DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

'Aquaman' Relocates to 'Avatar 2' Release Date in 2018

The Warner Bros. film will now open on the date that was once presumed to belong to the James Cameron sequel.
Aquaman will be swimming into theaters a little later than originally planned.

The DC/Warner Bros. film is moving from Oct. 5, 2018 to the middle of holiday season, Dec. 21, 2018. It will open in 3D.

Aquaman is moving into a slot that is currently occupied by an untitled Fox film from James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment that was presumably being held for Avatar 2, however that film has not yet been given an official release date. Last week, Cameron said Avatar 2 would no longer be released in 2018 as expected.

Warner Bros. also announced Thursday that its PG-13 comedy Bastards would open Dec. 22 of this year. Horse Soldiers, a special forces drama starring Chris Hemsworth, will be released Jan. 19, 2018 in IMAX.

Jason Momoa is playing the hero in Aquaman, with James Wan directing. Amber Heard is also starring as Mera, Aquaman's royal love interest, and Willem Dafoe is playing Aquaman’s advisor, scientist Dr. Vulko. Patrick Wilson will play Orm, a villain who is also Aquaman’s half-brother.

Momoa will appear as Aquaman in November's Justice League.

Last edited:
Wasn't looking forward to Avatar 2 anyway. I'd rather watch Aquaman throw down with Black Manta. :pimp:

The VFX supervisor from The World's End is going to be working on The Flash. Hopefully he can help bring Edgar Wright to direct. :nerd: :pimp:

The VFX supervisor from The World's End is going to be working on The Flash. Hopefully he can help bring Edgar Wright to direct.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
If Edgar Wright were to direct a DC film,,, I will actually have hope for that film...unless WB intervenes again...

Wasn't looking forward to Avatar 2 anyway. I'd rather watch Aquaman throw down with Black Manta.
pimp.gif

The VFX supervisor from The World's End is going to be working on The Flash. Hopefully he can help bring Edgar Wright to direct.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
Don't count on it. Remember, Edgar was up to direct Antman. And even shot test footage for it. But he dropped out due to "creative differences".  With WB's track record he won't stand a chance.

The Flash movie in particular has had a carousel of directors, but if they made it happen, it would be a huge W. Plus the familiarity of working with someone he knows.

Justin Kroll [emoji]10004[/emoji] @krolljvar

With BATMAN likely shooting in 2018, WB still would like one more DC property to shoot this year other than AQUAMAN

The 5 films being considered are SIRENS, FLASH, LANTERN, SQUAD 2 and DARK UNIVERSE.

That said if scripts aren't ready to go, studio is content just shooting AQUAMAN this year till films are ready to go

Fox had success but yeah DC should really go back to stand alones :lol:

At least it doesn't sound like they're gonna rush a director like they did Ayer.

Just for the fun/**** of it DC should make somebody do a Mr. Terrific movie out of the blue :lol:. Have him travelling to Earth-2.

Fox are just making pseudo stand alones at this point. :lol: Fox knows their limits and aren't very ambitious.

DC has all the ambition but has no direction

Last edited:
It does say they won't have 2 movies in 2018 if they're not ready to go... :\ I don't see any problem with them getting another one in 2018. Probably late summer/early fall.

I forgot they changed the title of Justice League Dark. I think Dark Universe would be the best candidate, because there's going to be less at stake portraying Zatanna, Etrigan, Constantine, Swamp Thing, etc., than it would to do the bigger characters. Selfishly, I want that GLC movie, but only if they cast it right and have a solid director.

Last edited:
Suicide squad 2 or Sirens would be the easiest too make. But I'd rather see a Green lantern movie

Or just go ahead and make a standalone Constantine sequel with Keanu

Edit: you know what. Suicide squad 2, with death stroke and knightwing

Last edited:
DCEU Film Slate'

Wonder Woman - June 2

- Gal has a 3 picture deal (BVS, WW, JL)

Justice League - November 17

Aquaman - Deceber 21

Shazam - April 5

Cyborg - April 3

Green Lantern Corp - July 24

Delayed films

Flash

Batman

Planned Films

Gothem City Sirens

Suicide Squad 2

Nightwing

MOS 2

Justice League Dark

Lobo (Development hell)

Booster Gold

Deadshot spinoff (Rumored. Hopefully doesn't happen)

Justice Leage Pt2

http://screenrant.com/dc-extended-universe-upcoming-movies/?view=all

Last edited:
All that gonna change if wonder woman and justice league the kind of numbers they can.

No cyborg film
No nightwing
No booster gold
No lobo

Just have those guys show up in movies no need for their own movie

I agree. We need a Booster Gold movie! Time traveling/heist/action/superhero buddy comedy with Booster and Ted. :wow:

This guy is still trying to cast Tuna as Booster though. :smh:

Last edited:
So yall cant imagine a lowkey brolic Krasinski with some 5'oclock shadow in a super suit playing an outwardly confident but lowkey alcoholic superhero :smh: no vision

WB better hope and pray Disney doesn't move Han Solo to December

literally the first thing that popped into my mind, Disney gonna move Han Solo and put some pirates or unveil another film(live action remake) for that May date

Damn, Liam Neeson gon' need to join SS2 now, maybe as the villain the skwad is trying to take down?

According to Jeff Sneider on the latest addition of Meet The Movie Press, Jaume-Collet Serra is now another name in the running to direct the Suicide Squad follow-up. He directed Blake Lively in shark thriller The Shallows, but his other credits are mostly made up of fun action movies starring Liam Neeson like Unknown, Non-Stop, and Run All Night.

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom