DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

uh oh...

David Goyer May End Up Helming GREEN LANTERN CORPS

on the latest addition of Meet The Movie Press, Tracking-Board E-i-C Jeff Sneider revealed that David Goyer, who is currently writing the screenplay alongside Justin Rhodes, may step into the director's chair!

It's noted on the show that Goyer, "could very well wind up directing Green Lantern Corps himself," and that may not be music to the ears of some fans.

Last edited:
jjqsms.jpg

We about to get Training Day/Harsh Times/End of Watch in space if they let him do his thing

Last edited:
We about to get Training Day/Harsh Times/End of Watch in space if they let him do his thing

An End of Watch scenario in space would be pretty dope. Hal and John boxed in like Pena and Gyllenhaal were in the complex. But I don't know. I feel more comfortable with Goyer scripting out a story, but I don't like his views on some aspects of superheroes.

I don't think he should direct this type of superhero film. Especially one with a lore that can get as weird as GLC with all of the different sectors, planets, and aliens. I want someone who would embrace all that instead of someone who tried to dis Martian Manhunter.

Goyer directing GL might be worse than Kinberg directing the next X-Men movie :smh:

All that gonna change if wonder woman and justice league the kind of numbers they can.

No cyborg film
No nightwing
No booster gold
No lobo

Just have those guys show up in movies no need for their own movie
JL needs to do a billi, no excuses. And not no 950 mill global grossing. A good deal pass the billi mark.

Its still saddening how they botched a movie starring both Superman and Batman.

Those other guys, eh. That seems to be a thing most studios do (rumors about b-list characters getting movies) but DC has taken some of it a step further. It's out there rumored more than once to gague fan reaction.

Damn, Liam Neeson gon' need to join SS2 now, maybe as the villain the skwad is trying to take down?

According to Jeff Sneider on the latest addition of Meet The Movie Press, Jaume-Collet Serra is now another name in the running to direct the Suicide Squad follow-up. He directed Blake Lively in shark thriller The Shallows, but his other credits are mostly made up of fun action movies starring Liam Neeson like Unknown, Non-Stop, and Run All Night.

:lol:
Liam about to be that Cat dude.

Certain special skills and ready to hunt down and beat the SS :lol:

Last edited:
Justice league has a good date for it. It's 2 weeks after thor(which is not going to do great because it's Thor) and a month before Star Wars. It's gonna have the thanksgiving Holiday all to itself.

BVS did 872. JL is going to do similar or better and if it's a good movie a billion is gonna be easy

TBH they promoted the **** out of BvS for ages before the release so the word of mouth was strong and initial attendance surged.

JL comes out in like 8 months and we haven't even gotten an actual trailer

Last edited:
TBH they promoted the **** out of BvS for ages before the release so the word of mouth was strong and initial attendance surged.

JL comes out in like 8 months and we haven't even gotten an actual trailer
We should be getting a JL trailer pretty soon. Zach confirmed it about 2 weeks ago. Perhaps sometime next month. Even though WB doesn't have any big releases planned for April.

Next month makes sense. Not too close to Wonder Woman as to take any marketing away from it in the final stretch before release. Then they could release another trailer with Wonder Woman.

Guys, guys cmon. Give DC a chance.

They'll bounce back with Wonder Woman.

If not, they'll bounce back with Justice League.

If not, they'll bounce back with Aquaman.

If not, they'll bounce back with Suicide Squad 2.

Then you'll all look like jackasses for doubting them

Last edited:
Guys, guys cmon. Give DC a chance.

They'll bounce back with Wonder Woman.

If not, they'll bounce back with Justice League.

If not, they'll bounce back with Aquaman.

If not, they'll bounce back with Suicide Squad 2.

Then you'll all look like jackasses for doubting them

Doubt it happens, but as an Aquaman fan i'd love it if it was his film that allowed DC to win back the crowd. :lol:

Goyer and Snyder somehow atleast have true classics in their repertoire.

Ahh ****, forget Singer did The Usual Suspects. What the hell happened to these dudes.

Last edited:
Goyer and Snyder somehow atleast have true classics in their repertoire.

Ahh ****, forget Singer did The Usual Suspects. What the hell happened to these dudes.

Singer has the usual suspects and...

Other guys I can find a use for somewhere somehow.. singer has been hurtful even as a producer

Goyer has zero as a director

IMO Snyder has made worse movies but Singer trumps him and Goyer due to his consistency of making lousy awful mediocre disappointing movies.

Dude has done it for more than one studio. Snyder needs a couple more years of making bad movies before he's able to challenge.

Even with his muted colors Snyder still has the better visuals than w/e the **** Singer thinks he's doing sometimes.

Goyer is pretty awful but he got TDK to his name and he has to get some credit. There's just a difference when you're just the writer of several bad superhero and action flicks. Plus you can churn out more at a quicker pace where the odds are better to pen a decent movie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom