd hope that consumers would be a little bit more inquisitive before jumping on the bandwagon here.  

Makes sense now that I put more thought into it. Jordan Brand is going to fund the program regardless of what these make.

Jordan Brand is going to fund the program regardless of what these make.
Exactly.  All you're doing by bidding on these is determining what share of that expense YOU are going to cover instead of an enormous multinational corporation.

Jordan Brand is going to fund the program regardless of what these make.
Exactly.  All you're doing by bidding on these is determining what share of that expense YOU are going to cover instead of an enormous multinational corporation.

While on topic, no thread jack or nothing, but do recent jordan 1 retroes run true to size? The last pair of 1s I bought were the Old love 1s and those ran half a size small. Thanks.

While on topic, no thread jack or nothing, but do recent jordan 1 retroes run true to size? The last pair of 1s I bought were the Old love 1s and those ran half a size small. Thanks.

I'd cop from ebay later If I can find a pair in My size. I don't think they look bad , and the fact that these are "LIMITED" to only 23 pairs means they're rare . I wouldnt mind owning these they'll probaly be worth $1,000.00 + mininum per pair in deadstock condition a couple of years from now.Besides these are Air Jordan 1's the first Model created in the Air Jordan Line. 

I'd cop from ebay later If I can find a pair in My size. I don't think they look bad , and the fact that these are "LIMITED" to only 23 pairs means they're rare . I wouldnt mind owning these they'll probaly be worth $1,000.00 + mininum per pair in deadstock condition a couple of years from now.Besides these are Air Jordan 1's the first Model created in the Air Jordan Line. 

I  only want them because they're  "Limited" 
laugh.gif

These right there would probably get cased up with the box and hung on the wall... this is art not shoes to wear...

These right there would probably get cased up with the box and hung on the wall... this is art not shoes to wear...

Back
Top Bottom