DC Folks: Anybody Going To "See" The Pope?

Heard the trains were PAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED this morning. Might have a built in excuse to get to work late.
pimp.gif

My mom said she was going to the mass today, but we live in Northern Maryland, so I don't see her going all that way. My parents don't drive more than20 miles unless it is for a vacation.

My mother just told me last night he was in town cause the traffic was so crazy...that show how much i keep up with the news
smh.gif

I missed out on tickets to see him at the White House, apparently there are going to be 14,000 there today.

The Popes in DC, had no idea....but then again i don't have TV or believe in god, no class for me today awesome!!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Tickets? As in PAYING to see the dude?

No, I was offered tickets to go to the White House to see him, you either have to know someone or be affiliated with one of the Church's in the localareas to get tickets to see him. Its not something you "pay" for, just have to know someone who can get them for you.

i can tell traffic is bad just from right out my window...my dorm is 4 blocks from the white house and there are sirens going off every 2 minutes and trafficis deadlocked. i think ill walk out there after class just to try to see.

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

Good thing I'm off today. I work near the White House, so I would've struggled on the way there.

Im on the 1200 block of Penn. and im afraid to go outside for lunch.

"The Shops" are gonna be packed today.

Waiting 30 minutes for lunch.....
ohwell.gif

The restaurant my sister works (Cafe Milano) catered some place the pope went to. She actually had the chance to shake his hand. Feeling extra special in myfamily tonight
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom