DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Didn't know they actually both released in 2011.

Doesn't mean he's still not Khal Drogo with the ability to swim.

The show was called The Red Road and it was in Sundance I think. I only caught part of an ep and now it's done.

Me not being able to watch has more to do with Sundance and them never reairing shows or rarely having them on demand.

Red Road was pretty good. Watched it when it was up on netflix. I think he's played a Native American 2-3 times now.

Should have been a teen titan crew movie.. can't believe they went that way over green lantern or Martian manhunter

Blame the New52 and DC being late to the party on including diversity on their big league superhero team.

Last edited:
finally read court of owls. it was really good. hope its made a movie by nolan :smokin . i like the court of owls incorporation on gotham :\

Last edited:
I like Damian, unlike some folks.. only one I wasn't feeling was emerald knights

Killing joke was bad.. wasn't feeling the batman movie that was a couple different styles, only liked the deadshot one

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:
finally read court of owls. it was really good. hope its made a movie by nolan :smokin . i like the court of owls incorporation on gotham :\

Yeah, it's a solid story arc, glad you enjoyed it. I've seen a number of people claim it's one of their favorite Batman stoies of all time.
I like Damian, unlike some folks.. only one I wasn't feeling was emerald knights

Killing joke was bad.. wasn't feeling the batman movie that was a couple different styles, only liked the deadshot one

Damian's just fine, after he goes through the character development from working as Robin under **** Grayson and later Bruce Wayne. In the early days, however, the days depicted in Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin, he's trash, just like both of those movies were.

I enjoyed Emerald Knights. Not as good as Green Lantern First Flight, which I thought was great, but definitely good. It reminded me of a number of GL stories i've read in which the writers really just tell you the different stories the group has recorded over the centuries featuring a number of different Lanterns.

Only part of Killing Joke that I didn't enjoy in all honesty was Batman and Batgirl ******* on a rooftop, Barbara assaulting a random dude that was arguing with his girlfriend, and really that entire subplot Bruce Timm threw in before the main event. The purpose of that, as I understand it, was to give Barbara Gordon some shine as Batgirl at her peak, so that fans would just see her getting gunned down and crippled as part of Batman's story, since that's been a very real complaint of the original comic for years now. Timm ****** it up by throwing in the sexual relationship though.

The final one you're referring to is Batman Gotham Knight, with the different art styles, which I think is interesting for the different styles, but not great.

Timm completely ruined Batgirl in regards tl her role in Killing Joke. He reduced to her to some silly girl mad cause her professor stop calling her back.

He protrayed her as a victim throughout the movie.

Yeah, it was actually worse than Moore's story where he just fridged her :lol:

Like I know Timm's hinted and done Bruce hooking up with Bans before but to choose this story was crazy.

Last edited:
He made all this fuss about having a strong female hero and then goes and turns her into every stereotype oit there.

Hell he had some random goon belittle her like she wasnt **** throughout the first half.

He got hella defensive too when he got called out about it

Back
Top Bottom