DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

To answer that question, we'd really have to break down their each of their hits and misses but for the sake of time, I'll list their best comic book related work. This, of course, is my humble opinion.

Singer = X2

Nowadays, people like to crap on Singer and rightfully so. Like Zik said, he's made a lot of mediocre films that disappoint and on a consistent basis. Plus, his visuals aren't really anything to write home about. That being said, I give him a lot of credit for what he did with X2 (and the first X-Men film to a certain extent). It's easy to dismiss these movies now with the hundreds of comic book movies that have popped up since then -- some of them superior, some not. But the way he juggled all of the characters and still managed to put together a tight, coherent story was pretty impressive. To think this movie had Pyro, Iceman, Rogue, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, Jean Gray, Deathstrike, and the very delightful Brian Cox as Stryker all coming together for an entertaining film that still holds up today. That opening scene alone (with Nightcrawler storming the White House) is probably one of the single greatest comic book movie scenes in the last 15 years.

Snyder = 300

Even though I enjoy his Dawn of the Dead remake more, this is peak Snyder. While this movie gets harped on a lot, people forget this is really what put him on the map. For better or for worse, he's been milking his 300 tricks for way too long now. People praised the visuals which he still uses a lot in his recent films. And while the paper-thin story and one-dimensional characters actually helped in making 300 a fun film,, it doesn't do the same for giant properties like Batman and Superman.

Goyer = The Dark Knight

Considered the best comic book movie of all time (and was so significant,,, it made the Academy rethink their stance on nominating only 5 films),, you could say Goyer reached his apex of his profession here thus far. But it's hard to give him so much credit when Nolan, Bale, and Heath Ledger were firing on all cylinders in this movie.

To answer the question,,, the most irredeemable for me would be Snyder. The fact that he's set DC on such a terrible start to their cinematic universe and he's STILL involved in major decisions,,, that's bad news for everyone.

Last edited:
Some of the cast might be at WonderCon. Maybe we'll get a trailer or teaser too. With New Line there, I think it's a safe bet to expect Shazam info since they share the rights like Marvel Studios and Universal does with Hulk.

1315f60a_3b9156x462my.jpeg

Oh okay. Did t read that part properly. Still though, I did not know another studio owned the film rights to Shazam.

Last edited:
Joe Manganopolis is now expressing doubt over whether he'll be in the Batman

While speaking to Pittsburgh Today Live (via Batman-News), the interviewers asked Manganiello about his status with the film. When asked if it was true he would be appearing in The Batman as Deathstroke, he simply (and surprisingly) said after throwing his hands in the air, “Umm. Maybe. We’ll see.”

http://screenrant.com/deathstroke-not-in-batman-movie-joe-manganiello/

Last edited:
Makes sense if they rethinking the script, was really looking forward to seeing the character on the big screen though.

think it's funny he made that one quote about the process of the preproduction and how they're gonna take their time to make the best film possible and now he may not even be in it

He's probably been getting asked that a lot recently. I think he's going to have a brief cameo in Justice League.

Batman already has a giant list of great villains to pick from. This could be DC's chance to put Deathstroke in the NIGHTWING movie. :pimp:

Makes sense if they rethinking the script, was really looking forward to seeing the character on the big screen though.

think it's funny he made that one quote about the process of the preproduction and how they're gonna take their time to make the best film possible and now he may not even be in it

I think that just shows unless they're apart of the creative process, these actors don't know much until they get a script. They probably just gamed him up when they pitched the idea and story.

He's probably been getting asked that a lot recently. I think he's going to have a brief cameo in Justice League.

Batman already has a giant list of great villains to pick from. This could be DC's chance to put Deathstroke in the NIGHTWING movie. :pimp:

That is what many people want from the comments I've read.

Cool

Son better do something so he isn't recast.

Last edited:
Zach Snyder wouldn't put cheetah in cheetah print in fear of it looking stupid :smh:

Which would naturally leads to fans revolting, especially when not doing that has annoyed Cheetah fans in the past. Snyder wouldn't get the hint though.

Zack Snyder isn't even directing Wonder Woman and I think it's safe to say he won't be directing any of the sequels. "Cheetah fans" can rest easy.

I might have missed it but where is that coming from?

Snyder seems to always do comic accurate looks.

I might have missed it but where is that coming from?

Snyder seems to always do comic accurate looks.

People probably just think he'd make the colors so dark she looks like a hyena or a black panther / jaguar.

Back
Top Bottom